Yearly Umrah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yearly Umrah

Last year I did my first Umrah & Alhamdulillah it was life altering.  I am still working on improving myself.  I walked out a better person/muslima than I went into Umrah as.... But while informing family members of my Umrah trip, I learned lot of people take yearly vacation to umrah.  It is just a yearly thing they do.  It was shocking because growing up we took one trip back home every 10 years but it also made sense as an adult we take vacation to different destination every year so why not umrah. Little bit more expensive but manageable for those who already take vacation.............. I never figured out how I feel about it..

Now we (husband and I) are planning on going back home for New Years to see my Inlaws as we have done last few years.  Husband wants to stop in Saudi for 2 nights to do umrah and then go. In past trips we did stopover in whatever country our airline stopped in for 1-2 day to break our journey (because we are spoil) and to vacation: Dubai for Emirati, Doha for Qatar airline...

Is it bad that I am not ready to do another Umrah. I feel like I have not completed my TODO list after first umrah.  Its like going to a meeting and you having action items that you are slowly working on but then going to a follow up meeting without completing those action items.  Is that weird to feel that way? anyone else had similar feeling?     

Using a meeting analogy, it is like giving an update of where you are in your action plan, ask for help if needed.. say if there are road blocks and obstructions etc.. For me personally, I am always looking forward to next Umrah but I don't do yearly instead alternate years Insha'ALLAH. I am approaching my 60th birthday soon, Insha'ALLAH.

Comment

Mashallah alternative year sounds amazing. As I was driving home yesterday I was thinking of it as "maybe this will push me to move faster because I tend to make progress very slow". So maybe its not such a bad idea. Last year's umrah was 2 weeks 100% dedicated to Umrah with no other side plan. This time trying to squeeze in other plan just feels wrong. But IA see how it goes, see if we can even get visa

Comment

Sister, you should be delighted at the opportunity to visit the House of Allah once again and perform Umrah. MashaAllah consider yourself blessed. There are many, many people who deeply yearn to visit the blessed lands and keep saving for a lifetime, but are unable to go. Here, you are being handed the opportunity without putting in much effort and you're needlessly confused.

The to do items in "your" list were prepared by "you". Allah hasn't made their completion a must for a repeat Umrah. In fact, Umrah erases past sins, so even if you have slacked, you're getting an opportunity to have your past record erased and the motivation to begin anew.

Sister, nobody knows what tomorrow will bring or how long one's life will be. So, whenever you get the opportunity to do good or increase your good deeds, you should grab it without dwelling much on it. Never leave anything good for tomorrow. Just think - one prayer you'll pray in the Haram in Makkah will be equivalent to 100,000 prayers prayed elsewhere. Will you be able to do so much ibadah at home?

Allah hasn't asked 100% from us. Just to do the best we can according to our ability. The doubts you're getting are from Shaitan. He knows the lofty rewards that await you if you perform Umrah and he wants you to be deprived of them. So, he's trying to discourage you by thinking you're not good enough, you're not ready etc. Just ignore those negative thoughts and proclaim "Labbaik...Here I am Oh Lord".

Take one step towards Allah and Allah will take ten steps towards you. Walk towards Him and He will run towards you.

Just...GO !!!

It's been around 3 years since I last went for Umrah and I miss the Haramain soo soo much. I really wish I can visit soon, but my husband's Hajj is remaining, so, InshaAllah, we're planning to go for Hajj this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
          Sister, you should be delighted at the opportunity to visit the House of Allah once again and perform Umrah. MashaAllah consider yourself blessed. There are many, many people who deeply yearn to visit the blessed lands and keep saving for a lifetime, but are unable to go. Here, you are being handed the opportunity without putting in much effort and you're needlessly confused.

The to do items in "your" list were prepared by "you". Allah hasn't made their completion a must for a repeat Umrah. In fact, Umrah erases past sins, so even if you have slacked, you're getting an opportunity to have your past record erased and the motivation to begin anew.

Sister, nobody knows what tomorrow will bring or how long one's life will be. So, whenever you get the opportunity to do good or increase your good deeds, you should grab it without dwelling much on it. Never leave anything good for tomorrow. Just think - one prayer you'll pray in the Haram in Makkah will be equivalent to 100,000 prayers prayed elsewhere. Will you be able to do so much ibadah at home?

