Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being Processed at the Haj Terminal for Umrah ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Processed at the Haj Terminal for Umrah ?

As-salaam-o-laikum wa-rahmathullah wa-barakatahu
    This is my first time on the Forum, previously have been visiting and reading replies which i have found very helpfull may Allah s.w.t reward the Brothers & Sisters for there efforts...ameen
    Insha-Allah i will be traveling to Umrah on the 29th March 2012 from Birmingham on Lufthansa airlines £460 Return, i have yet to book the accomodation, I have heard that all Umrah visitors are processed throuh haj terminal, can someone explain the process... i.e does the plane land at North terminal and only non Umra passengers come off and then the plane taxis towards haj Terminal or does everyone disembark and are shuttled to haj terminal? and what happens when you RETURN do you goto the NORTH TERMINAL or HAJ Terminal ? and 1 more question if my travel agent does not include Jeddah-Makkah travel what Fare do the official taxis charge outside Haj terminal? usually its 150SR? also i have booked internal flight Madinah-Jeddah on my Return, will that mean that the internal flight will drop me at South terminal and instead of me getting a taxi for North Terminal i have to goto Haj Terminal or on return its direct to North Terminal
    Last edited by SOS; 28-01-12, 06:39 PM.

Re: Being Processed at the Haj Terminal for Umrah ?

Walikum slam
    All Umrah passengers only will go to hajj terminal, all passengers disembark off the aircraft at the same place, but the Umrah passengers will be shuttle to the Hajj terminal and the other passenger to the International Terminal, your immigration and customs checks will be done as in every other airports. Yes Sr 150 for a taxi from Jed to Makkah is reasonable, but you may be charge more.Umrah Tour operator or rep cannot pick you up from the Hajj terminal.
    On the return your Local saudia flight will go to the Saudia Terminal and you will need to take a Taxi to The international terminal, not the Hajj Terminal.Pray that helped, and you understood .May Our Creator Accept your Umrah. Ameen, plz remeber the Ummah in your duas.
    Last edited by emerald_green; 28-01-12, 10:53 PM.

Comment

How many terminals are there? Saudia, Hajj, International, South, North??? All getting a bit complicated. I have a similar situation to you SOS. Looks like we need to get in contact with our airlines, because none of this makes sense and is certainly not mentioned in the airline carriage conditions relating to umrah passengers.

Comment

Originally posted by bigupajc View Post
        How many terminals are there? Saudia, Hajj, International, South, North??? All getting a bit complicated. I have a similar situation to you SOS. Looks like we need to get in contact with our airlines, because none of this makes sense and is certainly not mentioned in the airline carriage conditions relating to umrah passengers.
        ASA. The South terminal is also known as the Saudia terminal as Saudia is the predominant airline there. Likewise, the North terminal is also known as the international terminal as it is predominantly used by international airlines. The Hajj terminal is a separate area or terminal.

I travelled by Lufthansa last year for Umrah. When we reached Jeddah, they took us to the North terminal even though my travel agent had told me that we would be taken to the Hajj terminal. Likewise, I was advised by my travel agent that I would have to return via the Hajj terminal. However, I called Lufthansa twice before I left for the airport inquiring as to which terminal I should report to and both times I was advised to check in at the North terminal. It is possible that Lufthansa may have made some arrangements with the Saudi authorities for last year - I do not know. They may or may not have made the same arrangements this year. Expect that you will land at the Hajj terminal and that you will have to return from the Hajj terminal. If they take you to the North terminal after you land in Jeddah, ALHUMDOLILLAH. Otherwise, you work your way through the Hajj terminal. Liewise, on the return, call the Lufthansa office in Jeddah a day or two before departure and then again on the day of the departure to confirm. If they say go to the Hajj terminal, you go there. If they say go to the North Terminal, ALHUMDOLILLAH.

Hope that helps.

JAK.

Comment

JAzak-Allah for your reply and May Allah s.w.t reward you and others who try ther best to give good advice ameen, i have been a few times Umrah its just seems abit confusing about the haj terminal, another thing confusing is the luggage, will all the luggage be going around on the belts in International terminal while we are at Haj terminal and then after hours will come to the haj terminal OR does it get seperated from uk into umrah conatiner ? so it goes direct to haj terminal ? as my flight is Birmingham-Frankfurt-Jeddah, .... well i have to edit this post as i have just phoned Lufthansa Jeddah office and the person told me that Lufthansa passengers get processed from International(N) terminal and not haj terminal, i suppose will wait and see !!:insha:
          Last edited by SOS; 29-01-12, 02:16 PM.

Comment

I rang the airline, They confirmed all their passengers for umrah will be processed via the south terminal, none of the hajj terminal stuff as mentioned above. Again, we will just have to wait and see.

I think it depends on what airline your with rather than if your going for umrah or not.

