Questions and answers on umra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions and answers on umra

I received the following question from a member of this forum. I feel it is an important one and the answer will benefit everyone else interested in the current state of Umra.

" Salaam Alaykum Dear bro Ismail.
    I am due to fly out for umra on oct 6, landing in Jeddah for Oct 7.
    I really want to do umra first, and just wanted to know, in your experience or any contact you have had with folks, is the tawwakkalna registration instant upon landing and getting sim, provided i have submitted my vaccinations max 72 hours in advance of my departure .......

some one is saying it could take time (like. a couple of days )

another couple of folks got it right when they landed ......

I would like to go to Jeddah in Ihram, I can wait like half a day if I have to ...

Let me answer each question in the order it is raised.

1. Wa Alaikum Salam Warahmatullah.
    I returned back from my Umra visit a few hours earlier today. I went last month too. There is a slight development between my two visits within a period of one month.

2. Q. I am due to fly out for umra on oct 6, landing in Jeddah for Oct 7.
    A I wish you a safe journey and a fulfilling Maqbool Umrah...Aameen.

3. Q. I really want to do umra first, and just wanted to know, in your experience or any contact you have had with folks, is the tawwakkalna registration instant upon landing
    A. You start the process of downloading whilst still in UK using your UK Sim. The two apps are separate but linked to each other and to all relevant saudi governmental departments.
    Hence it is practically a mean for the Saudis to keep a tab on your movements.
    The apps wont allow you to complete it until you have cleared the Saudi immigration. However, whatever you download and fill in will be saved so you can then complete the process
    once you have been stamped in.
    You must complete and activate the Tawakkalana App. Only then can you complete the Eatamarana App.
    That can be done using your UK Sim. The Apps are not tied to any country's Sim.
    It is better to buy your Saudi Sim at the airport of your arrival ensuring that you have sufficient capacity for WIFI.
    It is the PCR, AL MUQEEM that needs to be completed 72 hours before departure or after but not before. You must also print out your NHS letter confirming you have had the
    the two doses of vaccinations done. And you must also fill in the FCO's Locator form which will not allow you to complete until 72 hours before your return back to UK.
    It is a good idea if you have an adroid tablet with you or a lap top. Otherwise an adroid handset/ smart phone or iphone is a MUST.

4. Q. some one is saying it could take time (like. a couple of days ) another couple of folks got it right when they landed ......
    A. If you are travelling using Tourism Visa, Visitor Visa, Business Visa etc ( except an Umra Visa) you will NOT get an Umra slot for 72 hours from the time of your immigration
    clearance. This is the "institutional quarantine" triggered automatically.
    Only those travelling on Umra Visa will get an umra slot of their choosing facilitated by the Umra company that your UK agent is contracted to. Also, if you are a group of 20 then
    the Umra company will also obtain a salah slot for you.
    Hence, you might as well go to Madina first and spend the three days of waiting for umra slot in Madina. You will have to check every day to get a salah slot on Eatamarana App.
    Getting a salah slot is sheer pot luck. Some day you will get all 5 salah and on other, none at all.

5. Q. I would like to go to Jeddah in Ihram, I can wait like half a day if I have to ...
    A. IHRAM is a description of your status and not what you are wearing. The two piece of white sheets for men is a must if you make a Niyya for Umra or for Haj. If you put on the two
    piece of white sheet and not make the Niyyah then those two piece are simply your garment.
    Given my answers to your question, I dont think it is wise for you to land in Jedda in the "state" of Ihram ( not as garment) if you cant enter the Haram to perform umra before next 72
    hours at least?

I trust I have answered your questions.

Feel free to ask if you have some more using this thread so that others can benefit too InshaAllah.

VERY useful info as always.
    Heading out Sunday Inshallah and will benefit from this.

One question, upon returning back from Saudi, you mentioned "FCO Locator", can you elaborate on that process?
    And on option for getting PCR test 72 before RETURN flight from Saudi while in Medina?

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-c...fore-travel-uk

Connect to this link and read the detail and take the steps as directed.

Umra Mabrouk.

