Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mostly Overlooked Hadiths & Verses and their Wisdom

Asalamalikum Brothers & Sisters,

This thread is dedicated for those Hadith & also verses of Quran which our Muslim Ummah normally overlooks (in my humble opinion) OR forgets to implement which will be very necessary for ours success in the both the worlds. Though such things can be in TONS so avoid the general topics that are discussed everywhere and try to remind the Overlooked points from Hadith & Noble Quran. Prophet :saw: had said something like that giving knowledge is an act of Virtues of Jaariya or forever even after our death when its passed on and on to others that was started from us.

KINDLY do not make this thread a hadith book because there are 10,000's of Hadiths about various incidents, instructions,histories etc etc etc but Kindly post ONLY those hadith that are really overlooked (in your opinion), forgotten and a source to provoke thought & inspiration or wisdom..

Try to make a headline or topic
    specifying which lesson can be inferred or learned from your posts or leave a note at the end or both, .Jazakallah khair and know that its your duty the knowledge of such should be made known- shared with your Brethren. Wassalam .Lets start with the first one ....

CONSTANT or steadfastness in Amal or Actions ( isthiqamah)

Abu Salih reported that Sayyidah Aisha (RA) and Sayyidah Umm Salamah were asked, ďWhich deed was dearest to Allahís Messenger (SAW). They said, ďThat which is done constantly even if it is little [Ahmed 25494, Bukhari 43, Muslim 785, Nisai 5050, Ibn e Majah 4238]

Note: I 've seen friends going deep in Religion but after a year leaving it almost of it citing time shortages and other Concerns. So you can pray atleast the Fard rayers but Always & constantly than overburdening with most of all nafl and leaving all the prayers all together later. So we should aim to practise untill death.
    How to achieve it kindly read :http://muallafkampung.blogspot.in/20...istiqamah.html
    Last edited by talibilm09; 24-10-15, 01:54 PM.
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Re: Mostly Overlooked Hadiths & Verses and their Wisdom

:jkk:
    ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Avoiding the Doubtful things

(Bukhari Book #2, Hadith #49) & (Muslim)

"The halal is clear and the haram is clear, and between them are matters unclear that are unknown to most people. Whoever is wary of these unclear matters has absolved his religion and Honour. And whoever indulges in them has indulged in the haram. It is like a shepherd who herds his sheep too close to preserved sanctuary, and they will eventually graze in it. Every king has a sanctuary, and the sanctuary of Allah is what He has made haram. There lies within the body a piece of flesh. If it is sound, the whole body is sound; and if it is corrupted, the whole body is corrupted. Verily this piece is the heart."

Note: Its been 1400 years after the Noble Quran , Hadith, Sahabas, Tabieens & Tabe -Tabieens in whoseIjmas we can trust 100 % but though we can still trust the Scholars but when an issue arises out of Doubt its THE BEST IS TO AVOID THEM IF YOU NEED & LOVE PIETY or Thakwa but I have to accept it , Its a matter of difficulty & Courage but if you do SO you will feel the sweetness of Your Imaan and your Duas will be accepted, in Short you are on the path to become a Muhmin. matters of Halal cut food, Interest or Riba etc may come under this Topic, For shafis matter of keeping 'Beard' may come under this is it a Wajib or A sunnah muakadha.
      So avoid '' THE GREY AREA "
      Last edited by talibilm09; 17-12-14, 03:04 AM.
      My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
        Avoiding the Doubtful things

(Bukhari Book #2, Hadith #49) & (Muslim)

"The halal is clear and the haram is clear, and between them are matters unclear that are unknown to most people. Whoever is wary of these unclear matters has absolved his religion and Honour. And whoever indulges in them has indulged in the haram. It is like a shepherd who herds his sheep too close to preserved sanctuary, and they will eventually graze in it. Every king has a sanctuary, and the sanctuary of Allah is what He has made haram. There lies within the body a piece of flesh. If it is sound, the whole body is sound; and if it is corrupted, the whole body is corrupted. Verily this piece is the heart."

