This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regulations on umra visit

So last year Saudi started charging a fee if you went for a 2nd Umrah (or more) in one (Hijrih) year, it was SR 2000, correct?

Is this rule still in place or did they decide to rescind it for this new year about to start (w/Muharram)?
    If staying, is it still SR 2000 or going to increase? (unoffficially unverified just us 'uncles talking' someone mentioned that the fee may increase this year - NOTE - this is less valid than a rumour; I'm merely sharing here to ask if there's any such news on the grapevine about this as I plan on going in Ramadhan Inshallah and possibly in Rabi-ul-Awwal (2x).)

Last year I did pay the SR 2000 for the trip in Ramadan as it was my 2nd.
    Thanks in advance

p.s. if the sticky is not the right thread, please let me know and I'll gladly move it to a new thread.

Comment

The sticky is'mt the right thread.

Last year's rule is here to stay. All first timers, this year, will go free of visa charges but pay SR2,000 on their subsequent trip within the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
        The sticky is'mt the right thread.

Last year's rule is here to stay. All first timers, this year, will go free of visa charges but pay SR2,000 on their subsequent trip within the season.
        I did umrah last year end of Nov. It means if i go this year in December or Jan 2018 then i do not need to pay any fee??? Is it correct?
        :lailah:

Comment

New Rule on Umra Visitors being introduced this year is on internal transfers.

Nothing has been mentioned about the charges but pilgrims will have to travel on government supplied coaches, same as they do for Hajj, from Jeddah to Makkah or Madinah and vise versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
            New Rule on Umra Visitors being introduced this year is on internal transfers.

Nothing has been mentioned about the charges but pilgrims will have to travel on government supplied coaches, same as they do for Hajj, from Jeddah to Makkah or Madinah and vise versa.
            Is that for all passengers or group's of 35 & over only?
            http://www.sabeeltravels.co.uk/

Comment

As always, thanks for sharing the latest rules and regulations as you come across them.
              When you find out more details, please do share as well.

In addition to Abu Eesa's question, I'm curious if this to/from JED only or even between the Holy cities?
              In the past few years, they opened up rules to allow Umrah visitors to go to other cities beyond just JED, MED, Makkah (to promote tourism industry in the economy I presume). So how does that now work?

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post
                As always, thanks for sharing the latest rules and regulations as you come across them.
                When you find out more details, please do share as well.

In addition to Abu Eesa's question, I'm curious if this to/from JED only or even between the Holy cities?
                In the past few years, they opened up rules to allow Umrah visitors to go to other cities beyond just JED, MED, Makkah (to promote tourism industry in the economy I presume). So how does that now work?

Their quest for tourism, which would allow performing umra for muslims, is separate from umra visits. Visits to historical sites, outside of Makkah and Madinah, is still not permitted formally although they are not rigorously implementing that prohibition.

New rules are still evolving whilst the earlier ones are still clouded and difficult to actually interpret.

One circular, issued yesterday, states that another 15% increase will be applied from the month of Rajab.

AND ONLY ALLAH KNOWS BEST.

Comment

Working...
                X