Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lazy
    replied
    The luggage was through checked, but in Riyadh did you have to claim the luggage, clear customs, and re-check the luggage? Or customs occurred in Medina?

Leave a comment:

• Traveller3
    replied
    Originally posted by Sisterinislam View Post
    Jzk for all info everyone.
    Has anyone flew with saudia London via Riyadh to Madinah? I normally go via jeddah but it's showing shorter connections via Riyadh. Any reviews/suggestion would be helpful.
    Also where is everyone having the return to UK covid test done and how much is it?
    In-shaa-Allah going 2nd Oct.
    And is the date/kajoor market in Madinah shut, where is everyone buying dates from?
    I flew from Heathrow to Madinah via Riyadh on Saudi Airlines in August. I had 2.5 hours between flights and this was adequate. You do have to change terminals after passport control but there is a free bus service, I had to wait around ten minutes for the bus. Luggage was through checked all the way to Madinah.

Leave a comment:

• Ismail Simjee
    replied
    Wa Alaikum Salam WR. My advise is to steer well clear of this agent. He or she is a liar, period.
    A tourism visa is available to UK national only. It is valid for 1 year with multiple entries. Stay can be upto 1 month each time or a one stay of 90 days.
    That agent clearly is confusing you with a Business Visa which can be from a 6 month multiple entries to 5 years multiple entries. The requirement, for a Business visa, is far reaching and is intended only for genuine business purpose between two companies which has a common trade.,ie a textile material manufacturer and a textile retailer or a Tour Company in KSA and a travel agent in UK etc.

Leave a comment:

• .khayriyyah.
    replied
    Originally posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
    Al Borg Diagnostic. https://alborgdx.com/en/home/

I suggest you get a taxi to take you to the vegetable wholesale markets, either in Madina or in Makka. Good quality dates and extremely good price and almost all different types.

Its been 15 years since I have been buying mine from these wholesale market. The best date for consuming is what the Saudis eat....Sukkari. At the wholesale market, I paid SR25 for 3 Kg box.

The same date sells, in shops if open, in Clock Tower Makkah mall for SR50 per kilo.

We heard from a couple travel agents that recently Saudi started offering a tourist visa that is much like the old business visas. The agent said that it lasts for 5 years and you have to leave the country and come back every 6 months. Because we don't know anyone who has used it, we are hesitant to make the purchase. Do you know anything about it?

Leave a comment:

• Ismail Simjee
    replied
    Al Borg Diagnostic. https://alborgdx.com/en/home/

I suggest you get a taxi to take you to the vegetable wholesale markets, either in Madina or in Makka. Good quality dates and extremely good price and almost all different types.

Its been 15 years since I have been buying mine from these wholesale market. The best date for consuming is what the Saudis eat....Sukkari. At the wholesale market, I paid SR25 for 3 Kg box.

The same date sells, in shops if open, in Clock Tower Makkah mall for SR50 per kilo.

Leave a comment:

• Sisterinislam
    replied
    Jzk for all info everyone.
    Has anyone flew with saudia London via Riyadh to Madinah? I normally go via jeddah but it's showing shorter connections via Riyadh. Any reviews/suggestion would be helpful.
    Also where is everyone having the return to UK covid test done and how much is it?
    In-shaa-Allah going 2nd Oct.
    And is the date/kajoor market in Madinah shut, where is everyone buying dates from?

Leave a comment:

• Ismail Simjee
    replied
    Originally posted by SisterAyesha View Post

Salaams currently in Madinah, Madinah is pretty much back to normal in terms of restrictions, however very quiet, alot of shops are closed, which includes the Taiba centre only a few are open inside.

Men don’t have to book to go and give Salaams to the Prophet P.B.U.H, however they have to book to visit the rawdah and so do the women, once you have been you can’t go to the rawdah again for another 30 days which is a shame really.

Mosque for women closes 20 mins after isha not sure about men and re-opens at tahajjud unless you have a rawdah slot.

