makkah hotel reviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: makkah hotel reviews

What are the chances of hotel prices for April Holidays coming down ? Don't know whether to book now or wait... interested in Conrad but getting quoted £175 per night for a queen bed deluxe haram view room

Comment

Originally posted by Deenie Man View Post
      What are the chances of hotel prices for April Holidays coming down ? Don't know whether to book now or wait... interested in Conrad but getting quoted £175 per night for a queen bed deluxe haram view room
      On the contrary. VAT is being applied to all accommodations. The chance of reduction is scuppered for sure.

Comment

But if I book now then I don't need to pay VAT do I ?

Comment

I read in one of the hotel's small print VAT will be charged from January. If you only make the booking now and pay at check in next year you will probably have to pay the vat.

Comment

If I book now on non refundable basis then I don't have to ?

Comment

According to this article VAT will be 5%

https://www.zawya.com/saudi-arabia/e...052017_160520/

If you pay everything upfront it shouldn't effect you as the transaction took place before the vat introduction but best to get something in writing from the hotel to cover yourself. Some hotels might even absorb the cost and keep prices the same. Time will tell.

Comment

Alhamdulillah, just booked our rooms directly with Conrad now time to look for room in Madinah....as I want one close to ladies entrance it's a tough decision as too which one I go for

Comment

DM,
                  Do share which one you end up booking with.

I generally stay at a hotel that used to be called Mubarak Al Medina (in the same line as Dallah Taibah). If you go outside lady's gate (25/26), it comes up on across the street after Golden Al Ansar. The name of the Mubarak Al Medina changed this year to Al Salihiya (sp).

This is not anywhere near the quality of Conrad, Hilton, etc. It's likely rated 3* but perhaps is at that level on a good day. I stayed there multiple times because of proximity to the Ladies gate and my parent's age.

Unfortunately they are not on Booking.com. I do have a friend that there that makes my bookings for me in advance of my arrival. Let me know if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post
                    DM,
                    Do share which one you end up booking with.

I generally stay at a hotel that used to be called Mubarak Al Medina (in the same line as Dallah Taibah). If you go outside lady's gate (25/26), it comes up on across the street after Golden Al Ansar. The name of the Mubarak Al Medina changed this year to Al Salihiya (sp).

This is not anywhere near the quality of Conrad, Hilton, etc. It's likely rated 3* but perhaps is at that level on a good day. I stayed there multiple times because of proximity to the Ladies gate and my parent's age.

Unfortunately they are not on Booking.com. I do have a friend that there that makes my bookings for me in advance of my arrival. Let me know if you're interested.

I've just come off the phone from Shaza Al Madinah and Alhamdulillah booked a family suite for 5 of us

Comment

Nothing like sitting in the room , open the TV and watching the tawaaf with the quran recitation.
                      Live

Comment

Let us know how your experiance at shaza is jzk

Comment

Originally posted by taqwa435 View Post
                          Let us know how your experiance at shaza is jzk
                          I never stayed there but have visited friends staying there multiple times. They rent a suite type of room where there is a huge bedroom, a living room area with a sofa and tv, a dining area and a full open size bathroom. Spacious would be the one word I'd use to describe it. nice staff, no delays on elevators, clean, quiet, and formal.

Comment

Any opinions on Grand Makkah Hotel? It is behind the safa marwa area and is apparently a 10 min walk to the haram. Is there a SAPTCO VIP Bus stop nearby this hotel? I'll need to use the bus service to travel onwards to Madinah.
                            Last edited by Imranb; 25-11-17, 07:09 PM. Reason: Spell

Comment

Join Funadiq.com, The first ever Online Marketing Platform with an On the ground team in Makkah and Madinah. We have the largest Database of Hotels, Transportation, Catering, Telecom Sim card and related Hajj and Umrah suppliers in Makkah and Madinah. No need to travel yourself or rely on a few agents, with our Historic reviews on properties and landlords you are sure to make the best decision, Save time, Save Money & Save Efforts, Reserve now at Funadiq.com

Comment

Working...
                              X