Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish Airlines - For Umrah

Sallams

Any reviews or past experiences with Turkish Airlines from UK to Saudi Arabia?
    Also, their zamzam policy as not mentioned on their website?

jzk
    الله مستعان

Wasalaam,
    I'm going in April Insha Allah you get to bring back 5L zam zam on top of your baggage allowance

Comment

I've travelled with Turkish Airlines in the past to Jeddah and they are very good. In Istanbul, you can change into your Ihram as they have a prayer hall and cubicles to change into your Ihram.

Comment

jzk for both replies. Just the answer i was looking for alhumdoulillah :)

@Deenia Man, Allah accept your going & invite us all to his house. ameen.
        الله مستعان

Comment

Originally posted by kbutt001 View Post
          I've travelled with Turkish Airlines in the past to Jeddah and they are very good. In Istanbul, you can change into your Ihram as they have a prayer hall and cubicles to change into your Ihram.
          thats good to know

im also going by turkish airline with a stop over at istanbul so going to put ihram on in istanbul inshaAllah

Comment

Is there a place to take a shower nearby the prayer hall

Comment

Originally posted by Deenie Man View Post
              Is there a place to take a shower nearby the prayer hall
              Good question.

Also, did anyone do a long layover in Istanbul (Ataturk airport) and venture out to the city?
              What's 'doable' to see and visit in 12 hours? 20h?

I'm looking at an itinerary that has 20h layover on they way there, and 17h on the way back (originating from USA).
              Wondering if USA citizens can easily go out and what the protocol is.

Any info would be appreciated.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post

Good question.

Also, did anyone do a long layover in Istanbul (Ataturk airport) and venture out to the city?

I'm looking at an itinerary that has 20h layover on they way there, and 17h on the way back (originating from USA).

Thanks
                http://www.istanbulinhours.com/what-is-touristanbul

Taken that from Turkish Airlines website.. again depends what are the times of your layover

Comment

During Ramadan, does anyone know which terminal Turkish Airlines arrives and departs from (Technically, for departure it would be Shawwal ~2nd)?

Comment

Good question.

Thanks
                    I went for Umrah last year in Ramadan on Turkish Airlines. I flew out of the North Terminal in Jeddah.

If you have a 12 hour layover in Istanbul, I would suggest booking a room in one of the hotels near the Ataturk airport and rest as you will be quite tired after your long flight. If you have a 20 hour layover, I would also suggest booking a room in one of the hotels near the Ataturk airport, take some rest, and then visit the Sultan Ahmet area. The Blue Mosque is there. Topkapi is in that area as well but you really need a full day for that.

You should be able to apply for Turkish online. It is pretty easy and quick. The URL is https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
                    Last edited by 786smb; 12-03-18, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 786smb View Post
                      Sallams

Any reviews or past experiences with Turkish Airlines from UK to Saudi Arabia?
                      Also, their zamzam policy as not mentioned on their website?

jzk
                      1 5L ZamZam bottle is allowed per passenger. You can buy that from outside the terminal in Jeddah.
                      Last edited by 786smb; 12-03-18, 04:47 PM.

Comment

I also need this information as I am planning to go to ummra in June.

Comment

Originally posted by jimem View Post
                          I also need this information as I am planning to go to ummra in June.
                          What information are you requesting?

Comment

Originally posted by 786smb View Post

I went for Umrah last year in Ramadan on Turkish Airlines. I flew out of the North Terminal in Jeddah.

If you have a 12 hour layover in Istanbul, I would suggest booking a room in one of the hotels near the Ataturk airport and rest as you will be quite tired after your long flight. If you have a 20 hour layover, I would also suggest booking a room in one of the hotels near the Ataturk airport, take some rest, and then visit the Sultan Ahmet area. The Blue Mosque is there. Topkapi is in that area as well but you really need a full day for that.

You should be able to apply for Turkish online. It is pretty easy and quick. The URL is https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
                            Thanks for the following:
                            - Turkish flew out of North Terminal during Ramadan last year
                            - Turkish allowed one 5L zamzam bottle airport version per passenger
                            - Link for Visa

Follow-up Question:
                            - I saw DeenieMan's link state in FAQ that you can get courtesy hotel accommodation on a long layover. Did you not seek that out? Were there additonal conditions?

Main thing = Thank you, Jazakallakheir

Comment

Originally posted by lazy View Post

Thanks for the following:
                              - Turkish flew out of North Terminal during Ramadan last year
                              - Turkish allowed one 5L zamzam bottle airport version per passenger
                              - Link for Visa

Follow-up Question:
                              - I saw DeenieMan's link state in FAQ that you can get courtesy hotel accommodation on a long layover. Did you not seek that out? Were there additonal conditions?

Main thing = Thank you, Jazakallakheir
                              Yes, there are additional conditions. If the first Turkish airline (TK) flight to your final destination after your scheduled arrival time in Istanbul is after 10 hours, then they will definitely give you a hotel room with transportation from and to the airport. I believe that TK has multiple flights a day to both Jeddah and Madinah. If you are taking a longer stopover because the fare is lower with a longer stopover, then they may or may not give you a hotel room for free - chances are they will not. I think that they may still honor the tour option where they will take you for a tour of the city for free and I believe that lunch is included in that.

What you could do is go to their hotel help desk (turn right after going through customs and it is towards the end of the hall, near Starbucks) and see if they will give you a hotel room for free. If they do not give you a room, you can then book a room from Expedia or Booking.com. If you need Wifi, you can get that from Starbucks if you buy a cup of coffee or something from them.

There are quite a few hotels close to the airport. They might even let you check-in early if they have rooms available.

Taxis are available from right outside the terminal.

Please do check with TK about which terminal you will depart from during Ramadan as things could have changed.

Hope that helps.
                              Last edited by 786smb; 13-03-18, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X