Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hajj Animal Sacrifice / Qurbani and Eid Qurbani

Assalamualaikum

I would like to clarify one confusion about Qurbani during Hajj and on Eid time:

Those people, going for Hajj, they supposed to perform Qurbani before they shaved their heads on 10th Dhu al-Hijjah. Do they have to arrange another Qurbani in home country that every Muslim usually do on Eid day as well?

Wsalam,

Re: Hajj Animal Sacrifice / Qurbani and Eid Qurbani

Originally posted by ysurmust View Post
    Assalamualaikum

I would like to clarify one confusion about Qurbani during Hajj and on Eid time:

Those people, going for Hajj, they supposed to perform Qurbani before they shaved their heads on 10th Dhu al-Hijjah. Do they have to arrange another Qurbani in home country that every Muslim usually do on Eid day as well?

Wsalam,
    Wa alaikum assalam,

Udhiya of Eid (Qurbani) is optional for the one performing Hajj. If one intends to offer this Qurbani then they should not take from their hair, nails or skin, starting from the first of Dhul-Hijjah until the Qurbani is done. This applies to pilgrims and non-pilgrims, regardless of where the animal sacrifice is done. This is because the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "When you see the new moon of Dhul-Hijjah, if any one of you wants to offer a sacrifice, then he should stop cutting his hair and nails until he has offered his sacrifice." According to another report he said: "He should not remove anything from his hair or skin." (reported by Muslim with four isnaads, 13/146).

This excludes the shaving that the pilgrim is required to do on the 10th of Dhul-Hijjah (day of Eid). So, he can shave his head regardless of the Qurbani of Eid.

Of course, the Udhiya of Eid should not be confused with the Hady (animal sacrifice) that the pilgrim is required to offer for performing Hajj Tamattu' or Qiran.

Salam
    "Hajj Mabrur is that you return abstinent from this world desiring the Hereafter" - al-Hasan al-Basri
    http://www.mec1.org/hajj

Comment

Re: Hajj Animal Sacrifice / Qurbani and Eid Qurbani

EID Qurbani back home is not required.

Morever the right time for slaughtering Hady and Udhiya is after the Eid Al-Adha prayer until sunset of the third day of Tashriq i.e. 13 Zul Hijja. Fidya, Sadaqa, and Aqiqa can be performed as a ritual at any time of the year.

Types of Slaughtering Rituals

The right time for slaughtering Hady and Udhiya is after the Eid Al-Adha prayer until sunset of the third day of Tashriq i.e. 13 Dhul Hijja. Fidya, Sadaqa, and Aqiqa can be performed as a ritual at any time of the year. Following are the types of Slaughtering Rituals
      1. Hady
      2. Udhiya
      3. Fidya
      4. Sadaqa
      5. Aqiqa

Further details along with Fatwas are available HERE

https://guidetohajj.wordpress.com/14...ering-rituals/
      [MENTION]Hassan Gilani[/MENTION]

My favourite Hajj Guide
      https://guidetohajj.wordpress.com

Comment

Join Funadiq.com, The first ever Online Marketing Platform with an On the ground team in Makkah and Madinah. We have the largest Database of Hotels, Transportation, Catering, Telecom Sim card and related Hajj and Umrah suppliers in Makkah and Madinah. No need to travel yourself or rely on a few agents, with our Historic reviews on properties and landlords you are sure to make the best decision, Save time, Save Money & Save Efforts, Reserve now at Funadiq.com

Comment

Why not just create one thread/post instead of 'spamming'

Comment

Working...
          X