Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling with my pregnant wife for umrah

Asalamu Alaikum Brothers n Sisters,

On Feb 14th Insha Allah we are going for Umrah from dubai. My wife is 7 months pregnant. It is said that men should walk with fast short steps for the first 3 rounds of tawaf, how can my wife cope up with that ? Does carry on at her own pace or should i adjust to her pace? I have the same question for jogging between the green lights during sa'yi.

Please help. Jazakallah

Re: Travelling with my pregnant wife for umrah

The men in my family would speed up for the fast bits in Tawaaf and Sai - and then walk slowly (hold back) so that the women could catch up to them.
    https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Re: Travelling with my pregnant wife for umrah

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
      The men in my family would speed up for the fast bits in Tawaaf and Sai - and then walk slowly (hold back) so that the women could catch up to them.
      Doing the Ramal of the first 3 rounds is sunnah and is not compulsory neither would it invalidate your tawaf if you are not doing it as per recommendations. Circumstances, in the mataf, more or less determines whether the Ramal is possible.
      Given the narrowing down of the mataf and overcrowding because tawaf cannot be done on the 1st floor and roof, the Ramal is not always possible. In addition, as you state that the sister is physically unable to keep pace -and sisters were never expected to keep pace anyway - it is wise for you to just act out the motions of the Ramal but not increase the pace of your walk. Your wife will be with you InshaAllah if you follow this suggestion.
      Same applied for the SAI.

Comment

Working...
      X