Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umrah 2013

Asalam o alaikum

I am sorry if this question has been asked before, but please can someone just tell me when umrah 2013 visas will be issued ? and when we can start booking our packages with agency ?

I am getting married in Makkah inshaAllah (yes I feel the need to share as I AM SO EXCITED :)) and just need to sort some things out, especially time off work :(

This year I went for 10 days so 7 days of work was easy, but booking 2 weeks for next year, well I need to tell them in good advance !

JazakAllah Khair

Sis

Re: Umrah 2013

InshaAllah I expect the umra mofa system to start by the end of December this year for next umra season. If so, mutamirs should be able to leave UK for umra by 7 January 2013.

Comment

Mash Allah nice posting. Jazak Allah Khaire Brother Ismail.
      Hajj and Umrah Travel /

Comment

Assalamu alaikum,

MashAllah. May Allah swt put barakah into your marriage inshaAllah.

I also have a question in connection with umrah 2013. Are there restrictions on the age of an accompanying mahram? My mother wishes to go for umrah next year however only my younger brother can accompany her. He will be 17 by then. Will he be allowed to be her mahram?

JazakAllah khair.

Comment

Minimum age, for a mehrim, is 19.

Comment

Have heard today that there is going to be no visas issued for next umrah season 2013, only allowing visas for ramadaan 2013. Maybe brother Ismail could shed some light on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sisterinislam View Post
              Have heard today that there is going to be no visas issued for next umrah season 2013, only allowing visas for ramadaan 2013. Maybe brother Ismail could shed some light on this.

I hear this kind of rumour all the time. One of these days one such rumour may well be realised. I hope not though.

To shut out umra in totality barring Ramadan is not a viable proposal as the hoteliers would go ballistic and almost all the top hotels belongs to the Royal family. They wont have that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
                Minimum age, for a mehrim, is 19.
                Oh my God really?? Is this also the same for Hajj as I intend to go with my nephew who is 17-18.
                Alhumdulillah

Comment

This minimum age of 19 or over is a requirement by the consulate in London and was enforced for the umra season just ended.

I have raised this issue with the consul a few times already and his answer was that he could apply a 21year age limit. So the agents do not push the matter.

However, I personally feel that an 18 year old is capable to discharge the responsibility of an adult when required and is fit to be a mehrim to women related to him and accompanying him.

InshaAllah, I will raise it again when I meet him sometime this week.

However, a 17 year old or under 18 cannot be a mehrim.

Comment

This minimum age of 19 or over is a requirement by the consulate in London and was enforced for the umra season just ended.

I have raised this issue with the consul a few times already and his answer was that he could apply a 21year age limit. So the agents do not push the matter.

However, I personally feel that an 18 year old is capable to discharge the responsibility of an adult when required and is fit to be a mehrim to women related to him and accompanying him.

InshaAllah, I will raise it again when I meet him sometime this week.

However, a 17 year old or under 18 cannot be a mehrim.
                    Are you absolutely sure about this? Please can you provide a link to this information I can't find it anywhere. Shouldn't this sort of info be available freely if it's so important? I'm really worried now.
                    Alhumdulillah

Comment

Originally posted by islam lover View Post
                      Are you absolutely sure about this? Please can you provide a link to this information I can't find it anywhere. Shouldn't this sort of info be available freely if it's so important? I'm really worried now.
                      There is no information available on any of the MoH or MoFA websites nor on the Saudi Embassy websites.

I have given you the information based on my personal experience in dealing with the consulate on weekly regular basis. Its upto you to accept it as an authentic info. You may phone other users such as Gulf Travels, Henrique Street E1 or Travel Express or Nabil if you wish.

Alternatively you can check with the consulate yourself if you wish. The phone number is 020 7917 3000.
                      Last edited by Ismail Simjee; 06-08-12, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I believe KSA will make exception for women over 45yrs who wished to perform Umrah or Hajj travelling is groups without mehrim. When I performed Umrah in 2010, I was travelling in groups and I was requested for help to be mehrim for 2 sisters. So, I was natural mehrim for my mother and wife plus 2 others that I have no relations to.

Correct me if this is not the case for Hajj. I only had that one time experience and it was doing Umrah not really sure if during Hajj it will be allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Zulkifli View Post
                          I believe KSA will make exception for women over 45yrs who wished to perform Umrah or Hajj travelling is groups without mehrim. When I performed Umrah in 2010, I was travelling in groups and I was requested for help to be mehrim for 2 sisters. So, I was natural mehrim for my mother and wife plus 2 others that I have no relations to.

Correct me if this is not the case for Hajj. I only had that one time experience and it was doing Umrah not really sure if during Hajj it will be allowed.
                          Women, over 45, are permitted to travel without a mehrim subject to approval in writing from their nearest blood relatives by the Saudi MoFA. Hence, the consulate will issue visa for umra or haj in this respect.

This is not to say that a woman can travel alone for umra or haj no matter what age and on whose authority or approval. It is not permitted under the Islamic jurisprudence.

If such women do travel, with a group, than the group leader is assumed to take responsibility for them as "un-official" mehrim.

You, taking the role of a mehrim, as you say, for the two women are fortunate that no untoward incident occured such as injury, hospitalisation, gone missing or death. Had that happened you would have found yourself in a lot of deep trouble as indeed any group leader would taking such responsibility

Comment

Women, over 45, are permitted to travel without a mehrim subject to approval in writing from their nearest blood relatives by the Saudi MoFA. Hence, the consulate will issue visa for umra or haj in this respect.

This is not to say that a woman can travel alone for umra or haj no matter what age and on whose authority or approval. It is not permitted under the Islamic jurisprudence.

If such women do travel, with a group, than the group leader is assumed to take responsibility for them as "un-official" mehrim.

You, taking the role of a mehrim, as you say, for the two women are fortunate that no untoward incident occured such as injury, hospitalisation, gone missing or death. Had that happened you would have found yourself in a lot of deep trouble as indeed any group leader would taking such responsibility
                            I believe you accurately cover this, Brother Ismail.. the travel agent that had asked my permission did brief me a little bit about what the responsibility I am putting myself in. It was a very last minute thing that was asked of me to do when we were already at the airport.

At that time my thoughts were about being an enable for person or persons who wished to perform a noble deed, anyhow one of the sister got lost im Makkah and the older sister was worried so I had to perform my duty and gone back into Masjidil Haram look for her younger sister, it all ended well.

On hindsight, I don't know if I will do this again, but I think I would.

Comment

I'm under 40.
                              So does this mean I should stop thinking about hajj this year?
                              Alhumdulillah

Comment

Working...
                              X