Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are They Victims?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are They Victims?

    Those afflicted with 'long term' problems are prone to all sorts of changes that can have detrimental effects on mood, behaviour, and thinking. Bearing this is mind, is it fair to exercise a little 'awareness' when interacting with people who have a history of suffering?

  • #2
    So r u suffering long time? Share ur problem

    Comment


    • #3
      My cat smells like fire sometimes when hes outside after maghrib
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

      O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

      Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by aynina View Post
        My cat smells like fire sometimes when hes outside after maghrib
        Tell him to quit smoking
        "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

        Comment


        • #5
          When someone talks about suffering for a long time in one thread, and in other threads they want to discuss and debate politics, is it reasonable to not take them as seriously as you normally would? I think it is.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
            When someone talks about suffering for a long time in one thread, and in other threads they want to discuss and debate politics, is it reasonable to not take them as seriously as you normally would? I think it is.
            An illness can manifest itself with various symptoms. This thread just reduces sick people and their experiences to be dismissive, and thats shallow. But what else to expect here?
            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

            And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


            أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

            Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


            Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

            Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

              An illness can manifest itself with various symptoms. This thread just reduces sick people and their experiences to be dismissive, and thats shallow. But what else to expect here?
              You can easily post a rebuttal.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                When someone talks about suffering for a long time in one thread, and in other threads they want to discuss and debate politics, is it reasonable to not take them as seriously as you normally would? I think it is.
                Are you trying to say that someone afflicted with black magic/possession will have a skewed perception of Politics?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

                  You can easily post a rebuttal.
                  Just did? Whatever
                  وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

                  And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


                  أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

                  Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


                  Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

                  Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                    When someone talks about suffering for a long time in one thread, and in other threads they want to discuss and debate politics, is it reasonable to not take them as seriously as you normally would? I think it is.
                    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

                      Are you trying to say that someone afflicted with black magic/possession will have a skewed perception of Politics?
                      It's possible, no?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

                        It's possible, no?
                        One word: Pernicious.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

                          One word: Pernicious.
                          Eh?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
                            ...Anyone with common sense would know that whether you take someone seriously or not should depend on their character and what they say...
                            Of course, which is why I mentioned changes in mood, behaviour, and thinking. If the 'illness' has an adverse effect on mentality, it can change how someone thinks and behaves.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                              Those afflicted with 'long term' problems are prone to all sorts of changes that can have detrimental effects on mood, behaviour, and thinking. Bearing this is mind, is it fair to exercise a little 'awareness' when interacting with people who have a history of suffering?
                              Are tou referring to Jinn afflicted individuals and 2hat exactly do you mean by showing a little "awareness" ?

                              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

                              "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

                              – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X