Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am travelling with my parents for Hajj InshaAllah, I understand that buses take ages to get from Jeddah to Makkah and Madina to Jeddah airport. I was wondering if there is a way to organise private taxi, from the airport to Harmain and flights between Makkah and Madina? Also will it be any quicker to book taxi between Makkah and Madina.

Comment

Originally posted by mfzia View Post
      I am travelling with my parents for Hajj InshaAllah, I understand that buses take ages to get from Jeddah to Makkah and Madina to Jeddah airport. I was wondering if there is a way to organise private taxi, from the airport to Harmain and flights between Makkah and Madina? Also will it be any quicker to book taxi between Makkah and Madina.
      I think buses and taxi have same travelling time, because its all highways ,no stops in between.
      if you wish to cut travelling time, then take plane direct to madinah airport from your local country.

yes there are private taxis but bear in mind and consider your luggage space though.
      if you have to squeeze at the front seat or etc, it be not comfortable as its a 5-6 hour journey ride. (from jeddah to madinah)

and the stuff i read about private taxis, not so convincing for me to take them. (charge extra etc)
      but if you get real reliable one, then its ok.

There should be planes from jeddah to madinah airport also. But take note its hajj season, (can ask the rest how its going to be, never been for hajj)

Come to think of it, if you are travelling alone, it be great to sleep in the car at the backseat.
      sleep the entire 6 hour journey :)

same goes for buses,but you need the last seat , i think for that
      Last edited by MuslimThinker; 21-04-18, 06:28 PM.
      Allah Subḥānahu wa-taʿālā has mentioned in the Quran in chapter Surah Al-Ahzab:21 There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.

Comment

thanks for sharing these great pieces of knowledge about hajj process,
        Jazaak Allah.

Comment

new forum for travellers to madinah madinahforums.com
          it hosts good info on all aspects of madinah economy trade jobs etc

Comment

Assalamu Alaykum Brother Ismail.
            I've been reading your posts (anonymously) for quite a while as have been researching getting into the umra and hajj travel agency business. (only just built up the courage to sign up for an account) Masha Allah your explanations have been amazing detailed and accessible to a layman like myself. May Allah SWT bless you for this service you have provided. I had a question and was wondering if you or somebody else could help/enlighten me. I'm currently in the process of registering as a direct agent with Qasswa for providing umra services and have noticed nobody seems to provide any information on registering as a hajj agent. On a previous post you mentioned that the Hajj Ministry.was offering Hajj licences again. Is this an invitation only thing or is it something that there is an application procedure for like I had to go through with Qasswa. As an aside it's thanks to yourself that I became aware of Qasswa from your umra sticky!

Comment

Wa Alaikum Salam WR.

As this is a "sticky" not meant for engaging in conversation, I would much prefer if you contact me by email please. [email protected]

Comment

Any latest updates on Hajj process other than e visa this year?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X