Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do I need off work to go to Hajj?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do I need off work to go to Hajj?

Salam alaikum.
    I have just decided that InshaAllah I want to Hajj next year provided I could afford it and fnd a mahram to go with. I dont know much about Hajj so I'm going to have to read up on it lots and any help would be appreciated. But firstly I need to know what the minimum time will be that I need to dedicate to the whole process start to finish as I know I will not have many holidays left from work.
    JazalkAllah khair.
    Alhumdulillah

Re: How long do I need off work to go to Hajj?

Originally posted by islam lover View Post
    Salam alaikum.
    I have just decided that InshaAllah I want to Hajj next year provided I could afford it and fnd a mahram to go with. I dont know much about Hajj so I'm going to have to read up on it lots and any help would be appreciated. But firstly I need to know what the minimum time will be that I need to dedicate to the whole process start to finish as I know I will not have many holidays left from work.
    JazalkAllah khair.
    Salaams

Shortest packages I have seen are normally around 11-13 days...(including weekends)

Approx 30th October- 11th November...

Comment

Originally posted by islam lover View Post
      Salam alaikum.
      JazalkAllah khair.
      :salams

The dates for Hajj next year will be about 10 days back from this year. The shortest package I have seen this year is 8 days but more common are packages of around 2 weeks.

If you are going to put so much effort & money in going for Hajj I would suggest that you don't go for 2 weeks as the time really is too short. A package of around 3 weeks is a good choice if your situation allows for this. There are also packages of around 4 weeks available should your holiday allowance be that good!

A 2 week and 3 week package can cost the same at times so don't assume that 3 weeks will automatically be more expensive or vice versa.
      Last edited by islam_4eva; 18-07-11, 01:43 PM.

Comment

MashaALLAH(SWT) islam4eva is right...

Once in a journey lifetime... if you can take more leave- take it and use it!...or take unpaid leave... for this journey I think people should!

However if your circumstances dictate that you have less leave then go with what you have....as you cant delay!

Death dont wait for next years leave allocation so you can complete a faradh.

Comment

JazakAllah khair. Unfortunately I dont think I will be able to get any more than 2 weeks.
          Alhumdulillah

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X