No announcement yet.

Tourist visa for saudi arabia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ismail Simjee for being our UF resident Hajj/Umrah agent!

I think i'll just wait a few years for this covid mess to die down before going...
    Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

I arrived in Saudi Arabia today on a Tourist Visa with a UK passport. There are some things about the new process I learnt today which I want to share to help anyone considering coming.
      • Get a local SIM card. The Apps all allow you use a UK Number but the SMS verification messages does not always work for the UK phones. I wasted several hours trying to get this working, process was much more stable once I got a local SIM.
      • No permits are issued for the first 3 days of your arrival in the Kingdom so plan accordingly. This includes permits for Rawdah and Salaam.
      • Umrah slots were freely available including for today (although I would not be able to book because of above). There was also availability in the future but less slots on Friday.
      • Getting permits to pray Salaah in Makkah seems to be the biggest challenge with little availability this week.
      I have been viewing the forum for several years to help plan my trips so hope this helps others.

Comment

Traveller3
        Allah accept your Ziyarath, Umrah, Ibadath
        Allah give you endless rewards for sharing this INVALUABLE info
        And PLEASE do keep these coming.
        (I have made airline tix purchase via Saudia for Umrah via Tourist visa with my parents and wife for mid-October thus keenly monitoring any info i can find)

SIM/Apps questions:

1. Regarding local SIM - does your phone dual SIM? If so, were you using it in that manner or replacing/swapping SIMs?

2. In the past, I kept my smartphone (iphone) with my USA carrier, and used a Samsung non-smartphone/oldstyle with buttons for keys 0-9 type with the local SIM i obtain after showing passport with Mobily/STC/Zain. I assume now I would need to install the Saudi SIM on my smarthphone, please comment.

3. Are the SMS verification mandatory for showing for entry for a reservation? If not, I would be able to simply show the app booking while staying on my USA SIM.

4. No permits/booking is allowed for first 3 days after arrival despite app showing available slots, is what I understand you stating. Understood. This is why Ismail bhai is advising travel in/out of Medina Al Munawarrah.

Jazakallah!

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post
          Traveller3
          Allah accept your Ziyarath, Umrah, Ibadath
          Allah give you endless rewards for sharing this INVALUABLE info
          And PLEASE do keep these coming.
          (I have made airline tix purchase via Saudia for Umrah via Tourist visa with my parents and wife for mid-October thus keenly monitoring any info i can find)

SIM/Apps questions:

1. Regarding local SIM - does your phone dual SIM? If so, were you using it in that manner or replacing/swapping SIMs?

2. In the past, I kept my smartphone (iphone) with my USA carrier, and used a Samsung non-smartphone/oldstyle with buttons for keys 0-9 type with the local SIM i obtain after showing passport with Mobily/STC/Zain. I assume now I would need to install the Saudi SIM on my smarthphone, please comment.

3. Are the SMS verification mandatory for showing for entry for a reservation? If not, I would be able to simply show the app booking while staying on my USA SIM.

4. No permits/booking is allowed for first 3 days after arrival despite app showing available slots, is what I understand you stating. Understood. This is why Ismail bhai is advising travel in/out of Medina Al Munawarrah.

Jazakallah!

1. I have a separate phone for the local SIM and am essentially using it as a WiFi hotspot.

2. I don’t want to comment on individual circumstances as even phone capabilities vary.

3. SMS verification is required to log into the Apps both the first time and any subsequent log ins.

4. The point I was making was subtlety different. To be explicit, even in Madinah you cannot get a permit for the first 3 days so the only things you can do in Madinah is attend salaah for this period.

Comment

Assalamo Alaikum. I am on my way to London heathrow to fly to Saudi Arabia and arrive tomorrow InshaAllah. I may have new info once I have spent a few days there. InshaAllah I will be preparing umra packages.

Comment

Some further observations:
              • Immigration - For the first time I have experienced the agent needing to take copies of my documents, this only appeared to be for Tourist visa holders. The agent needed to leave the desk to make the copies so if you want to save time it may be an idea to have copies available. Documents requested was my Tourist Visa, Official Vaccination Record, and Muqeem registration.
              • Tawakkalna App - This proves your immunity status and is asked for each and every time you enter a public space. Your status needs to be an acceptable status to enter not only the Holy Mosques but also shops, restaurants, shopping centres, etc. Even the hotel will ask for it when you check in. This App is used by every person in Saudi, visitor or not.
              • Eatmarna App - This is managed by the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah and is used to apply for permits for access to the Holy Mosques both in Makkah and Madinah. It is linked to the Tawakkalna App, you need to be 'Immune' in Tawakkalna to be able to register in Eatmarna. Furthermore, once permits are approved in Eatmarna they appear in Tawakkalna.

For a seamless process so many records need to be aligned as they are captured in different ways but all dependent on each other. To name a few, Passport Record, Visa Record, Immigration Entry Record, Vaccine Record, Permit Records.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveller3 View Post
                I arrived in Saudi Arabia today on a Tourist Visa with a UK passport. There are some things about the new process I learnt today which I want to share to help anyone considering coming.
                • Get a local SIM card. The Apps all allow you use a UK Number but the SMS verification messages does not always work for the UK phones. I wasted several hours trying to get this working, process was much more stable once I got a local SIM.
                • No permits are issued for the first 3 days of your arrival in the Kingdom so plan accordingly. This includes permits for Rawdah and Salaam.
                • Umrah slots were freely available including for today (although I would not be able to book because of above). There was also availability in the future but less slots on Friday.
                • Getting permits to pray Salaah in Makkah seems to be the biggest challenge with little availability this week.
                I have been viewing the forum for several years to help plan my trips so hope this helps others.

