No announcement yet.

Wheelchair Availability in both cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheelchair Availability in both cities?

Salam
    What are options for wheelchair availability in the two holy lands? Like the foldable stools, are there wheelchairs available for 'loan'?

I'm going with my mother who would need it due to long distances (hotel to Haram), she can walk short distances (within the home). A friend said they thought you can leave your passport to 'borrow' a wheelchair from the haram. I've never heard of that. What I do see in Makkah is the workers who will seat you in a wheelchair and perform the rounds for Tawaf + Saee. At most you I hired a private person from the courtyard to come to our hotel, seat my mom, and bring her back. But not "here is a wheelchair you can use for your multi-day stay".

Thinking of taking her wheelchair from home with us on the plane and using to go to the harams.

Any info, options, clarifications would be helpful.

There are no wheelchairs available for use in Masjid e Nabavi in Madina. You have to use your own. If it is only you taking your mother, then you have additional problem in Madina as the females are segregated from males and your mom will need a woman to wheel her into the female section and out. Think carefully about this problem.

In Makkah, the top rated hotels may lend you a wheelchair if they have one to spare. If not, you can borrow one just for doing the Umra only from the section you enter the haram. Alternatively, if your mom can do the tawaf by walking then you can hire a "double seated" scooter for Saee. Cost will be SR120.

For congregational salah, there are no wheelchairs available to borrow in the Haram.

Best if you have a wheelchair to take with you from UK.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the valuable info and advice Ismail Bhai.
      We will take the wheelchair with us from home iA.
      AH my wife will be with us, and handling the chair in the females only area.

Comment

Update:
        In Medina in mid-October my wife took our wheelchair we brought from home. Was able to take my mother for salah in Masjid Nabawi.
        In Makkah my wife took my mother for the salah and Umrah reservations with our wheelchair inside.
        For tawaf during Umrah, the wheelchairs were in a roped off area in the immediate area to the Kabbah, about 5 rows wide. After the roped area is where others walked for their tawaf. This made the tawaf umrah quick.

For the Saee between Safa and Marwa, they have the 2 seater motorized wheelchairs as mentioned by Ismail Bhai, and then a single seater for less than that. There is a counter near Safa, and you pay, you can store your own wheelchair with them for this duration. On the ground floor (dont know about 2nd and 3rd floors) the middle section for wheelchairs was only for the motorized ones, and the manual wheelchair (as we used) are in the same area as the people who walk.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X