Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by you5uf View Post

JKL. Pray all goes well
    I just handed in my passports yesterday and the travel agents said that my brother who has a new passport does not have to pay the penalty the rest of us had to pay.

Comment

I was thinking about this topic for some time now, Insha'ALLAH I am planning Umrah with my family at end 2019 by which time none of my family members will need to pay for the VISA fees.

But this topic about renewing of passports is bugging me a bit, I think it is unwise to say someone would lie because they are planning to save money, these are human laws and humans are allowed to make adjustments to maximise their financial decisions.

Like if you see same item for a cheaper price, there should be no harm to buy at cheaper price right?

Comment

It is a tricky one. I think if someone renews their passport as a matter of need due to expiry or damage and as a result does not need to pay the fee then fair enough. But to renew passport to avoid paying the fee imposed by the host country is not something I would be comfortable with. Sincerity of intention is key. We all try to save money where we can be it price match hotels, online flights etc. But this is different.....no? It's a set rule - I'm not trying to justify the fees either way but the fee is a pre-requisite of umrah visa which has to paid by those who fall under the category. To avoid it by renewing passports is ..... dodging the system. Each one has to weigh up the financial gain against spiritual and moral loss.

InShaAllah Allah accepts all our intentions and grants us the means to visit the Haramain time and time again.....Aameen.

Comment

Learnt something new today. If your passport is truly damaged (as was mine, the chip wasn't working). HMPO sent me a new passport with an apology and also refunded the costs. Amazing...

Comment

Originally posted by Ummati786 View Post
            the fee is a pre-requisite of umrah visa which has to paid by those who fall under the category.
            This is where the contentious issue is. Umrah VISA is man made law.

Comment

[QUOTE=Zulkifli;n12589237]
              This is where the contentious issue is. Umrah VISA is man made law.

No doubt you are right but there are many man made laws which means having to pay for something we do not necessarily agree with but we do..... I guess. I understand the feelings about the fees but they are what they are and unfortunately it increases costs (as it did for me last year - we are a family 5). Although I was disappointed and annoyed by the fee, which was introduced months after flights and hotel was booked, I accepted with the intention of spending towards the maintenance of the Haramain (where or not the recipients do it or not is not for me my intention was there) and I hope Allah will reward me for it.

I suggest people do not look at the fees as a burden or tax but see it as an opportunity to spend extra in Allah's path and InShaAllah the rewards and returns will be multiple the fee paid.

I am not trying to disagree with anyone's views or stance on fees merely giving and opinion and suggestion from my own experience of having paid the fee which was introduced shortly before we were due to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Ummati786 View Post
                But to renew passport to avoid paying the fee imposed by the host country is not something I would be comfortable with. Sincerity of intention is key
                I have no issue about the VISA fees, just that we should not call out those with intent to save money as not being sincere.. the VISA is man created law and is not part of rituals of Umrah. I will leave it at that.

Comment

Assalamu'alaikum everyone, in my humble opinion the sauds are no just rulers who are abusing their position for their own personal gains so I'd have no problems in bending their own made laws which are only there to fill their own coffers. I would feel no guilt in doing that. We are classed as guests of God by the sauds but I've never heard of a guest that's asked to pay in this manner for the privilege of visiting the house. They are corrupt rulers who go against the teachings of Islam and Rasulullah (saw).

Comment

Working...
                  X