Tourist visa for saudi arabia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SisterAyesha View Post

jzk for your response brother, we are going Madinah first, do you think i would be able to pre book the Makkah Salaah slots from Madinah or is it very difficult?

And have you heard of any talks of nafl tawafs being allowed and restrictions further easing in Makkah? Now that more and more internationals are booking.
    Askm Sister Ayesha,
    Around what dates are you planning on going? Would like to see how things evolve as more and more pilgrims arrive, and more slots become available and your updates would be appreciated when you go as well.

I'm going mid-Oct iA and will post as well.

Comment

Assalamulaikum. JazakAllah to everyone for the updates, very informative. InshaAllah we are hoping to go 1st week of October. Hope Saudia will start operating from Manchester soon.

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post

Askm Sister Ayesha,
        Around what dates are you planning on going? Would like to see how things evolve as more and more pilgrims arrive, and more slots become available and your updates would be appreciated when you go as well.

I'm going mid-Oct iA and will post as well.
        Wassalam, we are going 1st week of September Insha'Allah so Insha'Allah hoping restrictions have further lifted by then as more and more internationals are booking.

I will keep you posted, should there be any changes whilst we are there.

Comment

My time in the holy cities has come to an end and I will be returning to the UK. There is a final point I want to make and it is probably the most important:
          My Umrah experience this time was nothing like any of my previous pre-pandemic experiences.

It was restrictive and many public amenities in both Madinah and Makkah are still closed.
          Last edited by Traveller3; 16-08-21, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Can you elaborate on the public amenities part?

Comment

Can you elaborate on the public amenities part?
              Most noticeable are shops and food places. Between 50 to 70% are closed in both cities. Some hotels are also closed or operating with a reduced service. Other services like Money Exchange are also either closed or operating on reduced hours.

Comment

Will not be surprised if the those dim wits in Al-Saud Arabia move the goalposts and declare you need the Booster to perform Umrah in the next couple of Months.

Comment

Zam Zam was not available at Jeddah Airport Terminal 1 which is the new terminal used by Saudia. No one seemed to know the reason why or when it will be available again.

Comment

Another valuable piece of information. Will need to plan ahead by trying to get those official zam zam 5L boxed bottles ahead of time before going to airport.

I also heard the zamzam water coolers are not in the masjids anymore. They were planning on having water bottles to hand-out for those in the masjid. Can you share your experience?

(btw, I wonder how Br Ismail's travels/experience is going)

Comment

Originally posted by Traveller3 View Post
                      My time in the holy cities has come to an end and I will be returning to the UK. There is a final point I want to make and it is probably the most important:
                      My Umrah experience this time was nothing like any of my previous pre-pandemic experiences.

It was restrictive and many public amenities in both Madinah and Makkah are still closed.
                      Salaams Brother, a question regarding the Muqeem portal, did you put your UK contact number on there or the Saudi Sim number? As i note you mentioned that you struggled to receive verification codes on the UK sim so you had to get a saudi sim, so was wondering how the data uploaded on Muqeem was transferred. As i have been told the data uploaded on Muqeem is communicated through the Tawakalna app.

Comment

Another valuable piece of information. Will need to plan ahead by trying to get those official zam zam 5L boxed bottles ahead of time before going to airport.

I also heard the zamzam water coolers are not in the masjids anymore. They were planning on having water bottles to hand-out for those in the masjid. Can you share your experience?

(btw, I wonder how Br Ismail's travels/experience is going)
                        There are no self serve Zam Zam coolers in the Holy Mosques at the moment. However, it is readily available from distribution points where staff will give you a cup of Zam Zam water or a packaged bottle. Bottled water was not always Zam Zam.

Comment

Salaams Brother, a question regarding the Muqeem portal, did you put your UK contact number on there or the Saudi Sim number? As i note you mentioned that you struggled to receive verification codes on the UK sim so you had to get a saudi sim, so was wondering how the data uploaded on Muqeem was transferred. As i have been told the data uploaded on Muqeem is communicated through the Tawakalna app.
                          I did not have my Saudi Sim when I entered my data into the Muqeem portal. I am pretty sure a telephone number was not needed for the Muqeem process.

Vaccination data entered in Muqeem does make it to the Tawakalna App. I suspect the linkage between the two is your passport number and date of birth which you are asked to enter in both.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveller3 View Post

I did not have my Saudi Sim when I entered my data into the Muqeem portal. I am pretty sure a telephone number was not needed for the Muqeem process.

Vaccination data entered in Muqeem does make it to the Tawakalna App. I suspect the linkage between the two is your passport number and date of birth which you are asked to enter in both.
                            Jzk for your response, in respect of the PCR test on resturn where in saudi do you get it done? As the UK gov requirement is you do one in Saudi and then do the Day 2 one on return?

Comment

Jzk for your response, in respect of the PCR test on resturn where in saudi do you get it done? As the UK gov requirement is you do one in Saudi and then do the Day 2 one on return?
                              I used the hotel to arrange this for me.

The hotel doctor took the sample at the hotel and the results were back in 24 hours. The cost was 350 SAR.

Comment

Assalamo Alaikum WR everyone. AlhamdoLillah, I got back home yesterday evening from my visit to KSA.

My visit was purely commercial with Umra, as an option if it was granted by the authorities.

SubhanAllah, I did get the permit to perform Umra far more quicker then I had expected.

I must applaud "Traveller3" for the very comprehensive posts on his/her experience. I could not have given a better update. So, to all who aspire to go soon, please read his/her posts as it is pretty accurate. His posts covers almost everything anyone may want to know before departing for their umra.

Although the Umra Visas has started and a few agents, myself included, have active system in place, this venue should not be considered especially if you are a legal UK resident with foreign nationality as that route is wrought with uncertainties.

And most agents with active license are not that trustworthy either with some offering glorified 5 star packages at rock bottom rates too good to believe.

Airline fares are high if you fly Saudia but, on the other hand, it flies you direct into Jedda. If you fly through Riyadh then the fares are cheaper if you took other carriers such as Gulf Air ( I flew on that saving around £180).

As Traveller says, you will need a saudi SIM and an android handset for everyone travelling with you. The Tawakkalana app is a must for everyone because you will be asked to produce your immunity from covid by almost every shops, transport, restaurants and hotels and the Harmain Sharifains.

The two apps are best downloaded whilst you are in UK but activated only after you buy a saudi SIM with wifi option and free local calls only. Using the Saudi SIM will still get you whatapp access on your UK number. You cannot use whatapp for phone calls in Saudi.

As Traveller says, entry into Masjid Nabavi for salah does not require a permit. Permit needed only for prayer in Rawdah or salutation...two separate permits. Entries in these areas are on specific times only. You can stay inside masjid nabavi prayer area as long as you like from fajar to eisha but leave soon after eisha.

Umra permit, for foreigners, is available only after 3rd day of their arrival. Likewise, permit for Rawdah in Madina.

As Traveller 3 says, very few hotels and shops or restaurants are open. Plan your trip accordingly with that in mind.

Zamzam water is given out by appointed dispensers in both masajids. The water flasks or tanks are no longer there. Airports no longer sell zamzam water in packed cartons. Airliners will allow you 5 litres each if you have bought or found the retailed box yourself.

And you dont need to go to jamaraat or kudai depots to go to haram for your umra as long as you have that permit on your ettimarana app.

InshaAllah, I will be tailoring umra packages very soon. Meanwhile, I can acquire your tourism visa if required.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X