Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

    Originally posted by .Kid. View Post
    I'll be honest, I thought you were joking at first. I haven't seen much of your posts to know these things about you.

    Isn't Darul Iftaa Mufti Ibn Adam Al Kawthari's website/name?

    :jkk:
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?263514-Abu-Mus-ab-s-Question-Thread
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

    The Prophet :saw: said:

    "Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

    muslim

    Narrated 'Abdullah:

    The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari


    "Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

    By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

    [Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

    Comment


      #17
      Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

      Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
      I can assure you, i did not reach 37,000 posts by joking and posting "lol", though i do have my fair share of useless posts.

      That is his websites name, mine is darul ilm, and mufti faraz ibn adam's is darul fiqh, but all our iftaa sections are darul iftaa.
      lol ...

      I have a question.

      Basically I don't know if its a Hadith but I read it a long time ago. It's along the lines of a person had died and is in the grave. An angel comes to punish him and is stopped by a man (I think), this man is actually Surah al Mulk .. so they have a dispute and the angel and the man (Surah al Mulk) take the dispute to Allah (SWT) and Surah al Mulk gets the right to protect the inhabitant of the grave.

      I know it's not a lot to go on and my vague account won't help much but was wondering if you know what I'm talking about.

      1. Is this a Hadith (if you find it)?
      2. Source + grading.
      3. If there is any commentary on the Hadith.

      Jazak Allah Khair.
      If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.

      said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

      - Khalid ibn Walid

      Comment


        #18
        Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

        If i was a separate entity then i could write a book about myself based on the amount of information this forum has about me.



        "The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."


        Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.


        Comment


          #19
          Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

          :salams

          I'd like to know the authenticity of this incident please. I have doubts about it because it seems like something which occurred in Makkah, whereas Hassaan radiyallahu 'anh only embraced Islam in Madinah? I also checked his biography in Siyaar A'laam an-Nubalaa and it made no mention of it...
          "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
          (al-Baqarah: 143)

          Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

          Comment


            #20
            Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

            Originally posted by Fais View Post
            lol ...

            I have a question.

            Basically I don't know if its a Hadith but I read it a long time ago. It's along the lines of a person had died and is in the grave. An angel comes to punish him and is stopped by a man (I think), this man is actually Surah al Mulk .. so they have a dispute and the angel and the man (Surah al Mulk) take the dispute to Allah (SWT) and Surah al Mulk gets the right to protect the inhabitant of the grave.

            I know it's not a lot to go on and my vague account won't help much but was wondering if you know what I'm talking about.

            1. Is this a Hadith (if you find it)?
            2. Source + grading.
            3. If there is any commentary on the Hadith.

            Jazak Allah Khair.
            It's not vague, it's actually quite famous.

            It's reported by imaam ibn `asaakir rahimahullaah in taareekh dimashq, and imaam ibn katheer rahimahullaah mentions it in tafseer ibn katheer, however he rejects the narration outright. And that is its grading, because it contains furaat ibn as-saa'ib who is rejected by the muhadditheen.

            The narration is: "A person from those who lived before you died, and he had nothing of the book of Allaah but Tabaarak, then when he was placed in his grave the angel came to him and the surah (i.e. mulk) jumped in his face, so he (the angel) said: "You are from the book of Allaah and i dislike causing you harm, and i do not have the ability to benefit or harm you, him or myself, but if this is what you intend then go to your Lord and intercede for him." Then it will go to the Lord and say: "O Lord, so-and-so had taken heed of me from Your book, and taught me and recited me, will You burn him in the fire and punish him while i am in his heart? If You are going to do that then remove me from Your book." Then He (Allaah) will say: "Are you upset?" It will reply: "It is only right that i am upset." Then He (Allaah) will say: "Go now, for I have given him to you as a gift, and have accepted your intercession for him." Then it will come and the angel will leave depressed for not having been able to do anything to him. Then it will come and place its mouth upon his mouth and say: "Welcome to this mouth, because it had recited me. And welcome to this heart, because it had contained me. And welcome to these feet, because they had stood in Salaah with me." And it will be his companion in the grave out of fear of him becoming lonely.

            He (the narrator) said: "When Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam narrated this, there did not remain a child, adult, free person or slave but that they learnt it. And Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam named it 'The Savior'."



            This narration weak as mentioned before, however it is authentically narrated that surah mulk protects a person in the grave, so we should all make an effort to recite it before going to sleep In-Shaa Allaah.

            Is any commentary required?



            "The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."


            Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.


            Comment


              #21
              Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

              :jkk:

              You're an interesting character Abu Mus'ab.

              I think I will have a personal database on you in particular (and not a mental one).

              Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
              It's not vague, it's actually quite famous.

              It's reported by imaam ibn `asaakir rahimahullaah in taareekh dimashq, and imaam ibn katheer rahimahullaah mentions it in tafseer ibn katheer, however he rejects the narration outright. And that is its grading, because it contains furaat ibn as-saa'ib who is rejected by the muhadditheen.