Comment

Asalaamualaikum Uncle Ismail & all,

I am planning on flying with Royal Jordanian airline to Saudi for Umrah later in the month.

I have one question, would I need a PCR test on the way back from Saudi, my transit is on Queen Alia airport.

If I do, any recommendations, I plan on flying back from JED.

Jazāk Allāhu Khayran.

Comment

Wa Alaikum Salam Warahmatullah. For return back to UK, from KSA, the PCR is no longer required. That is my understanding. You do need the day 2 PCR upon return back to UK. I have no info on what the Jordanians require even for transit through Amman. You check that with their office in London.

Comment

Askm
            I performed Umrah AH on Saturday Oct 16, traveling with my father, mother and wife. Mother was in a wheelchair manned by my wife. Here are some additional info from our experience:

1. App Download/Setup
            a. I recommend at most to ONLY download the app at home country and to NOT try to set it up by creating your account before hand. I thought i was smart and tried it and had difficulties. Other companions waited to setup the app and were successful.

b. If you're landing in Jeddah and exit there, you can get a SIM from the terminal as your earliest opportunity. If you are in transit from Jeddah to Medina (as I was) you are still "inside" the airport and there was not a stall for the mobile carriers (STC, Mobile, Zain). I had to wait until I got to Medina.
            b.1 as Ismail bhai said, the apps are NOT tied to the SIM, but you need to be able to successfully receive SMS for 2-factor login - which is hit or miss with non-Saudi SIMs.

c. My relative with his mother had reservations at Dallah Taiba Hotel (outside Ladies Gate 25 (numbers now changed but that's another tidbit)), and Dallah Taiba would not let him check-in until he got the Tawakalna App setup for both he and his mother and they can verify Immune status. The PCR test taken 48h prior to departure nor the Vaccination records were accepted by Dallah Taiba as they insisted on the app. This is the rule simply being adhered to by the hotel. Fortunately Mobily is open 24/7 outside Fahd gate and he was able to get setup and check-in.

d. Myself, upon clearing immigration in Jeddah and waiting on transit flight to Medina, I tried to register on the app while still using my USA SIM but the SMS message with 4-digit code for verification was never received by my phone. Only after landing in Medina al Munawarrah, and in route to our hotel, did the SMS work, so I was able to get Tawakalna for myself setup on my phone.

e. Upon arrivat at my hotel Golden Tulip Al Zahbi (former Golden Al Ansar) the security guy asked to check my Tawakalna, let me in, and never again did anyone ask me for it. Nor did they ask my parents and wife upon initial arrival (thankfully as I didnt have them setup with SIMS and apps).

f. Regarding checking the apps, aside from my hotel security guard initial check, no other shop (hotel, restaurant, shop, etc) ever asked to see Tawakalna covid status. The only people that would ask be those Haram security guards outside the sehen/courtyard. And even they dont read it, they just see if you're flashing something or not, or if the screen looks right, etc. it's half-hazard (when I was locked out of my account, I used my father's phone at times to go in and pray, once i had a screenshot of his covid status even though the QR code does not show on screenshot or photo, and they didnt bother checking that level and let me in - NOTE i dont advise this at all and only did so due to some circumstances).

g. The only place anyone READ the app was the Permit for Umrah in Makkah for the reservation. So in Medina, after that intial security, no other guards and other points check the app, not even the ones at the door of the masjid.

h. another friend went for Umrah 3 hours ahead of his scheduled time as he was free and he said they guard only looked at the Umrah reservation date and not the time and let him in.

i. My mother and wife tried to go see the Kabaa next morning and declared that intention to see Kabaa for 5 min. The guard checked their app and said the Umrah was for previous day and he will not let them in. Mom insisted, the guard checked with his supervisor, and after 5min, they were let in (surprisingly) I dont think this will work all the time, and wont work at all for men as Mataf is only for Umrah people and men have to wear Ihraam, and regular clothes would stand out and thus not be allowed.

j. my cellphone was evidently locked so I could not install a SIM. I used my father's phone, removed his SIM and put mine in, registered successfully, then used the login credentials on my USA SIM phone to long for the apps. This was fine as long as I didnt logout of the apps in my USA phone. If i did, the login requires SMS 2FA and I had to again swap SIMS on my father's phone to enter on my USA Phone to log back in. I thought this was useful info. I'm guessing an old style non-smartphone would be able to accept SMS and then the smartphone can be used to login, or logout/login on smartphone but havent tested it.

