Difference Between Hajj And Umrah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference Between Hajj And Umrah

The Hajj and the Umrah, as pilgrimages to the*Makah, are both important tokens of the pilgrim’s devotion to the faith; however, there are significant differences between the two. The Hajj is a major pilgrimage; it is one of the five pillars of Islam. Every Muslim who is physically and financially capable of carrying out the Hajj and supporting their family in their absence has a religious duty to complete it at least once in their lifetime. The pilgrimage occurs from the 8th to the 12th of Zill-Hijjah, the very last month of the Islamic calendar, and each year it creates the biggest crowd of Muslim people in the world. In comparison, the Umrah is often referred to as a minor or lesser pilgrimage this is not, of course, to say that it is insignificant. While the Umrah is not obligatory, it is extremely recommended and is a way to show solidarity with Muslims worldwide and confirm your faith. Different the Hajj, the Umrah can be completed at any time.

Both the Hajj and the Umrah share some aspects. For mutually, you will enter the state of Ihraam ahead of you reach the Makah. This sacred state requires cleansing rituals, prescribed attire and declaring the intention to perform a pilgrimage. You will also be required to abstain from certain things that you may be used to do, such as the use of fragrant soap and deodorants, or the wearing of makeup. The rituals of the Umrah form the first stage of the Hajj. There are two ways of doing this. You may go into the state of Ihraam with the intention of performing Umrah only, leaving Ihraam after the completion of the Umrah before entering the state of Ihraam again to complete the Hajj this is called Hajj Tamattu. Otherwise, you may enter the state of Ihraam with the intention of completing both the Umrah and the Hajj, carrying out both in a single state of Ihraam. This is called Hajj Qiraan. You can take cheap Umrah package London Services.

The rituals of the Umrah are symbolic of the lives of Ibrahim (R.A) Tawaf: Circling the Kaaba seven times in an anti-clockwise way. Men are encouraged to do this three times at a hurried pace, then four times more slowly and closer, however the number of pilgrims may affect your pace. Sai: Seven runs between the hills of Safa and Marwah; this is a re-enactment of Hagar’s search for water in the desert. Be aware that this is a fair distance in a hot situation, it is wise to arrange for your Umrah or Hajj by walking for at least 30 minutes a day before you go. Halq or Taqsir: A cutting of the hair. This may be a complete shave (halq) or a partial shortening (taqsir). Although it is not part of the ritual, many pilgrims also drink water from the Well of Zamzam.

With these rituals the Umrah is absolute, and if you are performing only Umrah or Hajj Tamattu you may leave Ihraam. If you are conducting Hajj Qiraan you will go straight on to the other rituals of the Hajj. A full day is spent in Mina present prayers, and the next morning you will leave for Arafat. There pilgrims stand in thoughtful vigil, offer supplications and repent and atone for past sins. This is known as wuquf and is one of the most significant rites of Hajj your Hajj is considered invalid if you do not spend the afternoon on Arafat.

After sunset, pilgrims leave Arafat for Muzdalifah and there perform Maghrib and Isha prayers. There you spend the night praying and sleeping on the ground with open sky, and gather pebbles for the next day’s rite. Unwell or elderly pilgrims are permitted to leave for Mina after midnight. Returning to Mina, pilgrims perform a representational stoning, Ramy al-Jamarat, casting seven stones each of the three pillars. Be aware that some pilgrims may be less able to throw their stones, and present your support to help them complete their Hajj. After the casting of stones, an animal sacrifice is required a Qurbani. You can undertake Hajj or Umrah by having cheap Umrah packages London services 2015.

On the day of Eid al Adha, hair is cut or bald, and on the same or the next day another Tawaf is performed Tawaf al-Ifadah, which symbolizes being in a rush to react to Allah Almighty and show love for Him, and the night of the 10th is spent back at Mina. On the 11th and the 12th, the stoning of the Jamarat takes place again, and pilgrims must depart for the Makkah before sunset on the 12th. Lastly, before leaving the Makah, you will do a farewell Tawaf called the Tawaf al-Wida.

Re: Difference Between Hajj And Umrah

Originally posted by Saira Jutt View Post
    The Hajj and the Umrah, as pilgrimages to the*Makah, are both important tokens of the pilgrim’s devotion to the faith; however, there are significant differences between the two. The Hajj is a major pilgrimage; it is one of the five pillars of Islam. Every Muslim who is physically and financially capable of carrying out the Hajj and supporting their family in their absence has a religious duty to complete it at least once in their lifetime. The pilgrimage occurs from the 8th to the 12th of Zill-Hijjah, the very last month of the Islamic calendar, and each year it creates the biggest crowd of Muslim people in the world. In comparison, the Umrah is often referred to as a minor or lesser pilgrimage this is not, of course, to say that it is insignificant. While the Umrah is not obligatory, it is extremely recommended and is a way to show solidarity with Muslims worldwide and confirm your faith. Different the Hajj, the Umrah can be completed at any time.

