Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

:salams: Abu Mus'ab

Is this Hadith authentic? And when it says every morning it evening , is reciting it after fajr okay? Here's the Hadith :
    "I am pleased with Allah as my Lord, with Islam as my religion and with Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as my Prophet."
    Radheetu billaahi Rabban, wa bil-'Islaami deenan, wa bi-Muhammadin (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallama) Nabiyyan.
    "Allah has promised that anyone who says this 3 times every morning or evening will be pleased on the Day of Resurrection." [Ahmad & At-Tirmithi]

- also, is the Hadith about saying allahuna ajirni minaa naar 7 times after Maghreb and fajr sahih?

- lastly, there's a dua to make once you wake up, what is it?

:jkk:
    ***Reminder- It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that RasulAllah :saw: said: Whoever reads Tabaarak allaathi bi yadihi’l-mulk [i.e., Soorat al-Mulk] every night, Allaah will protect him from the torment of the grave.
    And never think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. He only delays them for a Day when eyes will stare [in horror]. [Quran, 14:42]

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder94 View Post

Is this Hadith authentic? And when it says every morning it evening , is reciting it after fajr okay? Here's the Hadith :
      "I am pleased with Allah as my Lord, with Islam as my religion and with Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as my Prophet."
      Radheetu billaahi Rabban, wa bil-'Islaami deenan, wa bi-Muhammadin (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallama) Nabiyyan.
      "Allah has promised that anyone who says this 3 times every morning or evening will be pleased on the Day of Resurrection." [Ahmad & At-Tirmithi]

- also, is the Hadith about saying allahuna ajirni minaa naar 7 times after Maghreb and fajr sahih?

:salams
      :start:

The hadith in bold I believe brother Abu Musab it is hasan.It has trustworthy chain of transmitters and mentioned by four Muhadith.
      صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
      Al-Muslimeen

Comment

What a great topic - I'm glad something like this exists.

Could you post the source of this hadith and who narrated it?

"There is not a nation of people except that some of them are in the Fire and some of them are in Paradise except for my Ummah, as all of it will be in Paradise.”
        Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

I heard a hadith about going to bed hungry.I wud like the complete hadith and if it is authentic or not

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post

I'd like to know the authenticity of this incident please. I have doubts about it because it seems like something which occurred in Makkah, whereas Hassaan radiyallahu 'anh only embraced Islam in Madinah? I also checked his biography in Siyaar A'laam an-Nubalaa and it made no mention of it...
            :wswrwb:

I searched for days for this incident, and i could not find a source for it other than modern day people mentioning it, but i could not find a single source for it.

I even checked the poetry books in the hope of finding that poem which might refer to a history book, but still nothing, in fact i could not even find the poem anywhere in the books of poetry either.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by .Kid. View Post
              Sorry Akhi this isn't a hadeeth but where is this story of abu yazeed and the pope from?

Sufi stories for the most part have no chains to check their authenticity and are merely mentioned in books of sufi stories, and many of them are outright fabrications.

This one too is one of those chainless ones.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Comment

Assalamu'alaikum, there is a hadeeth referenced to baihaqi with regards to a tree in jannah from which 2 springs eminate...if a person drinks from the first spring then every type of harm/filth exits and if he bathes in the other, he's hair will not be unkempt...

What is the authenticity of that hadeeth, please?

Mutarrif B. 'Abdillah: ''Oh Allaah, I seek forgiveness in you from that which I have repented and then returned back to, and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I rendered to you and then did not fulfil and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I alleged was for seeking your face but, my heart mixed with that which you know of me'' (حلية الأولياء)

Comment

MashAllah what a great thread, but just to note that as long as a hadith is not fabricated, then we can 'rush to spread them around' for hadiths are just for us to get a basic lesson out of them and not to derive rulings ourself [for that is the duty of scholars] and the weak one's for encouragement only

Comment

Originally posted by Bhai1 View Post
                    MashAllah what a great thread, but just to note that as long as a hadith is not fabricated, then we can 'rush to spread them around' for hadiths are just for us to get a basic lesson out of them and not to derive rulings ourself [for that is the duty of scholars] and the weak one's for encouragement only
                    That is precisely why i made this thread, because a layperson doesn't know the first thing about hadeeth terminologies and what exactly is meant when a narration is said to be 'weak', so therefore he has no right to quote it and spread it around.

Only an `aalim is allowed to do it because he is aware of its reality. It's not for every tom paul and harry.