Note: Its been 1400 years after the Noble Quran , Hadith, Sahabas, Tabieens & Tabe -Tabieens in whoseIjmas we can trust 100 % but though we can still trust the Scholars but when an issue arises out of Doubt its THE BEST IS TO AVOID THEM IF YOU NEED & LOVE PIETY or Thakwa but I have to accept it , Its a matter of difficulty & Courage but if you do SO you will feel the sweetness of Your Imaan and your Duas will be accepted, in Short you are on the path to become a Muhmin. matters of Halal cut food, Interest or Riba etc may come under this Topic, For shafis matter of keeping 'Beard' may come under this is it a Wajib or A sunnah muakadha.
        So avoid '' THE GREY AREA "
        The hadeeth you mentioned is really interesting.

That is because I think implementing this hadeeth is really tough , because of so many sects that have come up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
          The hadeeth you mentioned is really interesting.

That is because I think implementing this hadeeth is really tough , because of so many sects that have come up.
          Asalamalaikum brother,
          Yes it is but where there is a will there is a way inshallah but Allah swt is watchful about our Hearts & thoughts , So Its very Important that we show to our Lord through our Intentions and actions that we are atleast striving to do our best though we are not successful.. example, When we have doubts even if you eat in a Muslim shop (if the seller looks very Orientalist - not pious ) i heard a hadith said something Recite 'Bismillah Allahu Akbar '' before eating (words uttered while culling an animal) so the sin will not be on us IF the animal was not culled properly 100 % ( this is only for doubtful cases within Muslims- Anything culled by a Mushrik (even Christian, Jew unless he is pure Monotheist) is Haram to eat)

This link further discusses it very Clearly
          http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...42#post5906742
          Last edited by talibilm09; 29-10-15, 04:08 PM.
          My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Replying Salam with better words

You may wonder why in this thread for overlooked things and a matter as common as saying Salam is discussed. This matter looks simple but it is of a Great importance which were STRESSED by several Hadiths and not only that Allah swt teaches us in his Noble Quran makes the REPLY of Salam (greetings) a WAJIB itself.

`Abdullah ibn `Amr ibn al-`As reported that a man asked the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace), “Which aspect of Islam is best?” He said, Feeding people and greeting those you know and those you do not know.” [Bukhari; Muslim]

Noble Quran 4:86 ''When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return with what is better than it, or (at least) return it equally. Certainly, Allah is Ever a Careful Account Taker of all things.''

Note: But some reply the salam in such a way which can cause no ' salam ' anymore but hatred revenge and insult, so the Basic Aim of Salam is derailed , for more Profound view of Today's Salam even by the learned kindly read post # 5

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-be-taken-away
            Last edited by talibilm09; 17-12-14, 04:51 AM.
            My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Glad Tidings to a believer

TEST OF A BELIEVER UNTILL SINS ARE OFF
              Mus’ab ibn Sa’d reported on the authority of his father (Sad (RA) ) that he asked, “O Messenger of Allah, which people will face trials most?” He said, “The Prophets, then the likes, then the likes. A man is tried according to his religion. If he is firm on his religion then the trial is severe and if he is soft in observing his religions then he is tried according to his religion.Then, the trial does not remove from the slave till he walks over earth having no sin on him.”[Ibn e Majah 4023]

Note : Promise of Allah swt . :up:

Abu Hurayrah stated that the Prophet said,
              “Allah says, ‘O son of Adam! Take time out to constantly worship me, I will fill your chest with richness , and remove your poverty. And if you do not do so. I will make your hands filled with occupation, and will not remove your poverty”[Shaykh Al-Albani declared it to authentic in his Sunan Al-Tirmidhi]

Note : Promise of Allah swt :up: It does not mean a billionaire in a few days it means blessings even in your little earnings and being self sufficient. Many Earn Much but no blessings (barakah) makes them to live in stress, debts, big disease etc.

