X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• `Mohammed
    replied
    Re: Is anime haraam?

I think if you can drop all this stuff cold turkeyy and move on to stuff that pleases Allah then mashallah. I think marriage and work is the best solution to this to be honest because on does not have time for such trivial things anymore and ones responsibility as a man/or woman increases in terms of deen and life. I am personally trying to cut out things that are not beneficial to me or waste of time with those are good but in a gradual process so that I do not just return to it after a period of time and start resuming the activities in a greater vigor. There are many goals as a muslim should try to slowly work towards before one is filled with the responsibilities of marriage and their free time is less. This includes memorizing the Qur'an, learning Classical Arabic to understand the Qur'an better, learning many aspects of the deen, getting involved with the local Muslim community, getting in shape and self-improvement. If you can slowly take an interest in some deeds that will please Allah Azzawajal overtime you will forget about these entertainment insha 'Allah and lead a more rewarding(for the hereafter) and fulfilling life.

Leave a comment:

• GamerNarion
    replied

Well, Al-hum-du-illah the minute the Athan comes on, no matter if I am occupied in a match online, I leave immediately. I try to limit the amount of gaming I do. And truth be told, are you honestly doing nothing but gaining knowledge my brother? You do not sit down to enjoy a movie that is not haraam? I reliese that the dunya is a narrow test, but ma-sha-Allah! Such will power!

Leave a comment:

• Yusuf Khan
    replied

Originally posted by GamerNarion View Post
    I saw a post saying that is was "haraam, period". It looked more like the brothers used personal observations on the matter, and did not fully address the topic. If your someone who knows a variety of related hadieths, please respond. NOTE*, I am well aware of the fact that the Messnger of Allah peace and blessings be upon him said the image-makers were the worst of those punished.
    From what I have understood of Allah swt's message, he has conveyed that one is strictly not to waste his time in acts that will not benefit him but of the acts in which he participates in from which he gains knowledge about his religion, he will be praised. Judging by your name, you play games and all these images brainwash the minds of many and keep you to the game, for some to the extent where they forget to make their Salat, or they may make their salat later than expected without excuse. The people that make them waste the time of many so they will be in greater punishment. I find it to be haram but the question is, now that you know, will you keep yourself away from anime, games, cartoons, reality tv shows and the whatnot?

Leave a comment:

• Mich
    replied

I never say anything on video games, just chess being Haraam, even without money involved. If chess is Haraam, I don't see why video games would be. But then I am just following logical thought and I am not a Muslim.

Leave a comment:

• GamerNarion
    replied

Uh, do you have an answer to my video game question if you do not mind me asking brother?

Leave a comment:

• Mich
    replied

Originally posted by al-siddiq View Post
    Who said anime is haram?

Toys of living things in islam are halal and by analogy so are cartoons.
    I watch anime and it includes: drawings of men, women, and animals. It is filled with music. Women are always drawn with skimpy cloths and anime will always have at least one episode either at a beach or hot spa so they can draw the women in skimpy bating suits. Do this and putting anime characters into sexual situations is actually named and done purposely... see fan service: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_service ). Anime is prompting western dress, western schooling, western ideas, western culture. In recent anime they more than likely either adding a homosexual character in it, and/or homosexual jokes or Homosexual fan service.

Another thing in a lot of Anime is stories/situations that come from he background of Shintoism, the idea of powerful spirits, powerful gods and goddesses, spirit world, magic, etc.

So can you tell me why anime would not be haraam?

Leave a comment:

• al-siddiq
    replied

Originally posted by GamerNarion View Post
    I saw a post saying that is was "haraam, period". It looked more like the brothers used personal observations on the matter, and did not fully address the topic. If your someone who knows a variety of related hadieths, please respond. NOTE*, I am well aware of the fact that the Messnger of Allah peace and blessings be upon him said the image-makers were the worst of those punished.
    Who said anime is haram?

Toys of living things in islam are halal and by analogy so are cartoons.

Leave a comment:

• GamerNarion
    replied

I meant to say "See, that's what's making me nervous", not "you". I do not know how to edit comments.

Leave a comment:

• GamerNarion
    replied

You that's whats making me nervous about video games. A lot of people say that they are okay just as long as they do not interfere with my Islamic duties. I am still nervous about playing a game involving magic, or polytheism.

Leave a comment:

• Mich
    replied

Another thing in a lot of Anime is stories/situations that come from he background of Shintoism, the idea of powerful spirits, powerful gods and goddesses, spirit world, magic, etc.

Leave a comment:

• GamerNarion
    replied

Well, shortly after the post, I made a verdict that it was better not to watch it; however, now I am just wondering if video games are forbidden.

Leave a comment:

• Mich
    replied

I watch anime and it includes: drawings of men, women, and animals. It is filled with music. Women are always drawn with skimpy cloths and anime will always have at least one episode either at a beach or hot spa so they can draw the women in skimpy bating suits. Do this and putting anime characters into sexual situations is actually named and done purposely... see fan service: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_service ). Anime is prompting western dress, western schooling, western ideas, western culture. In recent anime they more than likely either adding a homosexual character in it, and/or homosexual jokes or Homosexual fan service.

So can you tell me why anime would not be haraam?

Leave a comment:

• GamerNarion
    replied

Sorry, the website was not very helpful in terms of finding any topics. To be, when looking around it, I didn't find much of anything reguarding topics and what not.

Leave a comment:

• MountKnowledge
    replied

Check here for detail otherwise I'm unable to answer you with no complete knowledge on the matter of video games per se. Type the keywords in the search tool box http://alifta.com/default.aspx

Leave a comment:

• GamerNarion
    replied

Wa Alaykum wa Salaam!
    I assume that the following article forbids the watching of animated projects/shows created by man. Correct? Does this also include video games if what I stated was true.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X