Comment

but a laymen dont take any rulings from hadith brother but just a lesson of basic realities that is obvious to all; this regarding the sahih hadiths and the 'encouragement' from weak hadiths is effective on all too for again it is not an indepth meaning we are after but just a boost in faith, for example if there is a hadith that says reviving a sunnah one gets the reward of a hundred martyrs, then the encouragement of reviving sunnah is obvious in that!

please see what the scholars say about weak hadiths and hadiths in general:

http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=1818&CATE=91

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/nuh/studyh.htm

in the Quran ALlah says that He tells us the stories Prophets in the Quran that we may boost our hearts with faith [11.120], thus even a laymen can read them and get this boost; it is the derivation of rulings that we leave to the experts

there is a sahih hadith that quotes the Prophet [saw] saying 'narrate the stories of the Israliyat' and we all know that such stories cannot be proven to be sahih, thus their narration is so that we get a boost of imaan out of them and learn basic lessons

Anyway bro this thread is not to debate thus it only leave me to say:

ps; i might as well offer you some expert opinion on this since i'm a gonner after this :):

the Holy Qur’ân deals with two different types of subjects. One is concerned with the general statements about the simple realities, and it includes the historic events relating to the former prophets and their nations, the statement of Allâh’s bounties on mankind, the creation of the heavens and the earth, the cosmological signs of the divine power and wisdom, the pleasures of the Paradise and the torture of the Hell, and subjects of similar nature.

The other type of subjects consists of the imperatives of Sharî’ah, the provisions of Islâmic law, the details of doctrinal issues, the wisdom of certain injunctions and other academic subjects.

The first type of subject, which is termed in the Holy Qur’ân as Zikr (the lesson, the sermon, the advice) is, no doubt, so easy to understand that even an illiterate rustic can benefit from it without having recourse to anyone else. It is in this type of subjects that the Holy Qur’ân says:

And surely We have made the Qur’ân easy for Zikr (getting a lesson) so is there anyone to get a lesson? (54:22)

http://ccm-inc.org/oldsite/iqra/articles/authsun/chap2.html

from the above it can be gleaned that any tom **** and Abdullah can glean the basic realities/encouragement from Quran, and by implication from hadith too

and if anyone should remain in doubt about laymen benifiting from hadith:

there are benefits the ordinary Muslim can expect from personally reading hadith, and benefits that he cannot, unless he is both trained and uses other literature, particularly the classical commentaries that explain the hadiths meanings and their relation to Islam as a whole.

The benefits one can derive from reading al-Bukhari and Muslim are many: general knowledge of such fundamentals as the belief in Allah, the messengerhood of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace), the Last Day and so on; as well as the general moral prescriptions of Islam to do good, avoid evil, perform the prayer, fast Ramadan, and so forth. The hadith collections also contain many other interesting points, such as the great rewards for acts of worship like the midmorning prayer (duha), the night vigil prayer (tahajjud), fasting on Mondays and Thursdays, giving voluntary charity, and So on. Anyone who reads these and puts them into practice in his life has an enormous return for reading hadith, even more so if he aims at perfecting himself by attaining the noble character traits of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) mentioned in hadith. Whoever learns and follows the prophetic example in these matters has triumphed in this world and the next.

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/nuh/studyh.htm

and where do 'weak hadiths' fit into all of this/:

According to the very words of Imam al-Nawawi, “The ulema have said, both the fuqaha, the hadith experts and others is that it is permitted, rather recommended to act in virtuous deeds, in acts of exhortation and warning [f. when you encourage something or warn against it]. It is permitted to act upon weak hadith as long as they are not fabricated”.

And this acting on weak hadith is not an innovation, contrary to what the questioner asked about, because the texts of the Lawgiver and on His behalf, the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, have come with strong encouragement to increase in acts of obedience and to devote one’s time to that and have encouraged us to have fear, in certain texts and in others, to have hope. So whoever acts by a weak hadith in virtuous acts and the like has acted by the general guidance that is established in encouraging good works and virtuous deeds.

All that can be said is that the particular hadith specified something of good work and the like. So if what is understood from this weak hadith goes against what is established by sound hadith, it is agreed that one doesn’t act upon it, and what is the overwhelming situation, in hadiths that are like this, is that it is in itself excessively weak or fabricated. Though if it is not going against the sound hadith then acting upon it doesn’t take one out from acting on the texts that encourage one to do good works.

http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=3377&CATE=91

Comment

Originally posted by arachnide View Post
                        Wow. I'd like to add more....

1) 'Let people rejoice in being Muslims and not run away from it'

2) 'Do not overburden yourselves, lest you perish. People [before you] overburdened themselves and perished. Their remains are found in hermitages and monasteries' (Musnad of Abu Ya'la).

