X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harry tenesen
    replied
    Having doubt by itself is not a sin.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “Some of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and said to him, ‘We find in ourselves thoughts that are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Are you really suffering from that?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’”
    (Muslim) [Islamqa.info]

Rather it's a good thing to seek knowledge to clear your doubts. And make Dua to Allah to protect you from the whispers of shayatin.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Allah will forgive my ummah (followers) for any insinuating whispers that may cross their minds, so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.” (Agreed upon).
    [Islamqa.info]

As for having OCD is from Shayatin

Al-Hasan bin 'Ali said: I remember that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said: 'Leave what makes you in doubt for what does not make you in doubt. The truth brings tranquility while falsehood sows doubt.'
    So leave what is in doubt and believe what you are sure of.

I would highly recommend you to watch this video by Sheikh Assim Al Hakeem

Leave a comment:

• diandrh
    replied
    Thank you for your genuine help brother, I truly appreciate it. However, I don’t know if its either my severe OCD or its truly jinn. I’ve asked my aunt, and she doubt that its Jinn, because if it truly was, I wouldn’t have been able to pray or even recite anything.

Leave a comment:

• Hamza1416
    replied
    Originally posted by diandrh View Post
    Jazakallah for your swift reply brother. However, I’ve never doubted Islam, but I’m just upset at the fact that its affecting my belief in the Almighty when I shouldn’t be. I’ve never had issues with believing, only until I’m heavily afflicted by this waswas brother. Also, having severe waswas and OCD at the same time has got to be the worst combo. Those thoughts would constantly loop in my head because of my obsessive and compulsive behaviour. I’m so upset, I feel anxious every single time I wake up, hoping to feel better. Every single time my heart wavers upon hearing the Almighty’s name, or anything sacred like as if I don’t believe (subahanAllah). I would isolate myself in the room at times, would disengage from people, choose to not talk and had a fair episode of losing complete appetite that I lost quite a fair bit of weight. I’m scared of subconsciously being a hypocrite or a disbeliever brother.
    i susspect that you might be inflicted with magic jinn or evil eye i might be wrong but it never hurt to learn about those issues i would suggest you watch this playlist during your free time
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Gj...HOTXGWm7cCC4rL

most important thing is to maintain your daily fard prayers on time including fajr you can also fast if you can either 6 days of shawal monday and thursday 3 white days of each lunar month or the fasting of daoud also try to read at least 1 page of quran each day if you dont read quran very often life will feel tasetless and im speaking from personal experience

may allah cure you sister

Leave a comment:

• diandrh
    replied
    Originally posted by Janin-Qamar View Post
    Salam Aleykoum Wa Rahmatullah

It's been some times your complaining about Waswâs issue dear brother. Of course I will humbly pray for you, I can't barely imagine what your living through. May Allah help you and ease your pain, amîn.

You know, since i'm francophone, I also read the same issues of waswâs coming again and again in french community. I think it may be the strongest issue our brothers and sisters are dealing with right now. I am personally, deeply convinced it is related, in major cases, to ruhanian attacks.

Shayatîn are intensifying their attack upon us because muslim are slowly but surely getting back to Allah. It's a war that have been started against us. Sahara are helping Shayatin against us too.

There are many things to do against waswâs. The first one is to abuse the using of Surât El Nâss. It's a gift from Allah, a sourat especially made to protect you from that. I have been tourmented by waswâs for many time. I know that stuff..when they reverse the word your saying.

Until Allah opened my eyes about this gift. El Falaq and An Nâss. We call them, the mu3awidhatayn. Now, shayatin are getting tired with me and they feel despair, because I don't hear dogs barking against me, I use An Nass everytime.

There are so many things to do against waswâs. But in order to get concise and avoid long text, let me enumerate you some useful things :

- Keep your ablution. They hate it. Your making it difficult for them to tourment you.
    - An Nâss, as much as needed. Like, 5/10 minutes morning before going out of bed, 5/10 min at noon, and 5/10 min at night. And more if they don't have enough. With niya.
    - Understand it's not you but them, so Allah will never blame you for stuff like "i don't believe" when they are the one who says it.
    - Study each waswas they give you and classify it. You will see that each waswas may be related to a point of faith you need to work with. Each time you complete a work, shaytan goes out and seek another weakness until your free of troubles.
    - Prayers, Prayers, Prayers.
    - Clear your thoughts and your mind buy making yourself busy.
    - Quran, Quran, Quran. Abuse Ruqya. Your heart will be full of mercy and you will cry for Allah.

Never forget to protect yourself with the Muawidhatayn.

I ask Allah that He accept our prayers for you brother, but He will also see if you are doing your part too ;) So please, I beg you to try what I suggest you, again, and again. And this is for everyone else who also has waswas troubles too, please. So that you can find some rest inshaAllah.
    Masha’Allah, you have no idea how much I needed to hear this brother. I’m a sister btw :) It has been taking a toll on me, because I have never imagined to be in this position. Indeed, it is tormenting. The fact that I used to remember Him all the time before having these thoughts and now I can’t seem to have the connection anymore freaks me out. I have an aunt who’s an ustazah, and she also suggested I read An-Nas. I recite that in my salah every time, and would read them aloud. I just don’t know why I always get these feelings of disbelief. Am I really the problem brother? SubahanAllah, I’m genuinely terrified because I’m lost and confused.

