Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you fanatic?

Assalamualaikum,

honestly, when I speak to Christian, I get almost everytime asked this question. I answer: "I am just normal Muslim", sometimes I asked for definitions. What is that? Do they associate with fanatic something like a member of a terror organisation?

What would you answer?

Are you fanatic?

:wswrwb:

I'd say yes, I am. Watch your back.

Comment

Re: Are you fanatic?

Originally posted by islam1433 View Post
      Assalamualaikum,

honestly, when I speak to Christian, I get almost everytime asked this question. I answer: "I am just normal Muslim", sometimes I asked for definitions. What is that? Do they associate with fanatic something like a member of a terror organisation?

What would you answer?
      I'd tell them yes, and make a bunch of terrorist jokes.

I've made almost every kafir I've met think I'm insane.

Comment

Interesting, and do you think, that this will help us in dawa that kufaar think Muslims are insane? I mean when you get asked such a question, you're generally representing the religion.

Comment

Interesting, and do you think, that this will help us in dawa that kufaar think Muslims are insane? I mean when you get asked such a question, you're generally representing the religion.
          It's a stupid question. Such questions pretty much disqualify someone from a serious discussion.

Comment

Yes, but they don't know better. Media does their homework. People just can't imagine that when you a serious Muslim, that you're a helpful and kind person.

Comment

They're probably asking a genuine question from a place of ignorance. It's an opportunity to educate albeit a little tedious.

Comment

Yes, but they don't know better. Media does their homework. People just can't imagine that when you a serious Muslim, that you're a helpful and kind person.
                Think whether what you're doing is dawah or just a spineless need to be accepted. A Muslim should have some self respect and not have to entertain disrespectful or mocking questions from disbelievers.

Comment

who cares what non Muslims say!

Let's fix ourselves we Muslims, then everything esle will fall in place, and know who are we. It's we who keep confusing others sometimes. In this day and age we need to focus on Muslims more IMO

what makes me sad is when Muslims consider a Muslim who follows his/ her Islam to an A a fanatic.

Plz fellow Muslim If u lack at some Islamic obligations/ struggling to be commitment to them , not raised up doing them, ignorant about their rule / adopting certain opinion on a minor matter of Islam ( not core matter as Aqeeda) which scholars have different opinions about. Don't go around calling other Muslims fanatic for adopting different opinion ..etc Learn your religion

I was in Dubai once and wearing abaya on my head .. two Muslim men from certain nationality were walking behind us and they speak language but saying Saudi Arabia Islam abaya haha laughing .. It's kinda they saying we fanatic for wearing abaya^^ lots of muslims ignorant about their religion they maybe think it's Saudi custom and think high of themselves duh

I can go on and on on with examples as It's written for me to witness lots of such situations lol
                  Last edited by myeverything; 07-11-17, 07:00 PM.
                  How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                    Think whether what you're doing is dawah or just a spineless need to be accepted. A Muslim should have some self respect and not have to entertain disrespectful or mocking questions from disbelievers.
                    +1
                    How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Comment

Originally posted by dsr478 View Post
                      I'd tell them yes, and make a bunch of terrorist jokes.

I've made almost every kafir I've met think I'm insane.
                      Great da'wah.

Comment

Most of us life in the west. To a certain aspect we need to be accepted for a peaceful living together. Doesn't mean you need to adapt to their kuffar way of living but at least not make fun when they come with such a question. I see a potential, when they see we normal people not like media always claims bad, they get interested in Islam. Sometimes I watch videos of brothers on the street who are "defending" Islam. I mean what they say is true and inshaAllah they will get reward, but what is the hikmah behind to get aggressive and threaten the kafir with death because he is ignorant and don't want to understand. With that behaviour we are just conforming their ideas - and shouldn't be our aim.

And yes, everyone needs to work on himself.

Comment

Originally posted by mazuiz View Post
                          Great da'wah.
                          Most these guys are a lost cause, I give dawah to those who actually seem like they'd be open to Islam.

Topic of Islam has come up, I tell them why I believe what I do, and that's that. They can't prove me wrong, but they still deny Islam.

Comment

Assalamualaikum,

What would you answer?

well i would find that really interesting cos that auto means they are easily influenced since it's the media that has brought about this perception within them. If they can be influenced one way they can be influenced another and which side of the fence they choose to sit after you've explained what a true fanatic is, speaks volumes about them as an individual.

Some people would interpret it as a passion whilst others would interpret it as an unhealthy obsession. It's their own values coming through. When u have a trustworthy person who disagrees with u, u have an opponent that needs to be shown logic or whatever value appeals to them to see sense in the matter. They don't have to agree but they should defo respect.
                            ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                            "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                            :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

It's a stupid question. Such questions pretty much disqualify someone from a serious discussion.
                              Yes. Seems very much the kind of question you'd ask a person when there's something untoward in your motive... Despite that, sometimes a person may start off with that ill intention and then be drawn in by what you say or how you react (not always of course).

There are some good brothers who can and do laugh such things off and switch it around as a chance to give a bit of da'wah (Alhamdulillah).

How many people were very, very hostile towards Islam and Muslims but an interaction with a Muslim, or some seemingly small thing they observed about Muslims led to them being changed completely (by the permission and kindness of Allah Ta'aalaa.)?

Subhaanallah. We don't know what effects the actions of ours may have. Imho, it would normally be better to try to plant some sort of seed in their mind at the very least instead of reacting the way they want or expect.
                              LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                              -------------------------------
                              "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                              NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Working...
                              X