Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Required Conditions for Recitation to Work for Ruqyah

As-Salaamu Alaykum,

I didn't want this important matter to be buried in a thread of a different topic, so I am reposting it as its own thread, In Sha' Allah.

This is so important because many people just want to recite the Quran or Du'a in order to relieve their condition, however this is a false hope and a misconception about Ruqyah.

There have been extensive arguments about this point over the past couple of days with some promoting a position that recitation of the Quran alone will suffice an afflicted individual. This is sadly not the case and they are unable to provide concrete proof for this conviction. All of the Ayaat and Ahadith that indicate the recitation and Du'a as a healing are aimed at Believers and no one else. We should all be familiar with the requirements that categorize a person as a "Believer".

I just want to leave this quote I translated from a Fatwa about Ruqyah by Shaykh Ibn Jibreen:

Recitation will not benefit the sick except by means of the following stipulations:

[Stipulations 1 & 2 are about the Raqi]

The 3rd Stipulation: That the sick person be from the people of Imaan, righteousness, goodness, Taqwaa, establishment of the Deen, and far away from the prohibited matters, disobedience, and oppressiveness, due to His saying: {And We have revealed in the Quran what is a healing and mercy for the Believers while it will not increase oppressors except in loss} and {Say: It is a guidance and a healing for those who believe; and for those who do not believe, there is a deafness in their ears and it is blindness over them}. Thus, the majority of the time there is no effect for the people of disobedience and those who neglect acts of obedience to Allah, people of pride and arrogance, those who drag their pant legs and shave their beards, those who stay home from the congregational prayer and delay it, and those who neglect acts of worship, and similar people.

The 4th Stipulation: That the sick person is required to believe the Quran is a healing, mercy and beneficial cure; thus, it does not benefit when there is uncertainty, saying: "I will perform Ruqyah like an experiment- perhaps it will benefit otherwise it cannot hurt." Rather, it is required to believe that it is actually a benefit and that it is a strong cure, just as Allah, may He be exalted, informed us.

Thus, as long as these stipulations are fulfilled, it will benefit with the permission of Allah, may He be exalted, and Allah is most knowledgeable.~end quote

Source

The above stipulations should be a sticky in this section of the forum.
Working...
X