Buying Umra or Haj Airline Tickets online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Umra or Haj Airline Tickets online

This question or issue has arisen frequently on this forum and given appropriate replies.

There are some members who have introduced contradictory comments which is very misleading.

Online tickets, tempting though they may be, are of no use for umra passengers.

At worst your ticket is totally invalid and you lose your full amount. I should know. I lost 11 tickets and suffered heavy loss as a result and that was 7 years ago.

At best you will be asked to make up the difference at the time of checking in for your flight.

Umrah Visa application no longer requires the production of a ticket. Neither does the airliner's GSA or agents need to see your visa as long as you tell them what your category is for entry into Saudi Arabia and you will be charged accordingly.

Repeat.... Online ticketing does sell cheaper but that is for those travellers to Saudi Arabia who are either using a visitor or a business or a work visa.

Masterfare and Commodore are sister companies based in London and have an office in Manchester. Commodore is one of the two GSAs for Saudi Airlines. Masterfare are the sole GSA for BMi and British Air. Sundowners, based in Manchester are GSA for Saudi Airline and have an office in London.

Between these three they control the UK/Saudi Arabia sector for BMi and BA and also onward linked sectors for wherever Saudia fly as long as you have the stopover in Jeddah or Riyadh.

Re: Buying Umra or Haj Airline Tickets online

Thanks Ismail Bhai - maybe this should be made a sticky.

One question - can us as individuals buy our own tickets from say Sundowners or Commodore direct? Or can only agents buy them for us?

JK

Comment

you can purchase with sundowners directly .try speaking to imran or fiasal.tel no is 01618330677 or you can phone manchester airport suadia airlines who are part of sundowners 0161 489 6242 ask for debbie or donna ...

Comment

Originally posted by yus786 View Post
        Thanks Ismail Bhai - maybe this should be made a sticky.

One question - can us as individuals buy our own tickets from say Sundowners or Commodore direct? Or can only agents buy them for us?

JK
        These are GSAs and, as such, "S"hould "N"ot be selling direct to individual pax. They are supposed to sell only to agents.

However, as it is not a law but rather an understanding, both GSAs do sell direct to the public.

Sundowners have an office outlet in Manchester, hence, there is no need to contact any airport based workers who work for contractors and loaned out to airliners. At airports they have the flight supervisor and sufficient support staff as necessary available to manage the airport related responsibilities as is the procedure for all airliners operating from UK airports. This include selling seats if seats are available and passengers wishing to fly at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
          This question or issue has arisen frequently on this forum and given appropriate replies.

There are some members who have introduced contradictory comments which is very misleading.

Online tickets, tempting though they may be, are of no use for umra passengers.

At worst your ticket is totally invalid and you lose your full amount. I should know. I lost 11 tickets and suffered heavy loss as a result and that was 7 years ago.

At best you will be asked to make up the difference at the time of checking in for your flight.

Umrah Visa application no longer requires the production of a ticket. Neither does the airliner's GSA or agents need to see your visa as long as you tell them what your category is for entry into Saudi Arabia and you will be charged accordingly.

Repeat.... Online ticketing does sell cheaper but that is for those travellers to Saudi Arabia who are either using a visitor or a business or a work visa.

Masterfare and Commodore are sister companies based in London and have an office in Manchester. Commodore is one of the two GSAs for Saudi Airlines. Masterfare are the sole GSA for BMi and British Air. Sundowners, based in Manchester are GSA for Saudi Airline and have an office in London.

Between these three they control the UK/Saudi Arabia sector for BMi and BA and also onward linked sectors for wherever Saudia fly as long as you have the stopover in Jeddah or Riyadh.
          How comes I purchased my tickets online at lastminute.com for jeddah last year and brought the umrah visa's seperately and had no problem?

This year my friend has purchased tickets from expedia with his credit card and he phoned them and they said it should be fine

Comment

The one that got away !!! Simple as that.

Comment

manchester airport staff are employed by sundowners and are very helpful to all matters .sundowners are based in deansgate manchester are open mon -sat from 10am whereas you can get assistance from the airport staff from 9 am mon and fri only .the manchesterflight only operate on mon and fri .better getting the friday flight because it goes via geneva to jeddah whereas the mon flight goes to riyadh then jeddah approx 11-12 hrs flight time

Comment

www.cyprusairlines or phone 0208 359 1333 .you can purchase haj tickets from now .

Comment

Ahh just found out the BRITISH AIRWAYS flight tickets for Umrah in April purchased online have been CANCELLED...no explanation from BA but they offerring full refund...

Comment

Originally posted by madinah View Post
                    www.cyprusairlines or phone 0208 359 1333 .you can purchase haj tickets from now .
                    Madinah probably means well. However, you purchase these tickets at your peril especially for Ramadan and haj, on line or direct from the airliner because the situation will change once the flight time arrives.

Comment

people have bought and travelled on cyprus airlines for number of years without any problem .the only downfall is there waiting time in cyprus .unless you get the stopover with your own expenses

Comment

Originally posted by shukr99 View Post
                        Ahh just found out the BRITISH AIRWAYS flight tickets for Umrah in April purchased online have been CANCELLED...no explanation from BA but they offerring full refund...
                        please kindly inform me where have you found out this from and is this for july and august or not

Comment

This is for 3rd April going to Jeddah.. All British Airways tickets have been cancelled and they are not even flying on that date according to their booking system...they were two weeks ago but not now....my friends really cheesed off because they paid in full and took time off work and every agent is saying sorry no tickets left for those dates.....

Comment

Originally posted by madinah View Post
                            people have bought and travelled on cyprus airlines for number of years without any problem .the only downfall is there waiting time in cyprus .unless you get the stopover with your own expenses
                            Madinah, I am an agent in business since past 17 years and have used every airliners operating between UK and Saudi Arabia and that includes Cyprus Airways.

I do think I know what I am talking about the subject of flights, Umra and Haj and the pitfalls of buying airline tickets from sources that are tempting or otherwise be that online or at the airport.

Suffice it for me to say that the aim is to advise the readers as best as it can be done and warn them against going for short cut or easy routes.

Comment

Originally posted by shukr99 View Post
                              This is for 3rd April going to Jeddah.. All British Airways tickets have been cancelled and they are not even flying on that date according to their booking system...they were two weeks ago but not now....my friends really cheesed off because they paid in full and took time off work and every agent is saying sorry no tickets left for those dates.....
                              According to the press release in Saudi Arabia, BA states that their ground work for the flight to commence from March is not possible. They have postponed the resumption of the flights to 31 May 2009 and have refunded every paid passengers.

Comment

Working...
                              X