Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Family Umrah Trip - 2017

Originally posted by Ikki View Post
    I'm sure that should be fine. Just rememebr to take bags to put all the shoes in when you guys take them off. :up:
    Yeah have ordered a few gym sack type bags for the shoes, Jazakallahu Khair
    Coffe and a slice of your finest cake :-)

Comment

Originally posted by thetruth View Post
      [MENTION=374]thetruth[/MENTION].

If you live in London you are welcome to pick up these string shoulder bags from me free of charge.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruth View Post
        One of the most helpful useful things , these gym sack bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Deenie Man View Post
          Insha Allah you will be fine, I've taken mine before and that was in Ramadan too...I would advise hotels close by if budget allows...Are you going with a group ?
          Assalam, In Mecca we have the hotel booked "Rawdat Bait Ajyad - Ajyad Street"
          4 Adults + 3 Children. the hotel mentions of offering its shuttle service which I believe will be the true case.

We are scheduled to be there in first week of Dec-2017.
          Medina is our port of entry, after 4 days stay we'll travel by road to Mecca.

Presently, as I read a discussion at another website, more than 50% of area around Kaaba is closed for tawaaf. This is because of some construction works.

If anyone can further explain the situation here.
          Moin

Comment

Saw a video clip last night showing the mataf area (where you do tawaf) was dug up significantly on at least one side. Reason I heard was they wanted to clean the zamzam water lines. Projected timeframe was 6-7 months with goal to complete before coming Ramadan.

Heard this second hand, any additional info would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post
              Saw a video clip last night showing the mataf area (where you do tawaf) was dug up significantly on at least one side. Reason I heard was they wanted to clean the zamzam water lines. Projected timeframe was 6-7 months with goal to complete before coming Ramadan.

Taken from a post on Tripadvisor:

The entrance at King Fahad Gate appears to be the main entrance and leads directly to the central tawaf area - entry only granted to men in ehram and woman accompanying men in ehram (not sure what rules applies to women only).

Comment

Swissotel Al Makam and Rawdah Al Aqiq both hotels are best and very close to Al-Haram and Prophet's Mosque (PBUH).

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post

Quite a big area they cordoned of for the construction, seeing from live stream Makkah. It seems to be the zam zam.
                  I noticed they partitioned the area quite well too. So they can walk accordingly. The new expansion is fully opened too already I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Deenie Man View Post

Taken from a post on Tripadvisor:

The entrance at King Fahad Gate appears to be the main entrance and leads directly to the central tawaf area - entry only granted to men in ehram and woman accompanying men in ehram (not sure what rules applies to women only).
                    I think so that the place doesnt get too crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimThinker View Post

I think so that the place doesnt get too crowded.
                      These days you shall only see brothers in Ihraam praying around the Ka’bah at the time of Salah..this is due to maintenance work on the Zam Zam well. Resulting in restriction around the Tawaf area on the ground floor.

In terms of performing Umrah, women (and men in Ihraam) are allowed to perform their tawaf on the ground floor. Other then this, men who are NOT in ihraam and those in a wheelchair must perform their tawaf on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor.

For the time being there is only access through 3 gates to tawaf area also. (These are gates 90, 92 and 93)

Gates access to the tawaf area are closed 45 minutes before salah time. King Abdul Aziz gate is the entrance to the mataaf area for salah only. Entrance to all mataaf area is via the ground/floor basement.

These restrictions will remain in place until Ramadhan.

Comment

Join Funadiq.com, The firs ever Online Marketing Platform with an On the ground team in Makkah and Madinah. We have the largest Database of Hotels, Transportation, Catering, Telecom Sim card and related Hajj and Umrah suppliers in Makkah and Madinah. No need to travel yourself or rely on a few agents, with our Historic reviews on properties and landlords you are sure to make the best decision, Save time, Save Money & Save Efforts, Reserve now at Funadiq.com

Comment

Originally posted by taqwa435 View Post

These days you shall only see brothers in Ihraam praying around the Ka’bah at the time of Salah..this is due to maintenance work on the Zam Zam well. Resulting in restriction around the Tawaf area on the ground floor.

In terms of performing Umrah, women (and men in Ihraam) are allowed to perform their tawaf on the ground floor. Other then this, men who are NOT in ihraam and those in a wheelchair must perform their tawaf on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor.

For the time being there is only access through 3 gates to tawaf area also. (These are gates 90, 92 and 93)

Gates access to the tawaf area are closed 45 minutes before salah time. King Abdul Aziz gate is the entrance to the mataaf area for salah only. Entrance to all mataaf area is via the ground/floor basement.

These restrictions will remain in place until Ramadhan.
                          Jazakullah for the information.
                          Just as I thought. Ramadhan time will definitely need the space then.

Comment

Working...
                          X