2. Booking Timeframe Info
            a. The initial system required Tourist visa people to wait 72 after immigration to book. When I arrived on Oct 11th, and setup on Oct 12th on the app, I was able to book for Oct 13th. Means it did not require me to wait 72 hours, and perhaps 13th was only due to lack of availability on the 12th. You may be able to book permits for Umrah, Ziyarath before the 72 hours

b. Previously you were eligible to repeat Umrah and other things after 30 days. Now (Oct 18) the system says I have to wait 15 days when I attempt to choose another permit for something I've done.

c. You can make a reservation, then cancel it, and rebook a different available timeslot. I was sceptical they would allow that, but AH they did.

d. Keeping checking everyday for availability as initially my Mother had Oct 25 as earliest available for Visiting the Prophet SAW. 2 days later I saw Oct 20 and 21 and booked the 20th. So keep checking if you dont like your timeslot options.

e. A local person said at least one update on time slots is at noon local time. I havent had a need to test it.

This was my experience. Yours may be different and it depends on the guard, their mood, the enforcement level, etc.
            Last edited by lazy; 18-10-21, 07:06 AM. Reason: spelling and spacing

Comment

Umra Mabrouk.
              Good update MashaAllah.
              There were many tricks I deployed and could have deployed to get repeated umra. But I would not recommend that for Umra. For salah, I never applied for slots as I simply showed my Tawakkalana and always got in.
              Since then, they have removed the restriction on Umra and from tomorrow you can apply for umra when you want. No requirement to apply for salah permit anymore AlhamdoLillah.
              Tawakkalana is still required for entry into the masjid.
              Tawaf is still not allowed.

Comment

Very good news Ismail Bhai
                indeed you can apply for permit to repeat an item without having to wait 30 or even 15 days now. As an example, today I completed the "Praying in the Noble Rawdah - Men" and upon the time slot ending, I went back into the app and was able to book a time slot from available options, with no pop-up window stating I need to wait 'x' amount of days.

Second relaxation: Spacing and Masks:
                Spacing in masjid is no longer at 2m. They removed the sticker on the rugs and you can now stand shoulder to shoulder as of either Sunday Oct 17th or Monday Oct 18th.
                Masks: Masks are required to enter the masjid, in gatherings of 50+ i heard, but no longer in shops, restaurants

Comment

Originally posted by SALAH100 View Post
                  Asalaamualaikum Uncle Ismail & all,

I am planning on flying with Royal Jordanian airline to Saudi for Umrah later in the month.

I have one question, would I need a PCR test on the way back from Saudi, my transit is on Queen Alia airport.

If I do, any recommendations, I plan on flying back from JED.

Jazāk Allāhu Khayran.
                  Askm
                  Where did you end up getting your PCR test in Saudia prior to departure?

Comment

Ismail bhai and others,
                    The comment "No requirement to apply for salah permit anymore AlhamdoLillah" is this indeed the case that in Makkah you no longer need to book 'permit' reservation for Salah in the Haram?

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post

Askm
                      Where did you end up getting your PCR test in Saudia prior to departure?
                      Walaikumsalaam,

I got it in a lab in Makkah, the lab is called.

Al Borg Medical Laboratories

It cost just under 105 Saudi Riyal and result was same day.

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post
                        Ismail bhai and others,
                        The comment "No requirement to apply for salah permit anymore AlhamdoLillah" is this indeed the case that in Makkah you no longer need to book 'permit' reservation for Salah in the Haram?
                        Permit are required to pray in Makkah, inside the Masjid.

Only in Madinah, permit isn't required.

Comment

I confirm what SALAH has posted in response to Lazy. Now that nifil tawaf is allowed, on 1st floor, permit has to be sought through Eatamarana where three daily slots of three hours each is available to select from.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X