X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Umrah Trip - 2017

Assulamu aalaikam wrt brk

How are you guys doing ?

I wanted to double check if anyone has taken thier children with them to Umrah and what tips/suggestions they would give ?

I have my elderly mother and father and my 4 children (with Mrs) going Umrah very soon, insha'Allah ?

What is the best footwear for the girls to wear during Umrah (between 10 and 3) ?

Jazaka Allahu Khair
    Coffe and a slice of your finest cake :-)

Re: Family Umrah Trip - 2017

Insha Allah you will be fine, I've taken mine before and that was in Ramadan too...I would advise hotels close by if budget allows...Are you going with a group ?
    Last edited by Deenie Man; 08-10-17, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Jazak Allahu Khair Deenie Man.

No, going alone (no group).
      Hotels are Swissotel Al Makam - in Makkah
      and Rawdah Al Aqiq - in Madeenah
      both are apparently quite close to the Masjids.

Any experince with these hotels ?

Comment

Originally posted by thetruth View Post
        Jazak Allahu Khair Deenie Man.

No, going alone (no group).
        Hotels are Swissotel Al Makam - in Makkah
        and Rawdah Al Aqiq - in Madeenah
        both are apparently quite close to the Masjids.

Any experince with these hotels ?
        TBH never stayed at either but they are both close to the Masjids, Rawdah Al Aqiq will be no more than 5 minute walk to ladies entrance.

Make sure you plan enough rest ie Fajr to Zuhr and maybe another power nap after Zuhr. It will do good for your parents and kids Insha Allah

Comment

How are you guys doing ?

I wanted to double check if anyone has taken thier children with them to Umrah and what tips/suggestions they would give ?

I have my elderly mother and father and my 4 children (with Mrs) going Umrah very soon, insha'Allah ?

What is the best footwear for the girls to wear during Umrah (between 10 and 3) ?

Jazaka Allahu Khair
          :wswrwb:
          Happy for you. Have a great journey InshaAllah.
          I think you have to be wary of the rulings concerning the ibadah umrah and advise them accordingly while they are in the ihram etc.
          There are threads here , you can use the search function

Ill just link one thread here below
          http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...umrah+children

or use the link below
          http://www.ummah.com/forum/search.php?searchid=6204477

Comment

Swissotel al makam is new, it has two entrances - one inside clock tower and one outside near elaf al kinda hotel...

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimThinker View Post
              :wswrwb:
              Happy for you. Have a great journey InshaAllah.
              I think you have to be wary of the rulings concerning the ibadah umrah and advise them accordingly while they are in the ihram etc.
              There are threads here , you can use the search function

Ill just link one thread here below
              http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...umrah+children

or use the link below
              http://www.ummah.com/forum/search.php?searchid=6204477
              Jazak Allahu Khair
              Yes I have seem them, Alhumdulillah, very solid advice.

Comment

What is everyones thoughts on the best time to put on Ihram (with intention), bearing in mind I have children coming too.

is it best to put Ihram on (before leaving for airport, or before departure) and then make intention when annoucment is made on plane ?

FYI: Flying via London (BA) direct into Jeddah and then drive into Makkah insha'Allah, intention is to try and complete Umrah before Jummah begins (it will be tight).

Comment

Bottom half after security at Heathrow then wear top half and make intention whilst on flight

Comment

I always wear before boarding plane unless it is Saudi air line where I would put it on board as they have a special area in the plane for this purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Deenie Man View Post
                      Bottom half after security at Heathrow then wear top half and make intention whilst on flight
                      One reason why I love this site, the great sharing of info, advise, and such.
                      Deenie Man - I've been a number of times and this is one of the best tips I've ever heard! Jazakallahkheir. In hindsight it seems simple enough to think of :)

thetruth,
                      Regarding the hotel in Medina, Rawdah al Aqiq, where exactly is it?

I've similarly travelled with my elderly (70, 80y) parents and children, family, large amount of people. I've got a couple of suggestions:
                      - The "Rawdah" hotel sounds like it's on the Rawdah Mubarak/dome side (South side). Meaning you have to cross the courtyard length, get pass the line where the Imaam is leading Salah in order to join salah. When traveling with 4 kids and 2 seniors, you wont always make it on time. You'll join late.

I would strongly advise being on the Other side of the haram (North side), near Hotel Dallah Taiba/Shaza hotel.
                      Benefit is you enter the courtyard (or earlier) and there are 'suf'/rows of people praying that you can join 'earlier' instead of having to cross the whole lenght of the courtyard to get behind the Imaam. I strongly advise ensuring your hotel is on the North side.

Secondly, there are ladies entrances on the corner by the North&West side and North&East side corners. Depending on how mobile your mother is (mine is mobile but walking long stretches is challenging), I would recommend North&West side, by Gate number 24, 25, 26. Again reason being convenience for your mother. The Ziyarath access for ladies is in the N/W side, not the N/E side. N/E side they can go and pray and come back. Ziyarath is N/W side access.

10y ago, my mother would stay outside the ring road are Shara-Siteen (sp). Now, we stay N/W side outside gate 25/26 in Al Saliyha (formerly known as Mubarak al Medina Hotel). or Bahauddin. Golden Al Ansar if you can afford it. Al Salihya is not the cleanest/best option, but it's affordable and most importantly it's close for my mom.

Also, have patience there.
                      Dont judge people.
                      Dont react or lash out or think "that's not fair, they cut in line".
                      You're going for a higher purpose and should not be consumed about 'justice'
                      Enjoy the grandeur of it all, that court of your Lord, the privilige of being there.
                      And please make dua for the Ummah everywhere

Comment

How are you guys doing ?

Jazaka Allahu Khair
                        Girls can wear crocs or sandals that slip on and off easily, but not when they are walking. Try and sit in a less crowded open areas so the kids can run around a bit while you are praying.

Take electronic devices for kids. I didn't take my kids, but I saw one mother had to leave her salat and run after her little boy who had wandered off too far. I also saw another couple, at Isha salaat with very very tired out crying kids, trying to get them to stop crying while they prayed.

I think someone might have to skip a salaat at the haram so the kids get adquate rest.

Umrah takes a few hours. You and wife will be able to do it, soon as you arrive at makkah, but I'm not sure about the others. They might need to lie down and rest or eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikki View Post
                          Girls can wear crocs or sandals that slip on and off easily, but not when they are walking. Try and sit in a less crowded open areas so the kids can run around a bit while you are praying.

Take electronic devices for kids. I didn't take my kids, but I saw one mother had to leave her salat and run after her little boy who had wandered off too far. I also saw another couple, at Isha salaat with very very tired out crying kids, trying to get them to stop crying while they prayed.

I think someone might have to skip a salaat at the haram so the kids get adquate rest.

Umrah takes a few hours. You and wife will be able to do it, soon as you arrive at makkah, but I'm not sure about the others. They might need to lie down and rest or eat.
                          crocs/sandals - I have got the kiddies sandles but due to the amount of walking, I've got them some soft cusioned trainers ...good/bad idea ?

Comment

Jazakallahu Khair for some really great advice from all of you!

Comment

crocs/sandals - I have got the kiddies sandles but due to the amount of walking, I've got them some soft cusioned trainers ...good/bad idea ?
                              I'm sure that should be fine. Just rememebr to take bags to put all the shoes in when you guys take them off. :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X