Allah hasn't asked 100% from us. Just to do the best we can according to our ability. The doubts you're getting are from Shaitan. He knows the lofty rewards that await you if you perform Umrah and he wants you to be deprived of them. So, he's trying to discourage you by thinking you're not good enough, you're not ready etc. Just ignore those negative thoughts and proclaim "Labbaik...Here I am Oh Lord".

Take one step towards Allah and Allah will take ten steps towards you. Walk towards Him and He will run towards you.

Just...GO !!!

It's been around 3 years since I last went for Umrah and I miss the Haramain soo soo much. I really wish I can visit soon, but my husband's Hajj is remaining, so, InshaAllah, we're planning to go for Hajj this year.
          Alhamdulillah this was beautifully said, I needed to read this.

Thank you & I pray Allah grants all your duas.

Comment

Hillarious: everyone thinks they alone deserve to go to hajj/umrah. Understand the point of space limitation, and make way for your brothers and sisters in Islam. Avoid the rush season, like ramadan and Hajj. If you are up for Hajj, don't do it zillion times like many.

Also keep in mind that you must minimize harm before doing good, if thats for others or your own self. Avoid entering haram when you have airborne or other contagious illness. Remember Allah knows whats in your heart.

NB: Allah said every point on earth is eligible for you to pray on. (quote Qur'an)

Comment

Originally posted by Fanta>Mirinda View Post
              Hillarious: everyone thinks they alone deserve to go to hajj/umrah. Understand the point of space limitation, and make way for your brothers and sisters in Islam. Avoid the rush season, like ramadan and Hajj. If you are up for Hajj, don't do it zillion times like many.

Also keep in mind that you must minimize harm before doing good, if thats for others or your own self. Avoid entering haram when you have airborne or other contagious illness. Remember Allah knows whats in your heart.

NB: Allah said every point on earth is eligible for you to pray on. (quote Qur'an)
              When you quote something from the Quran please give the surah and ayah numbers jazakAllah khairun.

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
                Last year I did my first Umrah & Alhamdulillah it was life altering. I am still working on improving myself. I walked out a better person/muslima than I went into Umrah as.... But while informing family members of my Umrah trip, I learned lot of people take yearly vacation to umrah. It is just a yearly thing they do. It was shocking because growing up we took one trip back home every 10 years but it also made sense as an adult we take vacation to different destination every year so why not umrah. Little bit more expensive but manageable for those who already take vacation.............. I never figured out how I feel about it..

Now we (husband and I) are planning on going back home for New Years to see my Inlaws as we have done last few years. Husband wants to stop in Saudi for 2 nights to do umrah and then go. In past trips we did stopover in whatever country our airline stopped in for 1-2 day to break our journey (because we are spoil) and to vacation: Dubai for Emirati, Doha for Qatar airline...

Is it bad that I am not ready to do another Umrah. I feel like I have not completed my TODO list after first umrah. Its like going to a meeting and you having action items that you are slowly working on but then going to a follow up meeting without completing those action items. Is that weird to feel that way? anyone else had similar feeling?

Just go sister inshaAllah.

So many people don't have the opportunity and ahumdulillah you are been given the opportunity to go so take it.

Perhaps going for another umrah will motivate you to do stuff on your to do list once you get back.

Also we never know when such opportunities will arise again and life is so short anyway.

Make your intention and go for it and whilst you are there do dua for your fellow ummah members.

May Allah swt make yours a safe and blessed journey. Ameen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post

When you quote something from the Quran please give the surah and ayah numbers jazakAllah khairun.
                  Hi, thanks for the advice. I'd love to give the ayah and surah number but I don't remember it from the top of my head. Anyhow, I understand its important to complete the reference, so may I ask of any good websites that can run a search on the translation to pinpoint the string of words to the exact ayah?

JazakAllah khair.

Comment

Jzk to everyone for the nice response, especially to Twinklingstar. I am excited about going now. Also this being 2nd time means I will spent less time figuring my way around and more time ibadath, assuming that time of month doesn't hit.

In perfect world, I would go for Hajj this year and then in future go for umrah. Hajj is fardh but as female mahram situation gets difficult as my husband is not ready for hajj & my brother went with all men group few years ago. So I will take what I can get and inshallah will be in position to do hajj in future.

Comment

I hope to go to Hajj next year in sha Allah. Please do make dua for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X