Leave a comment:

• diandrh
    replied
    Jazakallah for your swift reply brother. However, I’ve never doubted Islam, but I’m just upset at the fact that its affecting my belief in the Almighty when I shouldn’t be. I’ve never had issues with believing, only until I’m heavily afflicted by this waswas brother. Also, having severe waswas and OCD at the same time has got to be the worst combo. Those thoughts would constantly loop in my head because of my obsessive and compulsive behaviour. I’m so upset, I feel anxious every single time I wake up, hoping to feel better. Every single time my heart wavers upon hearing the Almighty’s name, or anything sacred like as if I don’t believe (subahanAllah). I would isolate myself in the room at times, would disengage from people, choose to not talk and had a fair episode of losing complete appetite that I lost quite a fair bit of weight. I’m scared of subconsciously being a hypocrite or a disbeliever brother.

Leave a comment:

• Janin-Qamar
    replied
    Salam Aleykoum Wa Rahmatullah

It's been some times your complaining about Waswâs issue dear brother. Of course I will humbly pray for you, I can't barely imagine what your living through. May Allah help you and ease your pain, amîn.

You know, since i'm francophone, I also read the same issues of waswâs coming again and again in french community. I think it may be the strongest issue our brothers and sisters are dealing with right now. I am personally, deeply convinced it is related, in major cases, to ruhanian attacks.

Shayatîn are intensifying their attack upon us because muslim are slowly but surely getting back to Allah. It's a war that have been started against us. Sahara are helping Shayatin against us too.

There are many things to do against waswâs. The first one is to abuse the using of Surât El Nâss. It's a gift from Allah, a sourat especially made to protect you from that. I have been tourmented by waswâs for many time. I know that stuff..when they reverse the word your saying.

Until Allah opened my eyes about this gift. El Falaq and An Nâss. We call them, the mu3awidhatayn. Now, shayatin are getting tired with me and they feel despair, because I don't hear dogs barking against me, I use An Nass everytime.

There are so many things to do against waswâs. But in order to get concise and avoid long text, let me enumerate you some useful things :

- Keep your ablution. They hate it. Your making it difficult for them to tourment you.
    - An Nâss, as much as needed. Like, 5/10 minutes morning before going out of bed, 5/10 min at noon, and 5/10 min at night. And more if they don't have enough. With niya.
    - Understand it's not you but them, so Allah will never blame you for stuff like "i don't believe" when they are the one who says it.
    - Study each waswas they give you and classify it. You will see that each waswas may be related to a point of faith you need to work with. Each time you complete a work, shaytan goes out and seek another weakness until your free of troubles.
    - Prayers, Prayers, Prayers.
    - Clear your thoughts and your mind buy making yourself busy.
    - Quran, Quran, Quran. Abuse Ruqya. Your heart will be full of mercy and you will cry for Allah.

Never forget to protect yourself with the Muawidhatayn.

I ask Allah that He accept our prayers for you brother, but He will also see if you are doing your part too ;) So please, I beg you to try what I suggest you, again, and again. And this is for everyone else who also has waswas troubles too, please. So that you can find some rest inshaAllah.

Leave a comment:

• Hamza1416
    replied
    salam alaykum wa rahmat allah
    when it comes to these thoughts everyone have them as shaytan tries hes best to put doubts in our hearts however you need to resist thoes thoughts and stop thinking about them unless they regarding islam then it better to look for answers regarding any misconception shaytan might put in your head feel free to ask me here if you have any
    also make sure to pray all your fard prayers on time and read atleast one page of the quran each day

may allah guide us
    and allah knows best

Leave a comment:

• diandrh
    started a topic Severe waswas and OCD

Severe waswas and OCD

Salam brothers and sisters, I’m here to seek for help and advice from all of you in whatever possible ways. I have always been a practising Muslim, and have always had peace with my religion. I would always give thanks to the Almighty, and would count my blessings always. However, I have been heavily afflicted by severe waswas for 2 months, and its not making me feel any better by having OCD at the same time. The thoughts I get were extremely bad (I won’t say it here) to the extend where it created doubts in my head, and then crept into my heart. I have been crying day and night during my salah, seeking for Allah to ease my affairs. However, now I’m so scared because I no longer feel anything. When Quran or Allah’s name is mentioned, my heart would repel and I couldn’t feel anything. Nothing is worse than feeling like you’ve lost the connection you used to have with the Almighty.

Its causing me a great amount of distress, I don’t know what to do. I would slap my head and do vigorous shakes upon getting severe thoughts. I would shake when I hear the azan sometimes. Every single time I say “I believe in Allah” in my head, it’ll say the complete opposite by including the word “don’t” before believe. Ever since then, its making me feel like I’ve lost completely everything. Can someone pls advice me on what I should do? Pls keep me in your prayers guys, Jazakallah. May Allah ease my affairs and elevate my status in the Akhirah with the challenges that is bestowed upon me, amin yarabb.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X