quotes of the salaf thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quotes of the salaf thread

here are some i found (source https://contemplatequran.wordpress.com/quotes/
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Re: quotes of the salaf thread

A man laughed in [the circle of] Hishām Al-Dustawāʾī, so Hishām said to him, “Young man! You seek knowledge laughing?” He replied, “Is it not Allāh who makes [us] laugh and cry (as stated in the Qurʾān)?” So Hishām replied, “Then go and cry.”
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

It is reported that ʿUthmān b. ʿAffān – Allāh be pleased with him – once addressed the people in a sermon. He praised Allāh, then said:

O people! Fear Allāh and obey Him, for piety is a valuable prize. Verily the most intelligent person is he who takes account of himself and works for what comes after death, and acquires through the light (guidance) of Allāh a light for the darkness of the grave.

The servant of Allāh should fear lest Allāh the Mighty and Sublime resurrects him blind though he used to see. A few comprehensive words can be enough for a wise man, whereas the deaf (who does not listen to guidance) is being called from afar.

And know that whoever Allāh the Mighty and Sublime is with has nothing to fear; but whoever Allāh the Mighty and Sublime is against, then in whom can he hope after Allāh?!

Comment

Yoonus bin 'Ubaid said: Indeed, I found 100 traits from among good traits. I do not know of a single one of them to be in me.
        Watch those eyes

Comment

Mujaahid said: He who elevates himself, degrades his Religion and he who degrades himself elevates his Religion.
          Watch those eyes

Comment

Al-Hasan said: Righteousness (Taqwaa) did not cease to be among the righteous until they gave up a large portion of the permissible of fear of the impermissible.
            Watch those eyes

Comment

Al-Hasan said: From the signs of Allah's having turned away from a salve is that He causes him to become involved in that which does not concern him.
              Watch those eyes

Comment

Harimu bin Hayyaan said: Beware of the scholar who is a Faasiq. He is a person who talks of knowledge but acts in accordance with Fisq. He becomes dubious to mankind and as a result they go astray
                Watch those eyes

Comment

He who has no manners has no knowledge; he who has no patience has no Din, and he who has no piety has no nearness to Allah for him." [Al-Hasan al-Basri - may Allah have mercy upon him]

Four things are exceedingly difficult - to forgive while angry, to give alms during want, to abstain from sins in solitude, and to speak the truth before the person from whom may come fear or favour." ['Ali - may Allah be pleased with him]m
                  Allah is towards you as you are towards Him and His servants."
                  [Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah RahimahuAllah]

Comment

It is reported that a man came to ʿAlī – Allāh be pleased with him – and asked, What do you think about a man who committed a sin? He replied, He must seek Allāh’s forgiveness and repent to Him. [The man] said, He did that, but then sinned again? [ʿAlī] said, He must seek Allāh’s forgiveness and repent to Him. The man again said, He did that, but returned to sin. [ʿAlī] said, He must seek Allāh’s forgiveness and repent to Him. The man said for the fourth time, He did, but then sinned again. ʿAlī then said, Until when? Then he said, He must seek Allāh’s forgiveness and repent to Him; and not give up until it is Shayṭān who is defeated [overcome].

Comment

Abu Sulaymaan Al-Daaraani said: One does not remain patient, withholding oneself away from the desires of this world except the one who has in his heart of the hereafter that which keeps him preoccupied.
                      Last edited by ZeeshanParvez; 01-09-15, 10:04 AM.
                      Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
                        Abu Sulaymaan Al-Daaraani said: One does not remain patient, withholding oneself away from the desires of this world except the one who has in his heart that which keeps him preoccupied with the next world.
                        May Allah make us from people like that brother

Comment

It is reported from Ibn Al-Mubarak that he said: I heard Ja'far ibn Hayyan say: "The foundations of these actions are the intentions. Indeed a man reaches with his intentions a position he does not reach with his actions."

Comment

Ibn Mas’ood said:

“A time will come in which a believer will be regarded lower than a slave girl.”

Comment

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X