UNIMAGINABLE PARADISE
              Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (RA) reported Allah's Messenger (SAW) as narrating a hadith Qudsi. Allah said: I have prepared for My righteous slaves what no eye has seen and no ear has heard and what has not occured to the heart of any mortal. If you like, recite:"No soul knows what delight of the eyes is kept hidden from them, as a recompense for what they used to do." (32:17) ( TIRMIDHI )

Sayyidina Anas (RA) reported that the Prophet (SAW) said, "There is a tree in Paradise under whose shade a ride may ride for a hundred years but will not be able to cover it." He also said that if anyone likes, he might recite:"And the spreading shade, and water over-flowing." (56:30-31) [Ahmed 12071]

Note : Promise of Allah swt :up: Its a Promise from THE MOST HIGH who gave victory to 313 unarmed Muslim army with 2 horses , few swords and sticks , including the old Aged (70-94) & the kids against over a 1000+ strong full armed soldiers on horses at battle of Badr. Allah swt does what he wills and for him this Earth's value is not even equal to a wing of a Mosquito ( Now astronomers say that too ,lol)

Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (?) said:Verily, Allah does not treat a believer unjustly in regard to his virtues. He would confer upon him (His blessing) in this world and would give him reward in the Hereafter. And as regards a non-believer he would be made to taste the reward (of virtue in this world)what as has done for himself so much that when it would be the Hereafter he would find no virtue for which he should be rewarded. [Sahih Muslim]

Note : Promise of Allah swt :up:

IF ALLAH LIKES SOME ONE
              Narrated Humaid: I heard Muawiya bin Abi Sufyan delivering a sermon. He said, "I heard the Prophet saying, "If Allah wants to do a favour to somebody, He bestows on him, the gift of understanding the quran and Sunna. I am but a distributor, and Allah is the Giver. The state of this nation will remain good till the Hour is established, or till Allah's Order comes." (BUKARI Book #92, Hadith #415)

Sayyidina Anas (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (PBUH) said, “If Allah decides to do good to a slave, he involves him in deeds.” He was asked, “How does he involve them in deeds, O Messenger of Allah?” He said, “He makes it easy for him to do righteous (deeds) before death.” [Ahmed 13407]

Note : If you are interested in Islam it means Allah swt LOVES YOU
              Last edited by talibilm09; 11-01-15, 09:32 AM.
              My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

DON'T PRAISE PEOPLE in FRONT OF THEM
                Abu Ma’mar reported that a man stood up and began to praise one of the Amirs. So Miqdad ibn Aswad (RA) poured dust on his face, saying, “Allah’s Messenger :SAW: commanded us that we should pour dust on the face of those who praise.”
                [Ahmed 23885, Bukhari 339, Muslim 3002, Abu Dawud 4804,Ibn e Majah3742]

Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 183
                Narrated Abu Bakra: A man praised another man in front of the Prophet. The Prophet said thrice, "Wailaka (Woe on you) ! You have cut the neck of your brother!" The Prophet added, "If it is indispensable for anyone of you to praise a person, then he should say, "I think that such-and-such person (is so-and-so), and Allah is the one who will take his accounts (as he knows his reality) and none can sanctify anybody before Allah (and that only if he knows well about that person.)".

Sahih Muslim Book 042, Hadith Number 7144.
                Chapter : It is prohibited to praise anyone so much that there may be fear of his being intoxicated because of that.This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Miqdad through another chain of transmitters.

Note: Praising people may lead to loosing of their Ikhlaas and that is a sin which the person who tempted to happen so will also have a equal Share of such sin too

SLEEPING IN SAME BLANKET MUST BE AVIODED
                Sayidina Abu Sa’eed (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, “Let no man look at the satr of another man and no woman at the satr of another woman. And, let no man lie down with another man covered with the same blanket and let no woman lie down with another woman covered with the same blanket.” [Ahmed 11601, Muslim 338, Ibn e Majah 661]

Note : satr of Man is under Navel upto below knees, The part which must be covered during Salat as fard and for women the whole body untill ankles (think). Its said sleeping can be the root cause to become homosexuals, lesbians etc.

