Questions and answers on umra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions and answers on umra

I received the following question from a member of this forum. I feel it is an important one and the answer will benefit everyone else interested in the current state of Umra.

" Salaam Alaykum Dear bro Ismail.
    I am due to fly out for umra on oct 6, landing in Jeddah for Oct 7.
    I really want to do umra first, and just wanted to know, in your experience or any contact you have had with folks, is the tawwakkalna registration instant upon landing and getting sim, provided i have submitted my vaccinations max 72 hours in advance of my departure .......

some one is saying it could take time (like. a couple of days )

another couple of folks got it right when they landed ......

I would like to go to Jeddah in Ihram, I can wait like half a day if I have to ...

Let me answer each question in the order it is raised.

1. Wa Alaikum Salam Warahmatullah.
    I returned back from my Umra visit a few hours earlier today. I went last month too. There is a slight development between my two visits within a period of one month.

2. Q. I am due to fly out for umra on oct 6, landing in Jeddah for Oct 7.
    A I wish you a safe journey and a fulfilling Maqbool Umrah...Aameen.

3. Q. I really want to do umra first, and just wanted to know, in your experience or any contact you have had with folks, is the tawwakkalna registration instant upon landing
    A. You start the process of downloading whilst still in UK using your UK Sim. The two apps are separate but linked to each other and to all relevant saudi governmental departments.
    Hence it is practically a mean for the Saudis to keep a tab on your movements.
    The apps wont allow you to complete it until you have cleared the Saudi immigration. However, whatever you download and fill in will be saved so you can then complete the process
    once you have been stamped in.
    You must complete and activate the Tawakkalana App. Only then can you complete the Eatamarana App.
    That can be done using your UK Sim. The Apps are not tied to any country's Sim.
    It is better to buy your Saudi Sim at the airport of your arrival ensuring that you have sufficient capacity for WIFI.
    It is the PCR, AL MUQEEM that needs to be completed 72 hours before departure or after but not before. You must also print out your NHS letter confirming you have had the
    the two doses of vaccinations done. And you must also fill in the FCO's Locator form which will not allow you to complete until 72 hours before your return back to UK.
    It is a good idea if you have an adroid tablet with you or a lap top. Otherwise an adroid handset/ smart phone or iphone is a MUST.

4. Q. some one is saying it could take time (like. a couple of days ) another couple of folks got it right when they landed ......
    A. If you are travelling using Tourism Visa, Visitor Visa, Business Visa etc ( except an Umra Visa) you will NOT get an Umra slot for 72 hours from the time of your immigration
    clearance. This is the "institutional quarantine" triggered automatically.
    Only those travelling on Umra Visa will get an umra slot of their choosing facilitated by the Umra company that your UK agent is contracted to. Also, if you are a group of 20 then
    the Umra company will also obtain a salah slot for you.
    Hence, you might as well go to Madina first and spend the three days of waiting for umra slot in Madina. You will have to check every day to get a salah slot on Eatamarana App.
    Getting a salah slot is sheer pot luck. Some day you will get all 5 salah and on other, none at all.

5. Q. I would like to go to Jeddah in Ihram, I can wait like half a day if I have to ...
    A. IHRAM is a description of your status and not what you are wearing. The two piece of white sheets for men is a must if you make a Niyya for Umra or for Haj. If you put on the two
    piece of white sheet and not make the Niyyah then those two piece are simply your garment.
    Given my answers to your question, I dont think it is wise for you to land in Jedda in the "state" of Ihram ( not as garment) if you cant enter the Haram to perform umra before next 72
    hours at least?

I trust I have answered your questions.

Feel free to ask if you have some more using this thread so that others can benefit too InshaAllah.

VERY useful info as always.
    Heading out Sunday Inshallah and will benefit from this.

One question, upon returning back from Saudi, you mentioned "FCO Locator", can you elaborate on that process?
    And on option for getting PCR test 72 before RETURN flight from Saudi while in Medina?

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-c...fore-travel-uk

Connect to this link and read the detail and take the steps as directed.

Umra Mabrouk.

Comment

Asalaamualaikum Uncle Ismail & all,

I am planning on flying with Royal Jordanian airline to Saudi for Umrah later in the month.

I have one question, would I need a PCR test on the way back from Saudi, my transit is on Queen Alia airport.

If I do, any recommendations, I plan on flying back from JED.

Jazāk Allāhu Khayran.

Comment

Wa Alaikum Salam Warahmatullah. For return back to UK, from KSA, the PCR is no longer required. That is my understanding. You do need the day 2 PCR upon return back to UK. I have no info on what the Jordanians require even for transit through Amman. You check that with their office in London.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X