Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxi from jeddah airport??

Salam all,

Just need a bit of advice with regards to getting a private taxi from Jeddah aiport to the haram...

I have heard from a few people that apparently saudi airport staff take your passports off you and hand it to the government taxi drivers outside the airport there so that they can charge more money than the private taxis do?...I am travelling with British airways just before ramadan so is there any way out of this as I would like to arrange my own taxi??How true is what i've heard as a few people have mentioned it to me??

Help would be appreciated.

Jazakallah

Re: Taxi from jeddah airport??

The agent who had arranged your visa can also fix your transfer for you.

The umra company rep, if they are not informed in advance, will hand you to a taxi which will charge you considerably more. Hence, your visa agent, if he is professional, would take care of the information issue in advance of your travel.

There are lots of people who will tout for your custom inside the arrival hall. I would be very wary of accepting their service unless he is of Pakistani/Indian origin. You are better off getting a proper licensed taxi in the taxi stand outside which will cost more but absolutely safe to travel in. Better be careful, pay more and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid12345 View Post
      Salam all,

Just need a bit of advice with regards to getting a private taxi from Jeddah aiport to the haram...

I have heard from a few people that apparently saudi airport staff take your passports off you and hand it to the government taxi drivers outside the airport there so that they can charge more money than the private taxis do?...I am travelling with British airways just before ramadan so is there any way out of this as I would like to arrange my own taxi??How true is what i've heard as a few people have mentioned it to me??

Help would be appreciated.

Jazakallah
      Originally posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
      The agent who had arranged your visa can also fix your transfer for you.

The umra company rep, if they are not informed in advance, will hand you to a taxi which will charge you considerably more. Hence, your visa agent, if he is professional, would take care of the information issue in advance of your travel.

There are lots of people who will tout for your custom inside the arrival hall. I would be very wary of accepting their service unless he is of Pakistani/Indian origin. You are better off getting a proper licensed taxi in the taxi stand outside which will cost more but absolutely safe to travel in. Better be careful, pay more and be safe.
      salam, I am travelling with BA as well on the 9th and I have the same question. Another thing i was wondering is that i saw somewhere in this forum that passengers travelling with BA get processed at North terminal and not at hajj terminal, i hope that is the case.

Mr Simjee, how much do reckon the official taxi's would charge from jeddah to makkah and will I have to pay my travel agent here or do i pay the driver in jeddah?

Comment

Jazakallah for the very useful info...

Just out of curiosity though, if my travel agent decides not to sort out the transport for me, does this mean I will have to hand my passports over to the umrah company rep?...or should I not hand over my passports in any circumstance to any touters??

Also, how does it work if my agent does decide to notify them of my travel?...does this mean they will lay on a taxi for me and how will I know which taxi is mine?
        Last edited by Sid12345; 04-07-12, 08:57 AM. Reason: adding extra paragraph

Comment

i remember when we got to jeddah airport they asked my dad for the pass ports after security and luggage. i was too young, but can't remember what that was for tbh. but it was ok, cause we were with a group and travel was arranged. but we have heard, that you do need to be careful though when some random person asks to see your passport
          DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammad121 View Post
            salam, I am travelling with BA as well on the 9th and I have the same question. Another thing i was wondering is that i saw somewhere in this forum that passengers travelling with BA get processed at North terminal and not at hajj terminal, i hope that is the case.

Mr Simjee, how much do reckon the official taxi's would charge from jeddah to makkah and will I have to pay my travel agent here or do i pay the driver in jeddah?
            Your agent will take the money here if he is arranging your taxi.

From North/Saudi terminal, a taxi during ramadan will cost between SR180 to SR200 from the official stand. From haj terminal it may be significantly more.

BA/BMI flights will disembark their pax at north terminal.

Comment

Just out of curiosity though, if my travel agent decides not to sort out the transport for me, does this mean I will have to hand my passports over to the umrah company rep?...or should I not hand over my passports in any circumstance to any touters and do a private taxi outside?

I am also travelling with BA...What is the difference between the north terminal and Hajj terminal?...I thought all flights go to the north terminal unless it is hajj time??

Comment

Originally posted by Sid12345 View Post
                Just out of curiosity though, if my travel agent decides not to sort out the transport for me, does this mean I will have to hand my passports over to the umrah company rep?...or should I not hand over my passports in any circumstance to any touters and do a private taxi outside?

I am also travelling with BA...What is the difference between the north terminal and Hajj terminal?...I thought all flights go to the north terminal unless it is hajj time??
                salam, i have read some post and asked some question about this..basically people travelling for umrah also get processed at hajj terminal, its called Hajj and umrah terminal... jeddah (king abdul aziz airport) has three terminal..

south- saudi and domestic flights
                north- international flights
                hajj terminal - for umrah and hajj passengers..

most people travelling with umrah visa are taken to hajj terminal, where they get processed and people travelling on tourist, visit, business visa are taken to the north terminal. As mr simjee has just said people travelling with BMI/BA on umrah visa, get processed at north termianl

Comment

Your agent will take the money here if he is arranging your taxi.

From North/Saudi terminal, a taxi during ramadan will cost between SR180 to SR200 from the official stand. From haj terminal it may be significantly more.

BA/BMI flights will disembark their pax at north terminal.
                  such a relief, no hajj terminal.iA

Comment

You will be COMPELLED to hand over your passport to the officers of the TAHSEEL as you emerge out of custom hall into the arrival lounge. You have no choice.
                    They will complete their process and hand your passport to the rep of the umra company responsible for your visa. Ask your agent the name of that company.
                    The umra co's agent will then sort out your transport and hand the passport to the driver of your taxi. You have no choice again.
                    The taxi driver will hand the passport to you once you reach Makka.
                    ALL mutamireens are off loaded at Haj terminal during Ramadan.

Comment

Jazakallah to both Ismail and Mohammed bhai..it's all starting to make a lot more sense now...How much MORE do the taxi drivers that your passports are given to charge compared to a taxi that was pre arrranged through the travel agent?

Comment

its a yo yo game. SR150 is the bottom scale for a car taking 4 pax to SR200 be that be the one arranged by your agent or not.

Comment

its a yo yo game. SR150 is the bottom scale for a car taking 4 pax to SR200 be that be the one arranged by your agent or not.
                          150 riyal is good but as you said that BA passengers go to n terminal, cant the mandoob hand me over to my family at north terminal, as they are allowed there

Comment

Yes as brother Ismail has said, if we are going through N terminal, does the ruling still apply where the rep of the umra company takes our passports and hands it to the taxi driver or do we find out own taxi on North terminal?

Comment

Working...
                            X