              The narration is: "A person from those who lived before you died, and he had nothing of the book of Allaah but Tabaarak, then when he was placed in his grave the angel came to him and the surah (i.e. mulk) jumped in his face, so he (the angel) said: "You are from the book of Allaah and i dislike causing you harm, and i do not have the ability to benefit or harm you, him or myself, but if this is what you intend then go to your Lord and intercede for him." Then it will go to the Lord and say: "O Lord, so-and-so had taken heed of me from Your book, and taught me and recited me, will You burn him in the fire and punish him while i am in his heart? If You are going to do that then remove me from Your book." Then He (Allaah) will say: "Are you upset?" It will reply: "It is only right that i am upset." Then He (Allaah) will say: "Go now, for I have given him to you as a gift, and have accepted your intercession for him." Then it will come and the angel will leave depressed for not having been able to do anything to him. Then it will come and place its mouth upon his mouth and say: "Welcome to this mouth, because it had recited me. And welcome to this heart, because it had contained me. And welcome to these feet, because they had stood in Salaah with me." And it will be his companion in the grave out of fear of him becoming lonely.

              He (the narrator) said: "When Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam narrated this, there did not remain a child, adult, free person or slave but that they learnt it. And Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam named it 'The Savior'."



              This narration weak as mentioned before, however it is authentically narrated that surah mulk protects a person in the grave, so we should all make an effort to recite it before going to sleep In-Shaa Allaah.

              Is any commentary required?
              So it is reciting it before sleeping, not memorizing it that protects you from the grave?
              Last edited by .Kid.; 12-01-13, 10:14 PM.

              Comment


                #22
                Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

                Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
                It's not vague, it's actually quite famous.

                It's reported by imaam ibn `asaakir rahimahullaah in taareekh dimashq, and imaam ibn katheer rahimahullaah mentions it in tafseer ibn katheer, however he rejects the narration outright. And that is its grading, because it contains furaat ibn as-saa'ib who is rejected by the muhadditheen.

                The narration is: "A person from those who lived before you died, and he had nothing of the book of Allaah but Tabaarak, then when he was placed in his grave the angel came to him and the surah (i.e. mulk) jumped in his face, so he (the angel) said: "You are from the book of Allaah and i dislike causing you harm, and i do not have the ability to benefit or harm you, him or myself, but if this is what you intend then go to your Lord and intercede for him." Then it will go to the Lord and say: "O Lord, so-and-so had taken heed of me from Your book, and taught me and recited me, will You burn him in the fire and punish him while i am in his heart? If You are going to do that then remove me from Your book." Then He (Allaah) will say: "Are you upset?" It will reply: "It is only right that i am upset." Then He (Allaah) will say: "Go now, for I have given him to you as a gift, and have accepted your intercession for him." Then it will come and the angel will leave depressed for not having been able to do anything to him. Then it will come and place its mouth upon his mouth and say: "Welcome to this mouth, because it had recited me. And welcome to this heart, because it had contained me. And welcome to these feet, because they had stood in Salaah with me." And it will be his companion in the grave out of fear of him becoming lonely.

                He (the narrator) said: "When Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam narrated this, there did not remain a child, adult, free person or slave but that they learnt it. And Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam named it 'The Savior'."



                This narration weak as mentioned before, however it is authentically narrated that surah mulk protects a person in the grave, so we should all make an effort to recite it before going to sleep In-Shaa Allaah.

                Is any commentary required?
                No, none is needed.

                That is the one I was talking about. That is an amazing narration.
                If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.

                said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

                - Khalid ibn Walid

                Comment


                  #23
                  Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

                  Originally posted by Fais View Post
                  No, none is needed.

                  That is the one I was talking about. That is an amazing narration.
                  However if we turn to the narration which is the words of hadhrat `Abdullaah ibn mas`ood radhiallaahu `anhu then you have the following:

                  "A man died and the angels of punishment came to him and sat by his head, so it (his head) said: "You have no way unto him, he used to recite surah al-mulk, then they (the angels) will sit at his feet, and it (his feet) will say: "You have no way unto him, he used to stand in salaah with us reciting surah al-mulk." Then the angels will sit at his stomach, and it will say: "You have no way (unto him), he had contained in me surah al-mulk." Because of that it was named 'the protector'."

                  This narration has no problems, its chain is fine taking it to hadhrat `abdullaah ibn mas`ood radhiallaahu `anhu.

                  It is narrated by imaam at-tabaraani rahimahullaah in al-mu`jam al kabeer.

                  There's another very similar narration also from hadhrat `abdullaah ibn mas`ood radhiallaahu `anhu, also reported by imaam at tabaraani rahimahullaah in al-mu`jam al kabeer, and its chain is also okay.



                  "The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."


                  Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.


                  Comment


                    #24
                    Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

                    Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
                    However if we turn to the narration which is the words of hadhrat `Abdullaah ibn mas`ood radhiallaahu `anhu then you have the following:

                    "A man died and the angels of punishment came to him and sat by his head, so it (his head) said: "You have no way unto him, he used to recite surah al-mulk, then they (the angels) will sit at his feet, and it (his feet) will say: "You have no way unto him, he used to stand in salaah with us reciting surah al-mulk." Then the angels will sit at his stomach, and it will say: "You have no way (unto him), he had contained in me surah al-mulk." Because of that it was named 'the protector'."

