Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: madina hotel reviews

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
    I saw it from outside and its in the 3rd line of hotels from the Haram. Something I class to be far.....esp from women's gate

See Tripadvisor

I was going to book this one - but when with Shaza al Madinah instead. alhumdollilah
    That is not far few mins walk :)
    http://www.sabeeltravels.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
      assalaamu alaikum, any experience of al-shohada hotel ?
      wa alaikum salam

It is around 12-15 mins walk never stayed there.
      http://www.sabeeltravels.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Eesa View Post
        That is not far few mins walk :)
        Too far :p

Next time im going to rent a spot in the Haram itself and ring fence it
        وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Eesa View Post
          wa alaikum salam

It is around 12-15 mins walk never stayed there.

Salams

my brother and cousins have stayed at this hotel few times, they love the hotel. Prefer it over the towers etc :/

btw there shuttle service is available for this hotel like every 30 minutes.

Comment

hows shaza al madinah

Comment

Bump

Comment

Has anyone stayed at grand mecure hotel? Its located on the second row behind movenpick al anwar dar al iman etc

Comment

We're booked in to the Al Eman Royal. Anyone have experience of this hotel?

Comment

My friend stayed at grand mecure, its actually not that bad

Also very close to the haramain

Comment

Just returned stayed at Anwar al madinah movenpick still same as it was 4 years ago wifi not working in most rooms only plus point location entrance through shopping complex and through to gate 15 percent for ladies will need to look for alternative

Comment

Originally posted by solitare View Post
                        Just returned stayed at Anwar al madinah movenpick still same as it was 4 years ago wifi not working in most rooms only plus point location entrance through shopping complex and through to gate 15 percent for ladies will need to look for alternative
                        We have stayed at al anwar movenpick for the last ten years or so, its a low 4* ...however wifii has always and its 2 min walk from the haramain?

Sisters entrances are close too?

Comment

I was staying at the Grand Mecure in Madinah until this Monday and I have to say, it is the WORST hotel I've ever stayed at.

It's advertised as 5* but is more like a 2/3. On arrival, we found that our room hadn't been cleaned - there was dirt everywhere, sheets hadn't been changed and toenails on the floor. After a long coach ride to Madinah from Makkah, little sleep and it being close to 12am, this is the last thing we expected.

The manager was helpful and arranged for a deep clean and sent a fruit basket but this didn't make up for the horrors of our first night in the Grand Mecure! We also visited another few rooms to see if they were any better but they were also dirty! We decided to keep the first one. I really didn't want to sleep in the room even after the deep clean but alas I was knackered and gave in.

Negatives
                          * Very dirty and run down
                          * No wifi in rooms, you have to go down to reception if you want to use the internet.
                          * Breakfast buffet is inedible
                          * Very few lifts that take ages to come and are always packed!

Positives
                          * Located 1 min away from the haram, just need to cross the road - great for the elderly
                          * In front of gate 16 which is closest to the women's entrance
                          * Helpful managers, they tried to make sure we were happy for the rest of our stay

I'm sure I can come up with more negatives. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone and have no plans to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by nutella. View Post
                            I was staying at the Grand Mecure in Madinah until this Monday and I have to say, it is the WORST hotel I've ever stayed at.

It's advertised as 5* but is more like a 2/3. On arrival, we found that our room hadn't been cleaned - there was dirt everywhere, sheets hadn't been changed and toenails on the floor. After a long coach ride to Madinah from Makkah, little sleep and it being close to 12am, this is the last thing we expected.

The manager was helpful and arranged for a deep clean and sent a fruit basket but this didn't make up for the horrors of our first night in the Grand Mecure! We also visited another few rooms to see if they were any better but they were also dirty! We decided to keep the first one. I really didn't want to sleep in the room even after the deep clean but alas I was knackered and gave in.

Negatives
                            * No wifi in rooms, you have to go down to reception if you want to use the internet.

Positives
                            * Located 1 min away from the haram, just need to cross the road - great for the elderly
                            * Helpful managers, they tried to make sure we were happy for the rest of our stay

I'm sure I can come up with more negatives. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone and have no plans to come back.
                            Oh dear :(

Comment

Originally posted by nutella. View Post

Negatives

Positives

My friend also stayed at this hotel last week, she said the following;

it is close to the haram and its cheaper than others. I would say the biggest problem is the lift! It's a nightmare. Rooms on 1st floor have been refurbished so are much better.

Comment

Originally posted by taqwa435 View Post
                                My friend also stayed at this hotel last week, she said the following;

it is close to the haram and its cheaper than others. I would say the biggest problem is the lift! It's a nightmare. Rooms on 1st floor have been refurbished so are much better.
                                To be fair, they were quick to rectify the problem and offered us the presidential suite. They also gave free pizza and a case of water lol, so random but appreciated. Still never going back!

Comment

Working...
                                X