Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Female Voice

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
    You mean to tell me this is the first time you ever see an old post of his? :eek3:
    That type of post .. yes ... lol.

He seemed nice when i spoke to him though lol, Mashallah ...

Comment

Everything in islam has a rule and an exception to the rule.

Pig is haraam, that's the blanket rule. If a person is starving and there's nothing but pig then he can eat pig, that's the exception, and some ulama regard it as suicide if he doesn't eat it (because Allah has allowed him to eat it).

So do you think it's oppressive if a person says eating pig is haraam? because he's making a blanket ruling.

As myself and countless others have said in the past, when we give a 'ruling' then we give it according to the rule, not the exception, and our rules do not apply to people who are exceptions.

So a person who doesn't have a mahram can travel without a mahram because she's in the exception group, she shouldn't wait for the fairy grandmother to give her a mahram until midnight.

The same applies to the other situations as well.
      well in some cases yes :jkk: that would be so, but not having a mahram doesnt make it safe, or even permissible for a woman to travel alone without one,where on earth would she need to go to make the haram permissible, when not even haj is obligatory on a woman unless she can fulfill the conditions of cost and having a mahram to get there. no woman needs to travel unless its a necessity like her life is in danger and she needs to make hijrah, or to get necessary medical treatment unavailable in her city.

a woman cant arrange her own marriage because without a walli, and without a walli marrying her to the man and two witnesses present, her marriage would be invalid so thats something that cant ever be an exception as she cant speak alone with a man about marriage, that is another thing that cannot be made an exception.

can she take off hijab to get work to pay the bills and eat ? i dont feel that is an option at all no believing woman would be able to walk out on the street showing her awra she would rather be thrown out of her home and sell everything she owned than do that . my point is all of us as an ummah should try and make it easier on each other, the rules dont change in all cases i mentioned, and life is very difficult for the sisters who dont have muslim family or imams and we should all be aware of that and seek to change the practical situations of the muslim women, to assist them, because in the years i have been muslim its not getting any easier for the women.
      Last edited by *asiya*; 17-07-08, 08:53 PM.
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
        well in some cases yes :jkk: that would be so, but not having a mahram doesnt make it safe, or even permissible for a woman to travel alone without one,where on earth would she need to go to make the haram permissible, when not even haj is obligatory on a woman unless she can fulfill the conditions of cost and having a mahram to get there. no woman needs to travel unless its a necessity like her life is in danger and she needs to make hijrah, or to get necessary medical treatment unavailable in her city.

a woman cant arrange her own marriage because without a walli, and without a walli marrying her to the man and two witnesses present, her marriage would be invalid so thats something that cant ever be an exception as she cant speak alone with a man about marriage, that is another thing that cannot be made an exception.

can she take off hijab to get work to pay the bills and eat ? i dont feel that is an option at all no believing woman would be able to walk out on the street showing her awra she would rather be thrown out of her home and sell everything she owned than do that . my point is all of us as an ummah should try and make it easier on each other, the rules dont change in all cases i mentioned, and life is very difficult for the sisters who dont have muslim family or imams and we should all be aware of that and seek to change the practical situations of the muslim women, to assist them, because in the years i have been muslim its not getting any easier for the women.
        I know life is harder for women, i never denied that, their lives compared to mens are much harder.

haj is not obligatory on anyone who cannot afford the cost, and don't quote me on this but i think someone posted a fatwa or something that said women can go as a group for umrah (or haj, i can't remember which), but it's too fuzzy to remember where and when i read it.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

I know life is harder for women, i never denied that, their lives compared to mens are much harder.

haj is not obligatory on anyone who cannot afford the cost, and don't quote me on this but i think someone posted a fatwa or something that said women can go as a group for umrah (or haj, i can't remember which), but it's too fuzzy to remember where and when i read it.
          That is the Shafi opinion, Imam Nawawi (Ra) holds that opinion. For Hajj.
          Last edited by Fais; 17-07-08, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X