Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: makkah hotel reviews

Zam Zam towers

We have been staying at this hotel for the past 2 years, unfortunately the service isnt as great as it was when it first opened.

Housekeeping isnt so great, you have to chase them up to clean your room.
    The A/C wasnt working when we checked in this year, after 3 days of no A/C we got fed up, made a complaint and were moved to a suite.
    Breakfast is okay, buffet style, variety....but not as great as 2 years back!
    Rooms are pretty cramped, triple room = 2 beds and one tiny sofa, thank god we only had the room for 3 days, the space is very tight for a triple room.
    Bathroom is tiny, has a tiny small fan which is rubbish.
    Lifts are good as there are plenty of them, easy access to the food court and the haramaain (the only 2 reasons we stayed at this hotel)

staff - so annoying, unprofessional, disorganized, typical arabs, i do not understand how they can remain so calm when the AC isnt working in one of their towers.

very expensive!

Comment

the Makkah al Mukkarum in Ajyad: (A Makkah) 5 star.
      this hotel is only open during hajj season.
      the foyer has the WOW factor.
      picale bedding which they change every day irrespective whether you slept on the bed or not :)
      it has two toilets facing each other in the bathroom. i did not understand that!
      room service and extra meals expensive.
      even though it has a shuttle service, it runs irregularly ... and the driver did not want to drive with only me as the passenger ... HARAAM HARAAM.

Elaf Ajyad: (A Makkah) 3 star.
      great buffet. friendly staff. room service and extra meals good value.
      great shuttle service.

took 30 minutes just to get to the mataaf during peak hajj time.
      Last edited by Zydee; 21-12-10, 09:54 AM.
      [CENTER][LEFT][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - –[/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray] - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – -
      [/COLOR][/B][/LEFT]
      [LEFT] [B][COLOR=Purple]I WANT TO[/COLOR][/B] [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=Magenta]move it[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]move it[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Teal]move it[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] :zzz:

[/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Zydee View Post
        the Makkah al Mukkarum in Ajyad: (A Makkah) 5 star.
        this hotel is only open during hajj season.
        the foyer has the WOW factor.
        picale bedding which they change every day irrespective whether you slept on the bed or not :)
        it has two toilets facing each other in the bathroom. i did not understand that!
        room service and extra meals expensive.
        even though it has a shuttle service, it runs irregularly ... and the driver did not want to drive with only me as the passenger ... HARAAM HARAAM.

Elaf Ajyad: (A Makkah) 3 star.
        great buffet. friendly staff. room service and extra meals good value.
        great shuttle service.

took 30 minutes just to get to the mataaf during peak hajj time.
        Al Muqrim is not in Ajyad, it is on the border of Kudai. It is quite far from Haram, far enough to make walking impossible. It has shuttle service.

Comment

Originally posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
          Al Muqrim is not in Ajyad, it is on the border of Kudai. It is quite far from Haram, far enough to make walking impossible. It has shuttle service.
          Bro Ismail, it is this hotel, up the road from the ajyad hospital: http://www.ajyadmakkahhotel.com/
          it has huge signage Makkah al Mukkarim on the top part of the building.
          it is quite close to the haram, at night i would walk down cos it was cooler and quicker than taking the shuttle.
          closer to hajj time the haram was so full, people would salaah right pass the hotel entrance.
          Last edited by Zydee; 22-12-10, 01:40 PM. Reason: incorrect link
          [CENTER][LEFT][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - –[/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray] - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – -
          [/COLOR][/B][/LEFT]
          [LEFT] [B][COLOR=Purple]I WANT TO[/COLOR][/B] [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=Magenta]move it[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]move it[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Teal]move it[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] :zzz:

[/LEFT]
          [/CENTER]

Comment

Hoteliers, in Makkah and Madinah, will try to be as economical with the truth as they can get away with. Makkah Muqrim is no exception and, in their own description, acknowledge that they are situated some 1,500 meters from the Haram.
            I don't know whether the link http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl will work. If it does, you will need to scroll downward to an area between the 2nd and 3rd ring road.
            This is where Ajyad street turns towards Jabal Thour street. Just before it turns is where the hotel Muqrim is located and, as you increase the view size the hotel's name will come up.
            It is is not walking distance I can tell you even if you managed to walk to the haram.

