Umrah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umrah

Assalamulaikum any news on when umrah will be opening?

I dont know.

But I did receive an email from a travel agent I've used in the past for Umrah which advertised Umrah packages stating
    "āœˆ Finally its time to fly back in Fall 2020" "Ticket service is back on"

And they advertised a sale airfare for Umrah it seems with Saudi Airlines with dates offered on the airfare (NOTE: they nor I are stating these as Umrah opening dates, rather these are dates from which they are providing airfare tix purchase) starting Nov 1, 2020. So I'm hopeful it has some basis of upcoming Saudi news/decision on thus upcoming Umrah season.

Obviously, I assume all decisions and plans will be pandemic situation dependent, ie subject to change.

Comment

Nobody knows when the Saudis will re-start Umrah. Those agents advertising and marketing the umra package are working blind and such action serves only to show their greed and misleading aspiring pilgrims with false hopes and expectations. I advise people shun and stay away from such reckless agents.

Comment

Originally posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
        Nobody knows when the Saudis will re-start Umrah. Those agents advertising and marketing the umra package are working blind and such action serves only to show their greed and misleading aspiring pilgrims with false hopes and expectations. I advise people shun and stay away from such reckless agents.
        Assalaamu 'Alaykum..

I have a few friends who booked flight tickets to Jeddah at the start of the year, for December 2020/January 2021, and hotel reservations.

What should I advise them? Should they wait and hope the gates are opened or should they look to cancel?

I know that with the FCA not advising "essential travel" to SA, they run the risk of losing their money, right?
        وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
        Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

Has anyone here managed to go Saudi Arabia before?
          Tell me the experience!

Comment

Saudi Gazette article today said Umrah will reopen in a "gradual resumption" phased manner, details to come later.
            But it mentioned some changes in the process which were not clear to me:
            "technical solutions" that will make things better for pilgrims
            "electronic pathways" for pilgrims,
            "necessary followups" I assume 'contact tracing' so that you can be notified if you were in proximity with someone who has been diagnosed with the virus
            and other stuff which i'm unclear about what it means.

Info a week ago mentioned allowing international flights to resume in a phased approach, with GCC people part of the early phase.

Alhumdulillah the Umrah reopening talks are a start!

Comment

Salams,

so saudi have announced phased umrah return yesterday, which goes in 4 stages one stage being international visitors will be allowed from 1st Nov 2020 any umrah agents know if UK is included or is it just selected countries first?

Also once UK citizens can perform umrah how will it work, what is the new process as they have mentioned some app or something? So what is the new process of booking?

if anyone knows please respond jzk in advance

Comment

It is all up in the air as far as international pilgrims are concerned. No one in KSA knows as policy is still evolving. Given the semi lockdown coming in force yesterday for the next 6 months, I cannot see how any UK muslims will get visa to perform umra.

Comment

Also once UK citizens can perform umrah how will it work, what is the new process as they have mentioned some app or something?

Comment

I repeat what I have already posted last week....No one knows how the process will work and when for international pilgrims. And UK's Covid situation is getting worse.

Comment

Originally posted by tyraalim View Post
                      Also once UK citizens can perform umrah how will it work, what is the new process photo stitcher as they have mentioned some app or something?
                      ok thanks for your kind reply.

Comment

Part of me thinks they should prioritise allowing over 65s to go on Hajj and Umrah because many of them might not be alive the following year or well enough to travel (although I know death can hit at any age)... but then again I think due to covid, the elderly are meant to be shielding and protected from crowded places, so it's a tricky one to figure out.

The fact that they allowed Umrah with physical distancing between people seemed like a sensible precaution to me. None of this is easy to figure out.
                        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

The announcement came out on September 13, 2020, from Saudi authorities about the lifting of the travel ban from September 15, 2020. This statement became the headlines later and many concerned people misunderstood it as Saudi Arabia has lifted the complete inbound and outbound ban on travel of every sought. But that is a wrong assumption. This ban lifting is not for everyone but for the people who are specifically traveling with some genuine reasons.

Comment

Assalamulaikum heard international Umrah to open 10th August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Sisterinislam View Post
                              Assalamulaikum heard international Umrah to open 10th August 2021
                              Seems that way, some links FWIW:
                              1) https://saudigazette.com.sa/article/609141
                              2) https://twitter.com/hsharifain/statu...240570881?s=20

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X