                    This narration has no problems, its chain is fine taking it to hadhrat `abdullaah ibn mas`ood radhiallaahu `anhu.

                    It is narrated by imaam at-tabaraani rahimahullaah in al-mu`jam al kabeer.

                    There's another very similar narration also from hadhrat `abdullaah ibn mas`ood radhiallaahu `anhu, also reported by imaam at tabaraani rahimahullaah in al-mu`jam al kabeer, and its chain is also okay.
                    Jazak Allah Khair.

                    The previous narration that is weak yes? Not fabricated?

                    I remembered "If You are going to do that then remove me from Your book." from the narration ... And I just thought it was an amazing yet audacious thing to say.

                    That's why I'd been looking for it again .. but nothing had turned up.

                    May Allah (SWT) reward you. Ameen.
                    If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.

                    said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

                    - Khalid ibn Walid

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

                      Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                      :salams

                      I'd like to know the authenticity of this incident please. I have doubts about it because it seems like something which occurred in Makkah, whereas Hassaan radiyallahu 'anh only embraced Islam in Madinah? I also checked his biography in Siyaar A'laam an-Nubalaa and it made no mention of it...
                      :wswrwb:

                      I will have to research that story and get back to you In-Shaa Allaah.



                      "The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."


                      Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.


                      Comment


                        #26
                        Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

                        Originally posted by Fais View Post
                        Jazak Allah Khair.

                        The previous narration that is weak yes? Not fabricated?

                        I remembered "If You are going to do that then remove me from Your book." from the narration ... And I just thought it was an amazing yet audacious thing to say.

                        That's why I'd been looking for it again .. but nothing had turned up.

                        May Allah (SWT) reward you. Ameen.
                        I only know it as being weak / very weak, there may be some muhadditheen who say it's fabricated but I do not know them.

                        The only ones i do know that say it's fabricated is the salafis, and one of the signs they said of it being fabricated is that very statement, wallaahu a`lam.

                        Then again this very narrator furaat, imaam ibn hibbaan rahimahullaah rejected him, and said it's not permissible to even narrate or write his narrations unless you are doing it just to impart it as news.

                        So it's better to quote the narration of hadhrat `abdullaah ibn mas`ood radhiallaahu `anhu instead.



                        "The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."


                        Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.


                        Comment


                          #27
                          Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

                          Originally posted by .Kid. View Post

                          So it is reciting it before sleeping, not memorizing it that protects you from the grave?
                          Imaam an-nasaaee rahimahullaah reports that hadhrat `abdullaah ibn mas`ood radhiallaahu `anhu said: "Whoever recites tabaarakalladhee biyadihil mulk every night Allaah `Azza Wa jall will protect him with it from the punishment of the grave..."

                          And the narration is authentic.

                          But as we can see from the other narrations, memorizing it does help, and reciting it in tahajjud also helps, so we should make an effort to do all In-Shaa Allaah.



                          "The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."


                          Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.


                          Comment


                            #28
                            Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

                            Sorry Akhi this isn't a hadeeth but where is this story of abu yazeed and the pope from?

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

                              Wow. I'd like to add more....

                              1) 'Let people rejoice in being Muslims and not run away from it'

                              2) 'Do not overburden yourselves, lest you perish. People [before you] overburdened themselves and perished. Their remains are found in hermitages and monasteries' (Musnad of Abu Ya'la).

                              3) This, a reaaallllllly good one :

                              Rasulullah gave advice to Abu Dzar (r.a) :

                              "Let your own faults prevent you from criticizing others and do not try to find fault with others, because [it could be that] you commit those faults yourself. It is enough to prove you guilty that you should find in others such faults as you yourself possess, though you may not be aware of them, and that you should find in others such misdeeds as you yourself commit.

                              After this Rasulullah saw patted the chest of Abu Dzar ra with his loving hand and said : "O, Abu Dzar, there is no wisdom better than prudence, nor any piety better than refraining from the unlawful, nor any nobility better than polite manners"

                              [Narrated by Ibn Hibban]


                              4) Dunno the exact wording but more or less like this : when Allah's servant experienced a trial or tribulation, its metaphor was like a gold being plunged to the fire, so the fire would devour its impurities, and as a result a pure gold is produced.

                              5) It is from HAdith Baihaqi. A woman came to Aisha's house and Rasulullah :saw: opened the door, then asked Aisha who is that. And Aisha said she's a professional singer from the tribe so-and-so. And tell if Rasulullah :saw: wants to listen to her or not. Rasulullah :saw: neither approved or forbid.

                              And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Re: Have a Hadeeth and want to know its authenticity?

                                :salams
                                :start:

                                Mashallah brother good initiative.Allahu rabbi wah huwa hasbi.

                                May Allah protect you and help you further.
                                صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
                                Al-Muslimeen

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X