Both the Hajj and the Umrah share some aspects. For mutually, you will enter the state of Ihraam ahead of you reach the Makah. This sacred state requires cleansing rituals, prescribed attire and declaring the intention to perform a pilgrimage. You will also be required to abstain from certain things that you may be used to do, such as the use of fragrant soap and deodorants, or the wearing of makeup. The rituals of the Umrah form the first stage of the Hajj. There are two ways of doing this. You may go into the state of Ihraam with the intention of performing Umrah only, leaving Ihraam after the completion of the Umrah before entering the state of Ihraam again to complete the Hajj this is called Hajj Tamattu. Otherwise, you may enter the state of Ihraam with the intention of completing both the Umrah and the Hajj, carrying out both in a single state of Ihraam. This is called Hajj Qiraan. You can take cheap Umrah package London Services.

The rituals of the Umrah are symbolic of the lives of Ibrahim (R.A) Tawaf: Circling the Kaaba seven times in an anti-clockwise way. Men are encouraged to do this three times at a hurried pace, then four times more slowly and closer, however the number of pilgrims may affect your pace. Sai: Seven runs between the hills of Safa and Marwah; this is a re-enactment of Hagar’s search for water in the desert. Be aware that this is a fair distance in a hot situation, it is wise to arrange for your Umrah or Hajj by walking for at least 30 minutes a day before you go. Halq or Taqsir: A cutting of the hair. This may be a complete shave (halq) or a partial shortening (taqsir). Although it is not part of the ritual, many pilgrims also drink water from the Well of Zamzam.

With these rituals the Umrah is absolute, and if you are performing only Umrah or Hajj Tamattu you may leave Ihraam. If you are conducting Hajj Qiraan you will go straight on to the other rituals of the Hajj. A full day is spent in Mina present prayers, and the next morning you will leave for Arafat. There pilgrims stand in thoughtful vigil, offer supplications and repent and atone for past sins. This is known as wuquf and is one of the most significant rites of Hajj your Hajj is considered invalid if you do not spend the afternoon on Arafat.

After sunset, pilgrims leave Arafat for Muzdalifah and there perform Maghrib and Isha prayers. There you spend the night praying and sleeping on the ground with open sky, and gather pebbles for the next day’s rite. Unwell or elderly pilgrims are permitted to leave for Mina after midnight. Returning to Mina, pilgrims perform a representational stoning, Ramy al-Jamarat, casting seven stones each of the three pillars. Be aware that some pilgrims may be less able to throw their stones, and present your support to help them complete their Hajj. After the casting of stones, an animal sacrifice is required a Qurbani. You can undertake Hajj or Umrah by having cheap Umrah packages London services 2015.

On the day of Eid al Adha, hair is cut or bald, and on the same or the next day another Tawaf is performed Tawaf al-Ifadah, which symbolizes being in a rush to react to Allah Almighty and show love for Him, and the night of the 10th is spent back at Mina. On the 11th and the 12th, the stoning of the Jamarat takes place again, and pilgrims must depart for the Makkah before sunset on the 12th. Lastly, before leaving the Makah, you will do a farewell Tawaf called the Tawaf al-Wida.
    Pretty neat tactic to marketing packages.

Comment

Both are Islamic pilgrims, the main difference is due to the level of importance and method of observance.
      Hajj is obligatory for every Muslim once in their lifetime, provided they are physically fit and financially capable.
      Hajj is performed in designated Islamic month. However, Umrah can be performed at any time.
      Hajj is one of the five pillars of the Islam.
      Both seem similar in the start. Umrah can be performed in less than a few hours while Hajj is more detailed, involves more rituals.

Comment

As-salamu Alaykum,

First of all, I have never been in Mekka. Please, could anybody tell me is it possible to perform Um-rah during transit trough Saudi Araby in one day or it will be take longer time. Since it will take time traveling from Judah to Mecca. However, how long time I should plan to perform Umrah, if is not possible to perform during one day. As I said, I have plan to be in transit.

After that, is visa necessary to have if I am in transit, or want to stay in Mekka one day or minimum days to perform Umrah.

Then, since I plan to go at beginning of August 16, will be it possible to perform in that time, since I heard that in that time it will be started preparation for Hajj.

At the last, I want to know how much does it cost without expenditure for flight, only expenditure for transport from Juddah to Mekka, and expenditure in Mekka during performance of Umrah.

Any kind of information it will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

All the best.

Dzevad

Comment

Originally posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
          Pretty neat tactic to marketing packages.
          same join date, rep power, as dr amin and the other guy. heh.
          لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Comment

Originally posted by Aloo View Post
            same join date, rep power, as dr amin and the other guy. heh.
            Assalam Alejkum and Greetings of day.

Excuse me, but I do not understand this message. Please could you write more detailed regarding questions in above my message. For me is very important to know can I perform Umrah in transit without visa and without any permit by government department of Saudi Araby. Because, I if is it possible to do that in August 16 due to preparation for Hajj, I will will plan to perform Umrah inshalah at beginning of August and I will buy fly ticket in according that.

Any information regarding this it will be appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
            All the best.
            Dzevad

Comment

Umrah and Hajj are two types of pilgrimages that Muslims undertake as a token of their faith.
              Although both umrah and hajj are pilgrimages, there are many Difference between Hajj and Umrah the two. For instance, an umrah is considered as a small or minor pilgrimage while a hajj is a major pilgrimage among Muslims.
              The natures of both pilgrimages are also different. An umrah is a recommended and non-compulsory pilgrimage, but a hajj is an obligatory one. There are also more requirements and qualifications for a pilgrim in conducting a hajj.

Comment

Working...
              X