FRIENDSHIP with NON believers
                Dawud :: Book 14 : Hadith 2781Narrated Samurah ibn Jundub:
                To proceed, the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Anyone who associates with a polytheist and lives with him is like him.

CAN YOU BE KIND TO NON MUSLIMS ?
                Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 9 Narrated Asma' bint Abu Bakr:
                My mother came to me, hoping (for my favor) during the lifetime of the Prophet asked the Prophet, "May I treat her kindly?" He replied, "Yes." Ibn 'Uyaina said, "Then Allah revealed: 'Allah forbids you not with regards to those who fought not against you because of religion, and drove you not out from your homes, that you should show them kindness and deal justly with them.'.......(60.8)

Note: Always aim to tell them a few words about oneness of Allah & our meeting on the day of Judgement. If you did good dawah to them you will be saved from the bad dawah that they intend to do with you
                and that applies to impious Muslims as well
                Last edited by talibilm09; 14-01-15, 12:04 PM.
                My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Learning without IKHLAAS
                  From Jaabir (radiyAll‚hu 'anhu) who said that All‚h's Messenger (salAll‚hu 'aliahi wa'sallam) said:"Do not acquire knowledge in order to compete with the scholars, nor to argue with the ignorant, nor to gain mastery over the gatherings. Since whoever does that, then: The Fire ! The Fire!"

Note: Learning ilm is a deed of great virtue but learning just to beat others for fame & name must be avoided. Like learning to form a gang or group of his own etc (hadith)Learning to find the truth (THE Haq) is another matter but even that leave your Ego and do it for Allah swt. Another hadith said something like an Aalim (Scholar) a Shaheed (A Martyr) a Best generous Charity Giver will be thrown into hell because they did their actions for Name & fame ie For SHOW OFF and Not For seeking pleasure of Allah swt.

AVOIDING ARROGANCE
                  Abdullah ibn Mas’ud reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “No one who has the weight of a seed of arrogance in his heart will enter Paradise.” A man said, “Indeed, a man loves to have beautiful clothes and shoes.” The Prophet said, “Verily, Allah is beautiful and He loves beauty. Arrogance means rejecting the truth and looking down on people ''

Note : Its a continuation from the above post (in my opinion)

AVOID BACKBITING
                  Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Messenger (?) said, 'Beware of suspicion, for it is the worst of false tales and don't look for the other's faults and don't spy and don't hate each other, and don't desert (cut your relations with) one another O Allah's slaves, be brothers!" [sahih al-Bukhari 6724]

It has been reported that a man was brought before Abdullah bin Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) because his beard was giving out smell of wine. Ibn Mas'ud said:"We have been prohibited from spying (on Muslims) and finding faults (with them). But we can take to task only and only if the sin is overt.[Abu Dawud].

From AbŻ Hurayrah (radiyAll‚hu 'anhu) who said that All‚h's Messenger said:"From the perfection of a person's Isl‚m is that he leaves alone that which does not concern him." ( http://quran.com/23/3 )

From AbŻ Hurayrah (radiyAll‚hu 'anhu) who said that All‚h's Messenger (salAll‚hu 'alaihiwa'sallam) said:"The believer is a mirror for the believer, and the believer is the brother of the believer. He safeguards his property for him and defends him from behind.''

Note : how many people do this (above in blue) ? This is discussed in depth in the below link By Mufti Menk

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-by-Mufti-Menk

RIGHTS OF A MUSLIM
                  Malik related to me from al-Ala ibn Abd ar-Rahman from Mabad ibn Kab as-Salami from his brother Abdullah ibn Kab ibn Malik al-Ansari from Abu Umama that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Whoever cuts off the right of a muslim man by his oath, Allah forbids him the garden and obliges the Fire for him." They said, "Even if it is something insignificant, Messenger of Allah?" He said, "Even if it is a tooth-stick, even if it is a tooth-stick," repeating it three times. (malik muwatta Book #36, Hadith #36.8.11)

Easy Way to earn Virtues
                  The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Whoever seeks forgiveness for believing men and believing woman, Allah will write for him a good deed for each believing man and believing woman.” [Tabarani]

Note: how many billions Muslims are & WERE there ?