Salaams brother, wanted to know if at Jeddah airport they checked your PCR certificate too?

Also for Umrah do you have to go all the way to Kudai and then come back to the haram for Umrah, or providing you have a permit could you just walk in straight from the hotel at your given slot/time?

Comment

Originally posted by SisterAyesha View Post

Salaams brother, wanted to know if at Jeddah airport they checked your PCR certificate too?

Also for Umrah do you have to go all the way to Kudai and then come back to the haram for Umrah, or providing you have a permit could you just walk in straight from the hotel at your given slot/time?
                  I arrived at Riyadh airport and PCR was checked with a Health Form (which was given on the plane) before immigration.

I did book the transportation from Kudai as per the instructions. However, the Concierge at my hotel in Makkah assured me that travelling to Kudai is not necessary and I could just enter directly into the Haram. I used the entrance near the Hilton Suites and the check of my permit was just a glance, it was not even scanned.

Comment

I arrived at Riyadh airport and PCR was checked with a Health Form (which was given on the plane) before immigration.

I did book the transportation from Kudai as per the instructions. However, the Concierge at my hotel in Makkah assured me that travelling to Kudai is not necessary and I could just enter directly into the Haram. I used the entrance near the Hilton Suites and the check of my permit was just a glance, it was not even scanned.

jzk for your response brother, we are going Madinah first, do you think i would be able to pre book the Makkah Salaah slots from Madinah or is it very difficult?

And have you heard of any talks of nafl tawafs being allowed and restrictions further easing in Makkah? Now that more and more internationals are booking.

Comment

jzk for your response brother, we are going Madinah first, do you think i would be able to pre book the Makkah Salaah slots from Madinah or is it very difficult?

And have you heard of any talks of nafl tawafs being allowed and restrictions further easing in Makkah? Now that more and more internationals are booking.
                      Right now I can see limited Makkah Salaah slots for 24, 25, 26 and 28 August. None for 27 August. Very good availability 29 August onwards.

I don’t want to speculate on hearsay as it is not useful for anyone and can lead to disappointment. I want to try and be as factual as possible.

Comment

Right now I can see limited Makkah Salaah slots for 24, 25, 26 and 28 August. None for 27 August. Very good availability 29 August onwards.

I don’t want to speculate on hearsay as it is not useful for anyone and can lead to disappointment. I want to try and be as factual as possible.
                        Thank you, May Allah accept your Umrah and duas.

A sincere dua request if you could please make humble duas Allah lifts all the restrictions asap and Haramains are back to normal again very soon IA and that we have the freedom to ibadah in the harams as and when we please Ameen

if you could please kindly keep us posted of any changes

jzk.

Comment

Some questions for us (Inshallah) upcoming Umrah travellers:
                          1) I assume you're not in Ihram for 3day waiting period. When your booked time arrives, do you still go to Masjid Ayesha as meeqat for putting on Ihram? Or put on Ihram in hotel and go directly to Haram?

2) Can you clarify the timing of the 3day waiting period for Umrah reservation availability via the app? If you arrive Monday, when is the first available slot?
                          Thursday (based on Mon-1, Tue-2, Wed-3), or
                          Friday (based on Tue-1, Wed-2, Thur-3)?

Regarding the apps and booking:
                          3) 4 of us are going, but my parents dont have a smartphone. Can I book for all 4 on my phone? Or does each person need their own smartphone w/app?

4) The SMS for login, so it's like a 2FA - two factor authentication? Each time you login or need confirmation, they send you SMS with code you have to enter on app?

Jzk

Comment

Sorry forgot to ask did they check meningitis certificate? Hearing few people have been asked for it, also is the Muqeem portal straightforward? Do you have to login 72 hours before hand on can we do it few weeks prior to travel? Again hearing people are facing issues login into the portal
                            Last edited by SisterAyesha; 15-08-21, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post

Some questions for us (Inshallah) upcoming Umrah travellers:
                              1) I assume you're not in Ihram for 3day waiting period. When your booked time arrives, do you still go to Masjid Ayesha as meeqat for putting on Ihram? Or put on Ihram in hotel and go directly to Haram?

2) Can you clarify the timing of the 3day waiting period for Umrah reservation availability via the app? If you arrive Monday, when is the first available slot?
                              Thursday (based on Mon-1, Tue-2, Wed-3), or
                              Friday (based on Tue-1, Wed-2, Thur-3)?

Regarding the apps and booking:
                              3) 4 of us are going, but my parents dont have a smartphone. Can I book for all 4 on my phone? Or does each person need their own smartphone w/app?

4) The SMS for login, so it's like a 2FA - two factor authentication? Each time you login or need confirmation, they send you SMS with code you have to enter on app?

Jzk
                              1. I don’t want to comment on individual circumstances, each person should make their own decisions about Ihram just like any Umrah.

2. This cannot be answered with certainty as you only get error messages blocking you from booking permits as opposed to a message saying when you can book from. However, I can say my first permit booked was just over 74 hours after I arrived in the Kingdom.

3. I did not have this scenario so cannot comment.

4. Yes, it is two factor authorisation. SMS sent each time you log in.

Comment

Sorry forgot to ask did they check meningitis certificate? Hearing few people have been asked for it, also is the Muqeem portal straightforward? Do you have to login 72 hours before hand on can we do it few weeks prior to travel? Again hearing people are facing issues login into the portal
                                I was not asked for a meningitis certificate.

I had no issues with Muqeem, completed 5 days before my flight. A simple online form to complete, there is no log in required. You need your Visa Number to start the process and also your flight details.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X