Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

    The number of sisters will be divided into small groups. Each group will be allowed to stay in the rawdah for maximum 5 minutes.

    Sisters rawdah entrance is gate 25 (northern side of the masjid an nabwi)

    Rawdah opening times for sisters;

    After fajr
    After duhur
    After isha

    #2
    Re: Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

    Originally posted by taqwa435 View Post
    The number of sisters will be divided into small groups. Each group will be allowed to stay in the rawdah for maximum 5 minutes.

    Sisters rawdah entrance is gate 25 (northern side of the masjid an nabwi)

    Rawdah opening times for sisters;

    After fajr
    After duhur
    After isha
    Thanks for this

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

      Also its recommended for sisters who want to visit the rawadah to pray salaah in the rawdah area and then remain seated until the gates open for the rawdah...the gates open around 1hr after salah rather than trying to get in after salah time.

      Sisters go through gate 25 and walk straight ahead and through the 'sisters with no children' area.

      Also no children are allowed in the rawdah

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

        Are we still going to be grouped by ethnicity?

        "Pakistan, India, Bangladesh idhur behtoh".

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

          Originally posted by Ikki View Post
          Are we still going to be grouped by ethnicity?

          "Pakistan, India, Bangladesh idhur behtoh".
          Most likely yes. Its for the best :/

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

            Originally posted by taqwa435 View Post
            Most likely yes. Its for the best :/
            How?

            Why don't they just let women go in in groups of 20 or whatever. First come first serve. The first 20 women in the line go through, then the next etc. Better still have a ticket system. Numbers 1 - 20 in. Then they get put out, numbers 21-40 etc.

            Half the confusion is when they spend hours making the groups sit by ethnicity and then they choose which one goes in first. It's just racist and the likeliest cause of the chaos that ensues.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

              Originally posted by Ikki View Post
              How?

              Why don't they just let women go in in groups of 20 or whatever. First come first serve. The first 20 women in the line go through, then the next etc. Better still have a ticket system. Numbers 1 - 20 in. Then they get put out, numbers 21-40 etc.

              Half the confusion is when they spend hours making the groups sit by ethnicity and then they choose which one goes in first. It's just racist and the likeliest cause of the chaos that ensues.

              No such thing as ticket system in saudia. In some ways the country is still very much under developed.

              The female guides don't spend hours making groups, the groups are organised for the pre seminar before entering the rawdah which is based on common languages spoken. Arabic Urdu malay and turkiya. Also, it takes the male helpers/guides around 1.5hrs to close part of the rawdah for sisters to enter.* So in that time a pre lecture is given by the religious female guides on the etiquette/manners when entering the rawadah . Its nothing personal.

              When the rawadha gates open, whichever gate number opens first, i can assure its the asian women who reach the rawadah first.

              There is nothing racist, if asian women behaved themselves and followed the proper guidelines/instructions, they wouldn't feel targeted.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

                Originally posted by taqwa435 View Post
                No such thing as ticket system in saudia. In some ways the country is still very much under developed.

                The female guides don't spend hours making groups, the groups are organised for the pre seminar before entering the rawdah which is based on common languages spoken. Arabic Urdu malay and turkiya. Also, it takes the male helpers/guides around 1.5hrs to close part of the rawdah for sisters to enter.* So in that time a pre lecture is given by the religious female guides on the etiquette/manners when entering the rawadah . Its nothing personal.

                When the rawadha gates open, whichever gate number opens first, i can assure its the asian women who reach the rawadah first.

                There is nothing racist, if asian women behaved themselves and followed the proper guidelines/instructions, they wouldn't feel targeted.
                The flaw in the plan is of course that there isn't one language that's spoken between india, pakistan and bangladesh. A Pakistani might be able to understand most of the hindi that's spoken, or and indian might understand the urdu that's spoken. But when they group the bangladeshi women in there then it sends a message to all the women that you're just being racially profiled. It's the hugest group, and then there's one woman with a microphone rattling off a prepared speech that most can't hear, and few can understand. If they were grouped by language it would actaually make sense. As it stands, it's just offensive.

                I've been a couple of times, and there is a general lack of trust on the female guides. They need to work on their people skills. I'm saying that as someone who deals with conferencing and moving hundreds of people around. It's not quantatively on the same level, but the majority of crowd control is best done in the heads of the visitors. If you visitors don't trust you, feel slighted by an illogical grouping, have to wait hours for a venue to be set up and are kept in the dark about progress, then the organisers have some work to do. That's just bad hosting.

                Treating people less like cattle would help in compliance with the rules. Being able to hear the rules would help. Being kept up to date on progress of setting up will also help.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

                  IMG_20171014_180832.jpg

                  Longer opening times alhamdulilah

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

                    no pushing(Same goes for brothers)

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

                      Originally posted by taqwa435 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]87857[/ATTACH]

                      Longer opening times alhamdulilah
                      Alhumdulillah
                      Recognizing that improvements can be made is the first step.
                      I hope along with the extended times, they have some other processes they've implemented. And the 'first' group can be rotated that once it's this region/language people, the next time a different one, etc. These broader windows of time can be divided into segments where batches/groups are allowed to go in. Etc

                      This past Ramadan, the time for women's was shortened, and sporadic (at times not even allowing women in).

                      Alhumdulillah and thanks for sharing.
                      My mom's going to be happy.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

                        Whats rawdah
                        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

                        O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

                        Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

                          Originally posted by aynina View Post
                          Whats rawdah
                          The resting place of the Prophet SAW

                          There's the Masjid-Nabawi.
                          In it, under the green domed area, is his resting place.

                          So these are timings women are allowed to go deeper in the masjid (instead of just praying) to the his resting place area.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

                            Originally posted by lazy View Post
                            The resting place of the Prophet SAW

                            There's the Masjid-Nabawi.
                            In it, under the green domed area, is his resting place.

                            So these are timings women are allowed to go deeper in the masjid (instead of just praying) to the his resting place area.
                            But woman arent allowed to visit graves?
                            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

                            O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

                            Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Rawdah new proposed plan for sisters

                              :)

                              For my part,
                              I'm going to keep the thread on-topic of going for Umrah and Hajj as this forum intends.

                              I'm sure there are other forums, perhaps on this site or on other sites, where scholars can address this question, and provide background on differing opinions and such.

                              taqwa bhai - thanks for sharing this logistical info.
                              Allah give you ajar

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X