X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 73 Sects of Islam

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/archive/i...p/t-38384.html

What sect do you follow?
    Last edited by Shaolin's-Finest; 02-04-05, 03:49 PM.
    Please Re-update your Signature

are all the above sects existing now?
    :up: :lailah: :up:

Comment

Originally posted by PiElle
      are all the above sects existing now?
      Yes.

Comment

wow... u mean when a muslim bump into another muslim, they have to find out about each other's sect? and decide to be friends or enemies...?????

i dunno my sect... ;)

Comment

wow... u mean when a muslim bump into another muslim, they have to find out about each other's sect? and decide to be friends or enemies...?????

i dunno my sect... ;)
          loL! not necessarily. Depends on the extremism of the individual.

Comment

Al-Qualitya!

67. Ahadiyah:
            They believe in the Fardh (obligations) in faith but deny the Sunnah.

Peace of Allah be with u

In reference to above, i only concentrate my fard prayers as i want to concentrate in Allah alone. It is not that i am denying sunnah but i want quality prayer rather than quantity.

To me its like when ur eating a plate of briyani and u really concentrate its fragrance, its succulent lamb, its aromatic rice and its overall taste. Simply eating. Can i approach to remember Allah like this? In the process i may want not to spend my time in sunnah prayers as it will make me defocus on Allah ...or am i in the 74 group of Al-Qualitiyyah?
            Gazzali
            Maulana.Com
            My Life Page

Comment

islam in china

hi Shaolin's, i posted an article in the...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width="100%">Current Events </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
              <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width="100%"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=navbar style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; PADDING-TOP: 1px" colSpan=3>UNPO, East Turkestan: "Practicing Islam in Today's China" </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

(sorry i dun know how to paste the link yet....:-P)

portion i am interested in is...

"The Uighurs and the Hui, China's dominant Muslim groups, have distinct ethnic, cultural, and historical backgrounds, and Chinese authorities treat the two groups differently. The Uighurs, who are of Turkic descent, face harsh religious restrictions and repression, since Chinese authorities associate the group with separatism and terrorism in western China. The Hui, who are related ethnically to the Han Chinese majority, enjoy greater freedom to practice Islam than Uighur Muslims."

since your name is relating to chinese, i was wondering if you could help me know more about...????

1) the history of the 2 groups (ie. Uighursa and the Hui)and islam in china, could you recommend some sound reading on this?
              2) and do they belong to any sects mentioned above?

Peace.

Thank you in advance.
              PiElle.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin's-Finest
                ::::::::::::: Name of the Sects in Islam and their Basic Beliefs ::::::::::::

73. Ahmadiyya:
                The followers of Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmed of Qadian (as). (1835 to 1908)
                They believe that he is THE PROMISED MESSIAH and IMAM MEHDI.
                They believe in the FINALITY OF PROPHETHOOD OF THE HOLY PROPHET (pbuh) and that he was the SEAL of the all the Prophets.
                They believe that the Jesus Christ was NOT CRUCIFIED but DIED a natural death.
                Shaolin,

Are you sure about this statement about Qadiani's. My understanding is that they DO NOT accept that Prophet Mohammed was the last prophet, and as such are outside of our faith.

And there is no requirement to exchange information about sects between muslims. There is no evidence to support this, it is an utterly baseless statement. As muslims, we are the brothers and sisters of other muslims, irrespective of what fiqh we follow. That is the message we should be sending out. Islam encourages tolerance among the believers and the non-believers.

Finally, I do not see any value addition in your post of 73 sects: you are opening the gates for division and I believe this is not in the spirit of this forum.

Comment

73 Sects

By Sheikh Salman Al-Oadah
                  http://www.islamtoday.com/showme_wee...sub_cat_id=599

O our Lord, pour out on us patience, and make us die as those who have submitted (to You). (A-RAAF: 126)
                  With steadfastness, Paradise is earned!

Comment

Originally posted by Gazzali
                    67. Ahadiyah:
                    They believe in the Fardh (obligations) in faith but deny the Sunnah.

Peace of Allah be with u

In reference to above, i only concentrate my fard prayers as i want to concentrate in Allah alone. It is not that i am denying sunnah but i want quality prayer rather than quantity.

To me its like when ur eating a plate of briyani and u really concentrate its fragrance, its succulent lamb, its aromatic rice and its overall taste. Simply eating. Can i approach to remember Allah like this? In the process i may want not to spend my time in sunnah prayers as it will make me defocus on Allah ...or am i in the 74 group of Al-Qualitiyyah?
                    Gazzali
                    Insha'allah when you have got the quality, you can then start building on the quantity.

You want your scales to be heavy on that day, if you are not doing your sunnah what else can you be doing to make those scales heavy.

We all just need to remember Allah in everything we do and to do it for his reward and his mercy.
                    Quran and sunnah go together you can focus on both to please Allah and get quality.
                    Its about how you are and how you think. Somtimes we are lazy to think for too long about doing things for the sake of allah. So we cut it short and say i am only doing my fards, buts its all about pushing ourselves out of bad habits and thinking about silly things and rushing around to get back to what ever it was we where doing.
                    With rememberance of Allah in your mind and heart the action of sunnah will also be quality and way heavy on your scales.

May Allah shower his mercy on us all Ameen.

Comment

Hello Rizi Wizi,

Are you sure about this statement about Qadiani's. My understanding is that they DO NOT accept that Prophet Mohammed was the last prophet, and as such are outside of our faith.

I just realised that now.

Finally, I do not see any value addition in your post of 73 sects: you are opening the gates for division and I believe this is not in the spirit of this forum.

I was just merely posting something which I found of interest.

Comment

No problems. I know that your intentions were good and genuine.

Comment

hi Shaolin's, i posted an article in the...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width="100%">Current Events </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                          <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width="100%"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=navbar style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; PADDING-TOP: 1px" colSpan=3>UNPO, East Turkestan: "Practicing Islam in Today's China" </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

(sorry i dun know how to paste the link yet....:-P)

portion i am interested in is...

"The Uighurs and the Hui, China's dominant Muslim groups, have distinct ethnic, cultural, and historical backgrounds, and Chinese authorities treat the two groups differently. The Uighurs, who are of Turkic descent, face harsh religious restrictions and repression, since Chinese authorities associate the group with separatism and terrorism in western China. The Hui, who are related ethnically to the Han Chinese majority, enjoy greater freedom to practice Islam than Uighur Muslims."

since your name is relating to chinese, i was wondering if you could help me know more about...????

1) the history of the 2 groups (ie. Uighursa and the Hui)and islam in china, could you recommend some sound reading on this?
                          2) and do they belong to any sects mentioned above?

Peace.

Thank you in advance.
                          PiElle.

http://www.berzinarchives.com/islam/...l#_Toc30771802

As for your second question i don't know.
                          ---
                          P.S. im not chinese if thats what you think :p

Comment

The majority of those aren't sects of Islam but rather offshoots of Islam. Anyone who holds a beleif outside the Islamic A'qeeda is simply not a moslem. The only two sects of Islam are Sunni and Shiia . All the others are basically offshoots and unislamic.
                            Don't forget that Sikhism is basically also an offshoot of Islam, a cross between Islam and Hinduism. A lot of the above are no different than that.

Comment

http://www.berzinarchives.com/islam/...l#_Toc30771802

As for your second question i don't know.
                              ---
                              P.S. im not chinese if thats what you think :p
                              xia xia nee!!!! (thanks thanks you)

you not chinese??? do you know kung fu??? :D

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X