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Fairmont Abraj Ul Bayt:

It's an excellent hotel inside and the rooms are clean and spacious and have everything you need. It is located in the Abraj complex which means you are in the courtyard of them haram as soon as you step out and thus location wise it is fantastic. You also have the food court of the shopping centre on your doorstep which has a variety of food outlets which is useful if your package doesn't include any.

The negative is that the hotel is absolutely huge and thus at busy times, there are long waits for the elevators and also for getting seated at a table for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by IbnK View Post
                  Fairmont Abraj Ul Bayt:

It's an excellent hotel inside and the rooms are clean and spacious and have everything you need. It is located in the Abraj complex which means you are in the courtyard of them haram as soon as you step out and thus location wise it is fantastic. You also have the food court of the shopping centre on your doorstep which has a variety of food outlets which is useful if your package doesn't include any.

The negative is that the hotel is absolutely huge and thus at busy times, there are long waits for the elevators and also for getting seated at a table for dinner.

youre right about the rush, it's crazy esp around salah times hence I stopped staying at the towers.

Comment

Hilton hotel

Always quick check in alhamdulilah. Within walking distance to the haramain. Rarely ever busy. I don't ever recall sharing a lift with fellow hujjaj lol.
                    Clean. Good room service. Breakfast is always included in the package...probably the only downside it's soooo boring...I have seen the same dishes available for the past 5 years or so.

Comment

Anyone stayed in Elaf Kinda hotel in Makkah please share your feedback.
                      http://www.sabeeltravels.co.uk/

Comment

Hilton Hotel
                        Stayed here during our recent Umrah trip in December with family. It is in the building between Dar ul Tauheed and Clock Tower. You take one lift which will take you to the ground floor and then you have to go through some shops before you exit for haram.My 7 year old son would easily find his way to the hotel and lifts. Perhaps if it was a clock tower hotel, he would have got slightly confused with two lifts.

We were upgraded to executive floor rooms, which I would give 10/10 marks for spaciousness, cleanliness and service. The executive lounge served breakfast, snacks all day and a light meal in the evening between 5 – 7. Although we went in a very busy period, but I never had to wait long for lifts. We were able to check in to our rooms within minutes. Housekeeping was quick and efficient. I would definitely stay here again. My rating is 10/10 for this hotel.

Dar ul Tauheed
                        This hotel gets its points for its location. We stayed here during hajj 2012 . It is in front of King Fahd gate which was a lot less crowded as compared to the King Abdul Aziz gate. (I think King Abdul Aziz gate is closed these days). Even though it was a busy hajj period, but the check in was very quick. When we arrived at the hotel, our travel agent staff (Nabil Hajj and Umrah) was there holding our keys for us !
                        It’s a luxurious hotel. Lavish breakfast and dinner. Very expensive too, perhaps the most expensive hotel in Mecca. 10/10 for its location and food in restaurant.

Movenpick Hotel
                        Stayed here in May 2011 when we went for Umrah with a group. It is one of the hotels located in clock tower. Not sure whether it was hotels fault or the travel agent (booked with haj & umra travel limited) but we had to wait a good while before we were able to check in. Breakfast was ok and cleaning standard was ok too, but I am not keen to stay here again. My rating is 7/10

Comment

Salaam

Has anyone stayed in Al Massa Hotel in Makkah? any reviews, tripadvisor ones dont look that great.

Also if anyone can suggest any umrah packages this Easter with Half Board/Full Board meals.

Jzk

Comment

Have a choice of swissotel Hilton suites or fairmont any suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by K2sha View Post
                              Have a choice of swissotel Hilton suites or fairmont any suggestions
                              Fairmount obviously!

Comment

I would choose hilton suites from the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X