No announcement yet.

quotes of the salaf thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [1] Their tongues are swollen in their mouths, and they seek worldly gain through the deeds of the hereafter. So be warned against them for yourselves, lest they catch you in their nets. O scholar, you are a scholar yet you devour [wealth] with your knowledge. O scholar, you are a scholar yet you boast with your knowledge. O scholar, you are a scholar yet you seek to amass [wealth] with your knowledge. O scholar, you are a scholar yet you transgress [against others] with your knowledge. If you had truly sought this knowledge for Allāh, it would have been seen on you and in your deeds.

[1] The word in some reports is tafākhur (boasting and being proud) but in some other versions, other somewhat ambiguous words are found in its place.

Abū Bakr Al-Ājurrī, article 73 et al.
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• The hard life now for the good life later

Al-Zuhd article 687; Imām Aḥmad, Al-Zuhd article 201, et al. (1)
        "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• Al-Sunan ḥadīth 2622. Graded ṣaḥīḥ by Al-Albānī in his edition of Sunan Al-Tirmidhī.

Comment

• Al-Ibānah Al-Kubrāarticle 1097.

Comment

• The House in which the Quran is Recited

Al-Muṣannaf articles 30645, 30647 and 30650.

Comment

• Dham Al-Kadhib wa Ahlī article 94.

Comment

• Al-Ibānah Al-Kubrāarticle 1097.

Comment

• https://t.me/da1wahchannel

Spread the Knowledge!

Jazaakallaahukhair

Comment

• Al-Muṣannaf articles 30645, 30647 and 30650.

Comment

• Al-Zuhd article 221.

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• This life in brief

Dham Al-Dunyā article 17.

Comment

• Al-Ṣaḥīḥ hadith 2685, Chapter on not asking the Polytheists for testimonies or anything else. He also records it in other chapters.

Comment

• 17:251.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X