3) This, a reaaallllllly good one :

Rasulullah gave advice to Abu Dzar (r.a) :

"Let your own faults prevent you from criticizing others and do not try to find fault with others, because [it could be that] you commit those faults yourself. It is enough to prove you guilty that you should find in others such faults as you yourself possess, though you may not be aware of them, and that you should find in others such misdeeds as you yourself commit.

After this Rasulullah saw patted the chest of Abu Dzar ra with his loving hand and said : "O, Abu Dzar, there is no wisdom better than prudence, nor any piety better than refraining from the unlawful, nor any nobility better than polite manners"

[Narrated by Ibn Hibban]

4) Dunno the exact wording but more or less like this : when Allah's servant experienced a trial or tribulation, its metaphor was like a gold being plunged to the fire, so the fire would devour its impurities, and as a result a pure gold is produced.

5) It is from HAdith Baihaqi. A woman came to Aisha's house and Rasulullah :saw: opened the door, then asked Aisha who is that. And Aisha said she's a professional singer from the tribe so-and-so. And tell if Rasulullah :saw: wants to listen to her or not. Rasulullah :saw: neither approved or forbid.
                        1: That one is part of a longer hadeeth from bukhaari etc: "Make things easy and do not make things difficult, and give people glad tidings and do not make them run away (out of detestation)."

2: That one is from Abu daawood: "Do not make things difficult upon yourselves so that Allaah enforces that difficulty upon you, because there was a nation (before you) that made things difficult upon themselves so Allaah enforced that difficulty upon them, and those are their remnants in the hermitages and monasteries."

Long story short with this narration, it is hasan (authentic). i remember this was a nice exercise when I was doing this hadeeth, i came across laypeople who wanted to dabble in hadeeth, so they came out and claimed "this narration is weak, it was weakened by shaykh albani!", little did they know that albaani later commented in another book of his and said that he had said some time back that it was weak, but with the supporting proofs it is raised to the level of hasan.

3: That is from a massive hadeeth, and when i say massive i mean massive, it's 4 pages long. It is reported by imaam ibn hibbaan rahimahullaah, this narration has a weak chain, however it contains a lot of wisdom, that is why you will find many `ulamaa using portions of it, though not attributing it as a hadeeth.

4: That's from abu daawood and it's authentic: "Umm Al-`Alaa Radhiallaahu `anhaa said: Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam visited me while i was sick and said: "Glad tidings O Umm Al-`Alaa, for indeed the sickness of a muslim is a means of Allaah removing his sins, like how fire removes the dirt of gold and silver."

5: That's reported by imaam an-nasaa'ee rahimahullaah, and it's authentic: "A woman came to Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam and He (Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam said: "O `Aa'ishah do you know who this is?" She replied: "No, O Nabi of Allaah." He (Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam) replied: "She is the (slave) singer of such and such a tribe, would you like her to sing for you?" So she sang for her."

Note: People should not misunderstand this hadeeth and think it's permissible for men to listen to women sing, far from it actually. This woman was a slave, and the laws governing slaves is not the same as that of free women.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder94 View Post

1: That hadeeth is found in those sources and others, and it is authentic.

2: There's a bit of difference on that narration, but most seem to regard it as weak, however you are free to act upon it without a problem.

3: The du`aa is: "Alhamdulillaahilladhee ahyaanaa ba`da maa amaatanaa wa ilayhin nushoor." - Reported in bukhaari.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
                            What a great topic - I'm glad something like this exists.

Could you post the source of this hadith and who narrated it?

"There is not a nation of people except that some of them are in the Fire and some of them are in Paradise except for my Ummah, as all of it will be in Paradise.”

It is authentic, imaam at-tabaraanee rahimahullaah reports it in al-mu`jamul awsat from Hadhrat `Abdullaah ibn `umar radhiallaahu `anhu.

Comment

Originally posted by cooldog View Post
                              I heard a hadith about going to bed hungry.I wud like the complete hadith and if it is authentic or not

You yourself going to bed hungry or your neighbor going to bed hungry?

Comment

Originally posted by Illest View Post
                                Assalamu'alaikum, there is a hadeeth referenced to baihaqi with regards to a tree in jannah from which 2 springs eminate...if a person drinks from the first spring then every type of harm/filth exits and if he bathes in the other, he's hair will not be unkempt...

What is the authenticity of that hadeeth, please?

It's reported in Sifatul jannah of imaam ibn abid dunyaa rahimahullaah, and it is weak.

Comment

Working...
                                X