Fast food around Haram

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast food around Haram

Are there any good fast food restaurants like McDonalds, KFC etc around Haram? Whats a good place for affordable Pakistani food ? :D Gotta have my chicken biryani....

Also, is it allowed to wear slippers when doing Umrah? And between Safa, Marwa?

Re: Fast food around Haram

ASA. There is a KFC (near the Hilton entrance) and Burger King near the Haram in Makkah and a Hardees, I believe, near the Haram in Madinah. There is a food court on the 2nd floor in the building near Hilton in Makkah - that is where BK is or used to be. There are a lot of other eating places as well in both Makkah and Madinah. There are some local chains as well which have good food. You would find a whole lot of Pakistani restaurants as well.

You cannot wear the regular slippers while doing Umrah or Sa'ee. I have seen people wear very thin leather boots/socks. I, however, do not wear slippers suring Tawaf or Sa'ee.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by 786smb; 05-01-13, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Fasialbad restaurant in the food court - 4th floor. al barj mall

very nice pak foood.

Comment

Does anyone know what the food prices these days. I used to pay around 5-6 riyals for a a dish in Pakistani restaurants

Comment

Originally posted by kbutt001 View Post
          Does anyone know what the food prices these days. I used to pay around 5-6 riyals for a a dish in Pakistani restaurants
          "used to" is the pivotal word. No longer, I am afraid.

Going to the only accessible Pakistani joint near the haram in Makka (Faisalabad in the abraj bait pointed by taqwa) a dal roti will put you back by around SR10.

Comment

Ok thanks for this information. I thought it might have increased. When I said "used to be" I should have said back in June 2009.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rehanknaqvi View Post
              Are there any good fast food restaurants like McDonalds, KFC etc around Haram? Whats a good place for affordable Pakistani food ? :D Gotta have my chicken biryani....

Also, is it allowed to wear slippers when doing Umrah? And between Safa, Marwa?
              Why would you want to eat at McDonalds/KFC? :/

Comment

Maybe because Durian is not available perhaps? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by geeksupremo View Post
                  Why would you want to eat at McDonalds/KFC? :/
                  I have never in my life had halal McDonalds or a KFC burger and I've been wanting to try it all these years. iA will do when I'm in Makkah. Really looking forward to it. lol

Comment

Originally posted by rehanknaqvi View Post
                    I have never in my life had halal McDonalds or a KFC burger and I've been wanting to try it all these years. iA will do when I'm in Makkah. Really looking forward to it. lol
                    Kfc smell makes me feel sick. especially the one outside next to hilton mall. oh my days...walking past it in the heat...it put me off eating KFC for life. Omg. i can smell it right now.

P.s its high in salt

Comment

Originally posted by taqwa435 View Post
                      Kfc smell makes me feel sick. especially the one outside next to hilton mall. oh my days...walking past it in the heat...it put me off eating KFC for life. Omg. i can smell it right now.

P.s its high in salt
                      Actually I live close to a KFC in Pakistan so will most probably make McDonalds my hangout for as long as I'm there. :) I tried some local food the last time I was there and it wasn't that good. Didn't have any taste. There was a small pakistani restaurant right across Haram back when I was there in 2004. Faint memory of walking through a small bazaar. Had a nice meal there will visit it again insha Allah. And will definitely visit that Faisalabad restaurant. So excited about my Umrah trip. Plan on sleeping as little as I can and spending as much time as I can looking at Kaaba and praying :)

Comment

Originally posted by taqwa435 View Post
                        Fasialbad restaurant in the food court - 4th floor. al barj mall

very nice pak foood.
                        Yes, I second that. This has become the favourite restaurant of me and my husband. Never mind that it is thousands of miles away.

also, the KFC in Makkah and madina is terrible. Not at all like it should be. Their burgers are dry, the hardees next door is better. There is also a Pizza hut there, but they only have two options of pizza, again not at all like the proper one.

The italian food stand it better. I think its called Meleos or something. Lovely fresh pasta.

Ahh, brings back memories... I actually put on 5 kg during hajj, I'm still trying to work it off.

Comment

Its been a while since I've had some good nihari. What restaurant would you suggest for best nihari like they have in Pakistan? (In Makkah and/or Medinah)

Comment

you are not visiting Pakistan. Besides, us now domiciled in the western countries, have transformed our stomach lining from what it used to be made of - steel - and into silk. So, being in Makkah/Madinah for worship is not compatable with a silk lined stomach and the consumption of NIHARI....:vomit:

Comment

I think you are right...no Pakistani stuff.
                              Instead I will eat all Saudi food that I've been missing a lot since my last visit there.

Last time I stayed there was in '86 when I was 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X