Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Availability of allergen-free food

Salam,

Can anyone confirm that plant-based milks are available in makkah/madinah? I've tried emailing bin dawood supermarket but they didn't reply, and the answers we got on g00gle maps didn't sound definitive. I don't fancy spending 4 weeks coughing like a TB sufferer :( And I'd rather not fill my suitcase with soya milk if I can help it, as I drink about 2 cartons a week!

They wouldn't add dairy to bread would they? Just simple wholemeal loaves should be easy to find?

How much money should I take to cover food costs? I can't eat the hotel stuff, all brown things. I can easily live off steamed potatoes and veg, and sandwiches, roughly how much money would that cost, does anyone know? We're going for 4 weeks. Also they must sell ready salted crisps, right? How much would they cost for a multipack? I know I must sound stupid, but there are so few foods I can bear to eat, and with the milk and egg allergy, even less that I can without feeling unwell. I've already lost a lot of weight recently, I don't want to waste away, nor be a burden to the others because of not getting enough to eat and feeling faint or whatever. So that's why I'm quite worried about this.

Jazakallah everyone.

PS I did notice they sell all the different coloured carrots in bin dawood! yAy! And there should be a good selection of fruit available?
    Islamic Prints
    ~~~Muslim Vegan~~~
    PALEO!

Enormity = wicked act. Enormousness = great size. The difference: you can haz. Learn it, love it.
Working...
X