Covid test via Tawakalna App is not accepted; Get the RIGHT test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid test via Tawakalna App is not accepted; Get the RIGHT test

Upon returning back from your visit, you'll likely need a Covid PCR test within 72h/3d before departure (just like when you went on your trip). Find the officially recognized for travel Covid PCR test and do that one. Do NOT use the Covid-19 Test option within the Saudi sponsored Tawakalna App for getting your test. This test is not accepted at the airport by airlines even though it is a PCR test.

Sharing from personal experience
    - I was aware of Saudi Airlines link to a lab, which i believe was the same link that was shared in a diff thread, but I did not find the site useful, informative, helpful wrt logistics of where to test, how to schedule, cost, etc. So i was confused.
    - I was aware of people coming to hotel rooms in Makkah and Medina to do covid test. I think it was from 200-400 SR dont recall
    - I saw option in Tawakalna App for scheduling Covid 19 test for 10am. I was in Medina Al Munawarrah. Took a cab to a drive thru location past Masjid Quba, got a free test administered for our family of 4, and got results around 9pm, and thought i'm all good. The Tawakalna app shows Covid 19 result for each of accounts when we login from our respective phones. This was a PCR test. This was from Saudi govt (not some private practice). The result came in the form of an update on the app saying "Negative" showing the date and time of the test. We had to show our e-visa and Tawakalna app.
    - When I got to the airport in Medina they said this is not acceptable. They said it's PCR but not from the approved lab, which issues a paper result which includes QR code etc. He checked with his supervisor and it was a no go.
    - Luckly the airline agent called a hospital close by (Mushtashfa Al Ahmadi), found out for the 2-hour result PCR test that they close at 10pm (it was 9:30pm), he came out, talked to a taxi driver explaining the situation, and told him to rush us there (20min away) and off we went. The taxi driver sped as fast as he could. got us there at 9:55pm, Talked to the hospital folks to get the 2 hour test for 4 of us. They got results back in 90min and we headed back to the airport to resume check-in.
    - This 2-hour PCR test was 400 SR per person
    - Those results also showed upon on the Tawakalna App section of "Covid 19 test"
    - We had left all of our luggage with the porters at the airport, didnt even have time to get their phone number. had faith it would be there when we got back and the porters did have it AH.
    - We made our flight AH. This was possbile because we had arrived to the airport at 9:15pm for our 1:40am flight.

So long story short, make sure you take the RIGHT covid test.
    Two of my friends went with the option in Makkah and Medina of having the person come to your room and do the test. Next time I'll do the same.

Originally posted by lazy View Post
    Upon returning back from your visit, you'll likely need a Covid PCR test within 72h/3d before departure (just like when you went on your trip). Find the officially recognized for travel Covid PCR test and do that one. Do NOT use the Covid-19 Test option within the Saudi sponsored Tawakalna App for getting your test. This test is not accepted at the airport by airlines even though it is a PCR test.

Sharing from personal experience
    - I was aware of Saudi Airlines link to a lab, which i believe was the same link that was shared in a diff thread, but I did not find the site useful, informative, helpful wrt logistics of where to test, how to schedule, cost, etc. So i was confused.
    - I was aware of people coming to hotel rooms in Makkah and Medina to do covid test. I think it was from 200-400 SR dont recall
    - I saw option in Tawakalna App for scheduling Covid 19 test for 10am. I was in Medina Al Munawarrah. Took a cab to a drive thru location past Masjid Quba, got a free test administered for our family of 4, and got results around 9pm, and thought i'm all good. The Tawakalna app shows Covid 19 result for each of accounts when we login from our respective phones. This was a PCR test. This was from Saudi govt (not some private practice). The result came in the form of an update on the app saying "Negative" showing the date and time of the test. We had to show our e-visa and Tawakalna app.
    - When I got to the airport in Medina they said this is not acceptable. They said it's PCR but not from the approved lab, which issues a paper result which includes QR code etc. He checked with his supervisor and it was a no go.
    - Luckly the airline agent called a hospital close by (Mushtashfa Al Ahmadi), found out for the 2-hour result PCR test that they close at 10pm (it was 9:30pm), he came out, talked to a taxi driver explaining the situation, and told him to rush us there (20min away) and off we went. The taxi driver sped as fast as he could. got us there at 9:55pm, Talked to the hospital folks to get the 2 hour test for 4 of us. They got results back in 90min and we headed back to the airport to resume check-in.
    - This 2-hour PCR test was 400 SR per person
    - Those results also showed upon on the Tawakalna App section of "Covid 19 test"
    - We had left all of our luggage with the porters at the airport, didnt even have time to get their phone number. had faith it would be there when we got back and the porters did have it AH.
    - We made our flight AH. This was possbile because we had arrived to the airport at 9:15pm for our 1:40am flight.

So long story short, make sure you take the RIGHT covid test.
    Two of my friends went with the option in Makkah and Medina of having the person come to your room and do the test. Next time I'll do the same.
    Jazkhallah khair for sharing your experience, I really want to go but I do not want to get vaccinated, did you not get vaccine before travelling? Are you able to travel without vaccine? And which country did you travel from?
    ☝🏻️اللهمَّ لك الحمد حتى ترضى، ولك الحمد إذا رضيت، ولك الحمد بعد الرضا

Comment

Afaik, Saudi mandates vaccination to enter, and you cannot enter the country without being vaccinated. Make sure the vaccine is on the Approved vaccine list from Saudi because they do NOT accept all vaccinations, they accept most, and not some of the Chinese I think but in short, Check the list and get that one.

I got vaccinated in the USA by Pfizer and other family members Moderna and Jannsen (1-shot).

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X