You have to have your phone with you all the time and show your covid status on the Tawakkalna app everywhere you go from thr mosque, hotels and shops.
    Permit for salutation visits and permit for prayers in Rawdah must be acquired for males and females. This rule has not been relaxed.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ismail Simjee
    replied
    As sister Ayesha says, everyone has to show their immunisation status to security wherever they go in KSA. So, a handset is a must. And the handset must be kept charged all the time too as dead battery is no excuse.

Leave a comment:

• Ismail Simjee
    replied
    Originally posted by lazy View Post
    Allah accept your Ibadath, Umrah, Ziyrath sister.
    Thanks for sharing the sister specific info. Please continue to share any other sister specific info as my mother will be going in October and anything I can inform her, prepare her would be greatly beneficial.

Smartphones:
    My mother has one, as do I. My father does not.
    Would I be able to reserve his time slot as well as my timeslot for Rawdah (and Umrah and Salah in Makkah)? Or does he need his own device?
    Same question regarding having to show vaccine status, can the app on my phone show vaccine status for multiple people or just one (in which case I need to get a smartphone for him).
    Everyone must have their own app to show their covid immunisation which is possible only if they have their own handset and which must be an android or iphone. And same applies when seeeking permit for prayer/salutation in Rawdah or for umra and salah in masjid e haram.

Leave a comment:

• lazy
    replied
    Allah accept your Ibadath, Umrah, Ziyrath sister.
    Thanks for sharing the sister specific info. Please continue to share any other sister specific info as my mother will be going in October and anything I can inform her, prepare her would be greatly beneficial.

Smartphones:
    My mother has one, as do I. My father does not.
    Would I be able to reserve his time slot as well as my timeslot for Rawdah (and Umrah and Salah in Makkah)? Or does he need his own device?
    Same question regarding having to show vaccine status, can the app on my phone show vaccine status for multiple people or just one (in which case I need to get a smartphone for him).

Leave a comment:

• SisterAyesha
    replied
    Mashallah! Mabrook on the trip. May Allah accept your duas.
    Salaams currently in Madinah, Madinah is pretty much back to normal in terms of restrictions, however very quiet, alot of shops are closed, which includes the Taiba centre only a few are open inside.

Men don’t have to book to go and give Salaams to the Prophet P.B.U.H, however they have to book to visit the rawdah and so do the women, once you have been you can’t go to the rawdah again for another 30 days which is a shame really.

Mosque for women closes 20 mins after isha not sure about men and re-opens at tahajjud unless you have a rawdah slot.

You have to have your phone with you all the time and show your covid status on the Tawakkalna app everywhere you go from thr mosque, hotels and shops.

Leave a comment:

• lazy
    replied
    Originally posted by SisterAyesha View Post
    lazy Ameen jzk

“Breaking news for #umrah: brothers no longer need to book a time slot - via the Eatmarna app - for visiting the beloved (peace be upon him).

Brothers can now present themselves for salaam whenever Masjid Nabawi is open ❤️.”
    ❤️

Leave a comment:

• SisterAyesha
    replied
    lazy Ameen jzk

“Breaking news for #umrah: brothers no longer need to book a time slot - via the Eatmarna app - for visiting the beloved (peace be upon him).

Brothers can now present themselves for salaam whenever Masjid Nabawi is open ❤️.”

Leave a comment:

• lazy
    replied
    Mashallah! Mabrook on the trip. May Allah accept your duas.

Leave a comment:

• SisterAyesha
    replied
    Is a Meningitis vaccine needed on a Tourist Visa if you're going for Umrah?

In the past, "Umrah Visa" required Meningitis Vaccine.
    Salaams, in the past although a requirement they never really checked, i’ve always taken mine with me but never been checked, however i’ve had friends there the past 2 weeks and they have said with some of them they requested the copy the others they didn’t. So not really worth taking the risk. Take it with you, if they ask give it if not keep it by you.

Insha’Allah going this weekend, i shall keep you all posted with any new changes etc

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X