This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wisdom-17 View Post
    Also, does anyone know if the Saptco VIP service stops for salah?

I am looking at taking an 11:00 coach from Madinah which means it is scheduled to reach Makkah by 16:30 inshAllah
    They dont, I am afraid. The only stop, from Madina to Makka, is at Abyar Ali masjid which is the meeqat fro pilgrims from Madina.

Comment

Originally posted by Ismail Simjee View Post

That is not nice, Abu Abdulla. The brother is asking a legit question. If you have the answer than give it. If not, no need to respond that way..
      Don't you think VIP is too grandiose a term?

Comment

That is not nice, Abu Abdulla. The brother is asking a legit question. If you have the answer than give it. If not, no need to respond that way..
        He was just joking. Because the OP asked about a VIP coach. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Don't you think VIP is too grandiose a term?
          You are asking my thought on the designation of that particular coach service? What difference would it make? The Arabs have their own cultural influence on many aspects of life. A coach, built to carry 50 passengers is reduced in its capacity with a view to accommodate far more comfortable travel with on board service is what it is and they decide to call it VIP so be it. If you visit KSA and read all the billboards spattered along their highways you will notice more similar frivolities such as one mattress company calling its product "sleep high" !!!!

Comment

I would probably use this option. إن شاء الله¬*

But a taxi would probably fare better if there are more people. It takes around the same time.¬*

Comment

JazakAllah for the info Ismail Uncle.

Comment

You are asking my thought on the designation of that particular coach service? What difference would it make? The Arabs have their own cultural influence on many aspects of life. A coach, built to carry 50 passengers is reduced in its capacity with a view to accommodate far more comfortable travel with on board service is what it is and they decide to call it VIP so be it. If you visit KSA and read all the billboards spattered along their highways you will notice more similar frivolities such as one mattress company calling its product "sleep high" !!!!
                True Sufis wouldn't consider themselves to be VIPs.

Comment

So who cares what the sufis consider themselves to be? The subject is about Saptco's service titled VIP. What's that got to do with sufis?

Comment

So who cares what the sufis consider themselves to be? The subject is about Saptco's service titled VIP. What's that got to do with sufis?
                    It's about people who consider themselves to be 'Very Important' when they are not.

Comment

Excuse me Abu Abdulla, but I dont remember anyone giving me the right to judge anyone and neither, I am sure, do you have the right to do likewise. Pointing fingers stems from an inherent infliction of ego to say the least and also, probably, prejudice. Let's close this subject and move on remembering it is Ramadan where our attention is more deserving towards repenting and seeking Mercy, Blessing, Guidance and Forgivance.

Comment

Excuse me Abu Abdulla, but I dont remember anyone giving me the right to judge anyone and neither, I am sure, do you have the right to do likewise. Pointing fingers stems from an inherent infliction of ego to say the least and also, probably, prejudice. Let's close this subject and move on remembering it is Ramadan where our attention is more deserving towards repenting and seeking Mercy, Blessing, Guidance and Forgivance.
                        You are right, Shaykh. VIPs have no ego.

Comment

Working...
                        X