Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failed login attempts multiple times on apps result in 12h lockout!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed login attempts multiple times on apps result in 12h lockout!

Salam
    So speaking from experience, I was able to signup on Tawakalna app for myself on my USA phone with USA SIM as a new user. Then I registered my father as a New User on the same phone using the same phone number, and his passport details. That too worked.

The problem came when I logged out my father (username is mobile number) and tried to log in to my account (same mobile number but diff password) and it failed. I tried 2-3 times, and then I got a message that too many failed attempts, and I was locked out for 12 hours per the message.

I did not try to login during those 12 hours in fear it would escalate the lockout period. I waited 13+ hours, and then as safety, attempted a "Forgot Password" instead of trying to login again. Meantime during the 12 hours, I got my father his own SIM, did a "Change Number" on the app for my father, so he had his own mobile number registered. I was then able to login.

I dont know which actions, attempts trigger the lockout.
    I dont know if it increases on continued failed attempts.
    I tried twitter support, and they chcked and said I need to wait the lockout period, and subsequent twitter messages by me asking for assistance were ignored.

So be cautious.

Such is life

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X