80 years virtues in 10 minutes
                  HADITH RECORDED IN TABRANI ON THE AUTHORITY OF ABDULLAH IBN ABBAS
                  http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ust-10-minutes!
                  Last edited by talibilm09; 11-01-15, 09:36 AM.
                  My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

hmm one overlooked hadith is anything on adhab and not backbiting people, so post something about that.
                    Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 30-03-18, 08:30 PM.
                    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                      hmm one avoided hadith is anything on adhab and not backbiting people, so post something about that.

Asalam Ukthi.

About Backbiting its already there with 2 hadiths + defending him (against Backbiting) in the previous post + LINK - Mufti Menk's '' Gossiper will not enter paradise' http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-by-Mufti-Menk in post # 9 too about adhab is good manners Right ?, Inshallah shortly let me find them, but the 3 hadith i mentioned here 2+1 will be a part of adhab too right ? , correct me If I am wrong, Jazakallah
                      Last edited by talibilm09; 27-09-15, 10:03 AM.
                      My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Abdullah bin `Utbah bin Mas`ud reported: I heard `Umar bin Al-Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him) reported saying: "In the lifetime of Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) some people were called to account through Revelation. Now Revelation has discontinued and we shall judge you by your apparent acts. Whoever displays to us good, we shall grant him peace and security, and treat him as a near one. We have nothing to do with his insight. Allah will call him to account for that. But whosoever shows evil to us, we shall not grant him security nor shall we believe him, even if he professed that his intention is good.''
                        [Al-Bukhari].

I feel this is a very important hadith and one which we need to understand and apply. This Hadith also proves that the injunctions go with the apparent acts of a person and not with will and intention. It also indicates that a good intention does not waive the Qisas and establishing the justice.

The Prophet (saw) said: "I have been ordered to judge the apparent." [Nisaa'i 3714]

Abdullah ibn Utbah ibn Mas'oud said:
                        "I heard Umar ibn Khattab say, "there were some people excused by the wahi in the time of rasulullah, but now the wahi has stopped. now we account you by what you do that is apparent. And whoever shows us any corruption, we will never believe him nor trust him even if your intention was good." [Bukhari]

Comment

Asalam bro,Jazakallah , Any Incidents , examples to Make us understand More Clearly.
                          Last edited by talibilm09; 20-12-14, 02:20 AM.
                          My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
                            Jazakallah , Any Incidents , examples to Make us understand More Clearly.
                            Yes there are many a few examples

Abu Sa'eed Al Khidree narrated:
                            "A man came to Muhammad (saw), with squinted eyes, with large jaws, with a big forehead and a huge beard, a completely shaven head, with a very high izaar, and he shouted at the Prophet (saw) "Fear Allah!" and he (saw) replied: "dare you, am I not the most god fearing man? Allah trusts me from the seventh heaven, and you do not trust me?" Khalid bin Waleed was there at that time, he said "shouldn't I strike his neck?" he (saw) said, "No, because he prays." Khalid said: "how many pray on their tongue, what is not in their heart?" the Prophet (saw) said: "Allah did not order me to open their chest to judge on what is in the heart. From this man will be descendants who recite Qur'an so beautifully, but it will not reach their throat, they will leave the deen like the arrow from the bow, and if I meet them, I will kill them like the people of Thamud were killed." [Muslim]

Ali ibn Abi Talib narrated
                            "Two slaves left on the day of hudaibiyah, from Makkah to Muhammad (saw), they said to Muhammad: "there are two slaves who make hijrah to you, not for your sake, but only to be freed from slavery." Muhammad (saw) angrily said: "you people of Quraish never stop misbehaving until Allah will send over you someone who will strike your neck because of this. I will never send them back, they are people whom Allah freed." [Abu Dawood]

Comment

I could not understand , kindly explain elaborate how that's related to post #12 as its said that their Intentions are Good ? and matters after Prophet :saw:
                              Last edited by talibilm09; 20-12-14, 03:02 AM.
                              My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Working...
                              X