As you say, the luggage point is interesting.......
            Last edited by bigupajc; 16-04-12, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Abit more Info... i rang Jeddah Airport 0096626854314 after asking for someone who could speak english the person told me that my Lufthansa flight will be processed at North terminal(international) instead of Haj terminal, he also said if your flight number ends with 3 numbers then its at N Terminal and if the flight number ends with 4 numbers then at Haj Terminal, i dont know if this is for Lufthansa only or all airlines... my flight numbers are 3 numbers going and coming back....LH652 & LH593... i suggest anyone flying out ring the above number and ask them & also ask your airlines office in jeddah. as biupajc wrote above it is selected airlines that are processed through Haj Terminal.

Comment

well.. everyone knows the Saudi way of doing things... i called Jeddah airport today and the person told me that Lufthansa flights will be processed from N Terminal and not Haj Terminal.. also he said any flight Number that ends with 3 numbers will not be dealt at Haj Terminal !!

Comment

All i can say is that nothing is certain until you land in Jeddah and what the Saudi's plan at that hour, ther is no such thing as advance planning with the saudis, i rang Jeddah airport 0096626854314 and the person told me Lufthansa passengers will be processed at N Terminal and not Haj terminal,,
                  Today i got a reply back from Lufthansa office in Jedda read:

Unfortunately, we are unable to advise you, what would be status of your flights, the segregation of the passengers is performed by Airport authorities & not by us, such decisions are normally taken few hours before landing & sometimes after landing. As far as your departure flight is concerned last year our departing passenger went through the north Terminal, This year what are the plans about authorities, we don't know as yet.
                  We would like to recommend you to call us (966-2-6853075 / 6853252) a day or two before your departure date, we would let you know the updated situation about your departing flight.
                  Please be advised that we available only during flight operation, usually from 7pm till 3am Makkh time.
                  Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards
                  Lufthansa Airport Team
                  Jeddah.

Comment

Good luck with everything, please let me know how it goes i seem to be in a similar situation as to you

are you going via munich?

Comment

Originally posted by SOS View Post
                      As-salaam-o-laikum wa-rahmathullah wa-barakatahu
                      This is my first time on the Forum, previously have been visiting and reading replies which i have found very helpfull may Allah s.w.t reward the Brothers & Sisters for there efforts...ameen
                      Insha-Allah i will be traveling to Umrah on the 29th March 2012 from Birmingham on Lufthansa airlines £460 Return, i have yet to book the accomodation, I have heard that all Umrah visitors are processed throuh haj terminal, can someone explain the process... i.e does the plane land at North terminal and only non Umra passengers come off and then the plane taxis towards haj Terminal or does everyone disembark and are shuttled to haj terminal? and what happens when you RETURN do you goto the NORTH TERMINAL or HAJ Terminal ? and 1 more question if my travel agent does not include Jeddah-Makkah travel what Fare do the official taxis charge outside Haj terminal? usually its 150SR? also i have booked internal flight Madinah-Jeddah on my Return, will that mean that the internal flight will drop me at South terminal and instead of me getting a taxi for North Terminal i have to goto Haj Terminal or on return its direct to North Terminal

what does it say on ur ticket?

Comment

i am going via Frankfurt >>> Birmingham-Frankfurt-Jeddah
                        i sent a e-mail to Lufthansa Airlines Jeddah Office and ther reply was, " the saudi's decide on the day or even as the plane is landing wheater to process you at N Terminal or Haj terminal, and on return they said its a good idea to phone the jeddah office and they will advise you if your to depart from Haj Terminal or N-Terminal, also i rang the Jeddah Airport and the chap on the other side told me if your flight No. has 3 numbers then you will be processed at N-Terminal & if it has 4 numbers then at Haj Terminal ", while mine is LH652 lets see wot happens !!
                        may Allah s.w.t make it easy for all those traveling for Umrah...ameeen
                        Last edited by SOS; 19-02-12, 03:23 PM.

Comment

3 digits or 4 digits on your ticket will not cut any ice with them on the other side as they are still un-decided what to do with mutamireens.

Much depends on the moodswing and not on policy still.

However, the central decision is to offload all mutamireens at the Haj terminal which has been re-named now as The Umra and Haj Terminal.

Comment

I am arriving with Lufthansa at approx 7 pm into Jeddah - will I be OK with a 10.30 pm flight on SV to Madinah? Will I need to transfer from Haj Terminal to SV Terminal?

Also, is it better to go with a Signature Suite at Raffles Palace in Makkah or 2 rooms in Movenpick Hajar Tower for 2 adults and 3 children (3, 6 and 8)?

Radisson Blu in Madinah or Dar Al-Iman? I usually stay at Dar al Iman but wondered if there was much difference between the two.

Comment

i am going for umrah in sha Allah by saudi airlines which will be at south terminal at jedda, do i need to go to hajj terminal or my entry will be through south terminal? my return flight is in twelve hrs, can i perform my umrah in that time with all the airport and immigration formalities ?

Comment

Working...
                              X