Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group Dua!!!

Is it allowed in Islam or not???

Some people say it is a bidah...some people say it isnt.

My fam and my Masjid are into that..I personally dont think its right...but cant find any proof...
    Last edited by MalikOne™; 23-07-06, 11:27 PM.

Your attitude could send you to heaven your attitude could send you to hell
    Sometimes my mind goes blank i think insane and then post shaytan :FACT

ŃĎ : Group Dua!!!

www.islam-qa.com
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Re: ŃĎ : Group Dua!!!

Originally posted by AbuMubarak
      thas long if ur gonna give a link at least link me to a fatwa

id rather it be discussed here thats why I made the topic :p

Comment

Are we talking about 'khatams' aswell?
        Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by TEH
          Are we talking about 'khatams' aswell?
          Yer why not...

Comment

I don't think the Prophet (salallahu 3alayhi wassalam) used to say Dua in Jama3a...

Comment

oh man..khattams..*rolls eyes*asian style..all mixed and reading aloud..(men and women)..and..reading it for this that and the other reason.."hey so-and-so died this day 20years ago..why not have a khattam.."

Comment

Erm...I don't get it :scratch: Reading dua in jamah??

As in, like after the imam finishes farsh , he turns around and says dua out loud?

Or when the people join in?

I was at a wedding today and Masrur Ahmad was the imam dude and he was saying a dua and asked everyone to say the dua along with him...no one did (except my brother who shouted one line out really loud...lol...joka). Felt so sorry for the poor guy. (the imam, not my brother :p)

Do you mean like the latter case?

-Rashid
                :hidban:

Comment

Originally posted by Rashid786
                  Erm...I don't get it :scratch: Reading dua in jamah??

As in, like after the imam finishes farsh , he turns around and says dua out loud?

Or when the people join in?

I was at a wedding today and Masrur Ahmad was the imam dude and he was saying a dua and asked everyone to say the dua along with him...no one did (except my brother who shouted one line out really loud...lol...joka). Felt so sorry for the poor guy. (the imam, not my brother :p)

Do you mean like the latter case?

-Rashid
                  A bit of both :p when at tha end imam says dua and everyone joins in.

Comment

Re: Group Dua!!!

u mean when people do dua in congregation? like when sudais does dua..and evryone says ameen? i dont think theres owt wrong with it..in fact this is the first time ive come across it.however i do disagree with the khatam part..the type where the muslims gather and finish quran,pray yaseen etc and eat food specially cooked for the event...its become a ritual.
                    “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
                    Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
                    He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
                    And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Comment

Alot of my freinds say raising ur hands wit imam after each prayer and making dua is biddah..i dnt kno tho so thats why im asking here.

Comment

well erm as far as i know it isnt..Muhammad SAW raised his hands didnt he? its not biddah maybe well im sure 97% that its a diff madhhab..i dunno what madhahb u follow? or sect?

Comment

Jus found this:

Imam al-Jazari in his book al-Hisn al-Hasin listed among the etiquette of du`â': "Let both the supplicant and the listener say Amîn." Al-Shawkani said in his commentary on that work titled Tuhfat al-Dhakirin (p. 59): "There is mentioned in the sahîh hadith what guides [us] to this [practice]. Abu Dawud narrated that the Prophet heard a man supplicating whereupon he said: "He must conclude it with âmîn." Al-Hakim narrated - grading its chain sound (sahîh) - from Umm Salama - Allah be well-pleased with her - that the Prophet said Amîn in his supplication. Al-Hakim also narrated - grading its chain sound - that the Prophet said: "No group assembles, one of them supplicating while others say Amîn, except Allah answers them."

Zayd ibn Thabit said: "While I, Abu Hurayra, and a third man were in the mosque one day, supplicating Allah Most High and remembering our Lord, the Prophet came out to us and sat with us. When he sat we fell silent. He said: 'Continue what you were doing.' So I supplicated, then my friend, before Abu Hurayra, while the Prophet said âmîn to our supplication. Then Abu Hurayra supplicated saying: 'O Allah! I ask you all that my two friends asked of you and I ask you for knowledge that shall not be forgotten.' The Messenger of Allah said âmîn. We said: 'O Messenger of Allah! We, too, ask for knowledge that shall not be forgotten.' He replied: 'The boy from Daws asked for it before you (sabaqakumâ / sabaqakum ghulâmu daws / al-ghulâmu al-dawsî).'" Narrated by al-Tabarani in al-Awsat with a chain of trustworthy narrators except for Qays al-Madani who is of unknown reliability as indicated by al-Haythami in Majma` al-Zawa'id (9:361); al-Bayhaqi in al-Sunan al-Kubra (3:440) both with the same chain, which Ibn Hajar declared "good" (jayyid) in al-Isaba (7:438 #10674) - citing al-Nasa'i's Sunan as he does in Tahdhib al-Tahdhib (12:291) - and al-Hakim (3:508=1990 ed. 3:582) with a chain he declared sound (sahîh) while al-Dhahabi cited the weakness of one of its narrators - Hammad ibn Shu`ayb - but in the Siyar (4:197=al-Arna'ut ed. 2:616) he cites Qays's chain [cf. al-Mizzi in Tahdhib al-Kamal (24:94)] with al-Fadl ibn al-`Ala' in lieu of Hammad, adding: "Ibn al-`Ala' is truthful (sadűq)," which makes this a fair (hasan) narration in shâ' Allâh. Ibn Hajar also cites it in Fath al-Bari (1959 ed. 1:215).

From Anas - Allah be well-pleased with him - in al-Bukhari's Sahih: A desert Arab came to the Messenger of Allah the Day of Jumu`a saying: "O Messenger of Allah, the beasts of burden are dying, the dependents are dying, the people are dying!" Whereupon the Messenger of Allah raised his hands in supplication and the people raised their hands in supplication with the Messenger of Allah ....
                          Al-Bukhari adduced this narration as a proof for the desirability of raising one's hands in supplication in general, not only during khutba. By the same token, collective supplication is lawful both inside and outside khutba.

so what does anyone that is not in favour of group dua say to this?^

Comment

Salamu'alaikum wa rahmatullah bro. Those that say group dhikr is bid'ah are usually salafis. They claim that they follow the salaf but in reality they follow a small number of their own scholars such as bin baz and uthaymin.

Good link: http://www.livingislam.org/fiqhi/fiqha_e56.html
                            Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

ouch .

Comment

Working...
                              X