No announcement yet.

Umra visa charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have checked on the website and i have to pay as i went in 2016 but other family members who have been a year or two before, shows they do not have to pay. So how is that if the rule is 10 years or lifetime?

Comment

I did not say the rule goes back to 10 years. I said that the saudis are stipulating that anyone who have performed an umra in her/his lifetime and wants to go again will have to pay this fee. If their system is not picking up your family's data than it will get picked up once your agent uploads the detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
        I did not say the rule goes back to 10 years. I said that the saudis are stipulating that anyone who have performed an umra in her/his lifetime and wants to go again will have to pay this fee. If their system is not picking up your family's data than it will get picked up once your agent uploads the detail.
        Jzk for your invaluable information, its just that i was planning on going with family so i wanted to be sure if all members have to pay or not.

Comment

I guess we'll know more in the coming weeks/months. As people start to go

Comment

You are welcome to raise it with your MP or raise a raucus. Dont expect any politician to stand with you outside the saudi embassy or even write a letter on your behalf in protest. UK government is more concerned on making money from them selling arms and earning revenues through university fee being paid by the 40 odd thousand saudis studying in UK.

After all, it is their country and they do what they like without giving prior notices or circulars.

You are understandably upset because it is hitting you in the pocket and discouraging you from your aspired worship in the most noblest spot on earth. There are at least 2.5 million more, globally, who are equally effected and the majority are from muslim countries who cannot do anything about this either.
            I have long held this view that Saudis use pilgrimage to harmain as their biggest source of revenue generation. They get away with it as Muslims all over the world will still aspire to visit the holy land for Hajj and Umrah. It’’’s unfortunate that rest of the Muslim world has to pay for royal family’’’s extravagant and lavish lifestyles. They claim to be the custodians of the harmain Sherifain and yet behave like doormen who are bent upon ripping people off for their visit. Nothing will change until people boycott for a while which is clearly inconceivable.
            Last edited by rameezzafar; 14-09-18, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rameezzafar View Post

I have long held this view that Saudis use pilgrimage to harmain as their biggest source of revenue generation. They get away with it as Muslims all over the world will still aspire to visit the holy land for Hajj and Umrah. It’’’s unfortunate that rest of the Muslim world has to pay for royal family’’’s extravagant and lavish lifestyles. They claim to be the custodians of the harmain Sherifain and yet behave like doormen who are bent upon ripping people off for their visit. Nothing will change until people boycott for a while which is clearly inconceivable.
              Very well put sir

Comment

Anyone who had performed an Umra in her/his lifetime will now pay the SR2000 visa fee on top of the mofa charges levied by the umra companies.

Brother Ismail can you kindly verify this going round on whatsapp please? Don’t know who to believe

NEWS: Umrah regulations

Information being forwarded of a 2000 riyal tax for repeat pilgrims performing Umrah again within 10 years is ‘not true’.

To clarify, the tax only applies to Pakistani nationals who are visiting the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, not specifically for Umrah, AND repeat umrah pilgrims performing Hajj within a year (not 10 years).

~ Current status of pilgrims can be viewed on the below link provided by the Haj Ministry.

https://eservices.haj.gov.sa/eservic...ml?dswid=-9189

Comment

Simply untrue. This is an annual recurrence or almost a ritual thing now. I dont know what these rumour mongers gets out of spreading deceit and raising hopes in the innocent readers.
                  Earlier, today, I uploaded passports of those who had performed Umra in 2010 ( 7 years ago) and they incurred the visa charges.

Comment

have the passports uploaded been used for umrah previously

Comment

Yes

Comment

Simply untrue. This is an annual recurrence or almost a ritual thing now. I dont know what these rumour mongers gets out of spreading deceit and raising hopes in the innocent readers.
                        Earlier, today, I uploaded passports of those who had performed Umra in 2010 ( 7 years ago) and they incurred the visa charges.

JazakAllah

Faizel Patel, Radio Islam News - 17-09-2018

So this has just been announced:

The South African Muslim Travel Association (SAMTA) has told Radio Islam that the repeat Umrah fee has been reverted to the previous system of a charge every two years.

Concerns were raised last week after it emerged that a SR 2,000 Riyals repeat Umrah fee would have to be paid irrespective of the year that a person went for the mini-Hajj.

SAMTA’s Fazila Malek says agents across the world raised concerns with the Hajj Ministry and the Ministry of Umrah about the charge.

“With us all being registered with the Hajj Ministry and with the Ministry of Umrah, we are linked with them and obviously with all the countries around the world have been contesting this with the Ministry of Hajj and I think they brought it to the ministry’s attention and I think they realised it was a glitch in the system” (sic)

According to the “old system”, if a person went for Umrah in the last 2 years, only then will the SR 2,000 repeat Umrah fee become applicable.

http://www.radioislam.org.za/a/index...-visa-fee.html

Comment

Yes, indeed, there has been a reversial but not exactly back to last two years but, rather, three years of Islamic hijra calender.

Comment

Yes, indeed, there has been a reversial but not exactly back to last two years but, rather, three years of Islamic hijra calender.
                            Thank you for clarifying brother Ismail

Still ridiculous really, the day the fee is abolished which i highly doubt will be the day. Allah is watching and He sure will take some action when the time is right. One should not be paying so much to go and Visit the Holy sites.

Comment

any truth to the article below

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...rah-visit.html

Comment

I went umrah in safar 1438, if i go in December will i have to pay?

Comment

Working...
                                X