Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best way to get from Jeddah airport to Mecca

ASAK,

What is the best way to get from Jeddah airport to Mecca? Are there any SAPTCO buses or should we take a taxi from the aiport? Also is a taxi safe to take from the airport?

Thanks!

Re: best way to get from Jeddah airport to Mecca

the best way to get to Makkah form Jeddah Airport is by Taxi, you wont find Saptco buses and its rare for someone to go via bus the norm is by car or GMC(7seater) if ther are more thean 4 passengers, and yess the taxis are safe the only thing is agreeing the price, bcoz they try it on at first, the usual fare they accept at the end is 150 riyals but you cud be looking at 200 riyals, do not worry about safety ther, i felt the same when i went first time... Insha-Allah evrything will be o.k, the whole journey for Umrah or haj is a experience, once youve been then the next time will be much easy.. may Allah s.w.t make your journey easy and safe..ameen insha-Allah i too am flying out on the 29th March make dua Allah s,w,t makes my journey easy..
    :jkk:

Comment

No SAPTCO coaches, best way is by car or GMC if you have over 4 passengers, dont worry everything very safe, the only thing not safe is the price :) ,
      the taxi driver shud settle for 150 Riyals after your haggling, or a maximum of 200 Riyals from Jeddah airport to Makkah Hotel,, may Allah s.w.t make your journey easy and safe...ameeen

Comment

The above quote, by SOS, valid only if your Umra company (the name is on your umra visa) allows you to seek your own transfer and, in which case, you wont get a GMC but any other cars starting from SR150 to SR280.

If it is a car by your umra company, arranged through your travel agent, it can be anything from SR200 upwards.

Comment

Dear brother Ismael, my family and I will be traveling for Umrah in the first week of June. It will be a transit visa so we are planning to go first to Madina for a day and then to Makkah for Umrah. What kind of taxis are available from Jeddah airport to Madina (for a family of six)? how much they charge? what kind of drivers one should look for? is the Jeddah-Madina highway safe for afternoon travels (I asume so)? Will appreciate your adivce.

Comment

Asalamulaykum brother / sisters

Im going Umrah in November inshallah, I havnt booked transport yet, many people are telling me to just get a taxi from the airport. Can you suggest the best approach to get from Jeddah to Mecca? and prices , jazakallah.

Comment

Originally posted by budgy View Post

Im going Umrah in November inshallah, I havnt booked transport yet, many people are telling me to just get a taxi from the airport. Can you suggest the best approach to get from Jeddah to Mecca? and prices , jazakallah.
              Wa-Alaikum Salaam

Taxi would be best and should take about an hour. You can arrange before hand or just get one at airport when you land.

Comment

Umrah in november? Are you confident the visas will be open? Right now, agents are advising to book from early december iA

Comment

Best to book your initial transport jeddah -makkah with your agent. It will save you headache. All other ground transport you can arrange yourself as it'll be cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by taqwa435 View Post
                    Umrah in november? Are you confident the visas will be open? Right now, agents are advising to book from early december iA
                    In'sha'Allah last 2 week's of November most likely visa would be available.
                    http://www.sabeeltravels.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                    X