• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Umra 1438

Originally posted by lazy View Post
    Shoaib bhai,
    That was true when answered then.

Yesterday's news is if you went last year for Umrah (1438) and want to go this year (1439), then there is a SR 2000 repeater fee to pay.
    So is there any time frame when one can visit without paying the extra SR 2000 or is this going to be addressed on a yearly basis?

Alhumdoulillah i went Easter 2017 (1438) & insha allah would like to go again

jzk
    الله مستعان

Comment

Originally posted by shoaibd View Post
      So is there any time frame when one can visit without paying the extra SR 2000 or is this going to be addressed on a yearly basis?

Alhumdoulillah i went Easter 2017 (1438) & insha allah would like to go again

jzk
      If the current rule is unchanged in 1440, it will mean (as I understand it) that those who have not gone for Umrah in 1439 will not have to pay the Repeater Fee of SR2000 if they are going for Umrah in 1440. This is based on my understanding that "this" year's rule says if you went in 1438 and it did not mention 'last 3 years' or "1437 or 1438". And, again, that's IF they have the SAME rule next year as they do this year.

Comment

If the current rule is unchanged in 1440, it will mean (as I understand it) that those who have not gone for Umrah in 1439 will not have to pay the Repeater Fee of SR2000 if they are going for Umrah in 1440. This is based on my understanding that "this" year's rule says if you went in 1438 and it did not mention 'last 3 years' or "1437 or 1438". And, again, that's IF they have the SAME rule next year as they do this year.
        That is a correct analogy. But, then, our Saudi brothers retain the trophy for being the most un-predictable of them all.

Comment

Any news on visa fee being scrapped :/

Comment

Originally posted by taqwa435 View Post
            As of Friday it had not been as far as I was aware.
            My passport with visa arrived Friday so I paid up on Saturday to my agent the SR2000 repeater 'gift'.

Comment

Any news on "what fee" being scrapped???
              Rather, the question ought to be on any news on any "new fee" being imposed?

Comment

Originally posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
                lol
                I knew Ismail bhai would take exception to the question of "visa fee" and thus referenced the SR2000 as a 'gift', albeit in quotes, so that you wouldnt get incited; alas :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
                  New fee?! Umrah will soon be a dream for some of us :(

Comment

lol
                    I knew Ismail bhai would take exception to the question of "visa fee" and thus referenced the SR2000 as a 'gift', albeit in quotes, so that you wouldnt get incited; alas :)
                    So what is the current exchange rate ie how much does SR2000 equate to? Wslms

Comment

New fee?! Umrah will soon be a dream for some of us :(
                      Dreams do come true you know :)
                      http://www.sabeeltravels.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Ummati786 View Post
                        So what is the current exchange rate ie how much does SR2000 equate to? Wslms
                        Around £420-430

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Eesa View Post
                          Around £420-430
                          Around $535-$540 USD

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Eesa View Post
                            Around £420-430
                            Jzk. I think the SR2000 exchange rate is considerably (0.3) less than the market exchange rate. Or the £420-£430 figure a rounded up amount;)

Comment

Originally posted by Ummati786 View Post
                              Jzk. I think the SR2000 exchange rate is considerably (0.3) less than the market exchange rate. Or the £420-£430 figure a rounded up amount;)
                              Yeah rounded up it works out around £415-420 current rate but when we agents pay we never get the market rate.

Comment

lol
                                No, not quite. It was my way of responding to my little sister, Taqwa, who I sometimes find floating away getting carried by fancy imaginations. That too, from none others than our custodians of The Harmain Sharifains.

Wont be long now before their free health services for pilgrims are converted into cash cows. First move towards that is coming in the shape of compulsory health insurance lurking just around the corner.

Comment

Working...
                                X