Is anime haraam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is anime haraam?

Well, Al-hum-du-illah the minute the Athan comes on, no matter if I am occupied in a match online, I leave immediately. I try to limit the amount of gaming I do. And truth be told, are you honestly doing nothing but gaining knowledge my brother? You do not sit down to enjoy a movie that is not haraam? I reliese that the dunya is a narrow test, but ma-sha-Allah! Such will power!

Comment

I think if you can drop all this stuff cold turkeyy and move on to stuff that pleases Allah then mashallah. I think marriage and work is the best solution to this to be honest because on does not have time for such trivial things anymore and ones responsibility as a man/or woman increases in terms of deen and life. I am personally trying to cut out things that are not beneficial to me or waste of time with those are good but in a gradual process so that I do not just return to it after a period of time and start resuming the activities in a greater vigor. There are many goals as a muslim should try to slowly work towards before one is filled with the responsibilities of marriage and their free time is less. This includes memorizing the Qur'an, learning Classical Arabic to understand the Qur'an better, learning many aspects of the deen, getting involved with the local Muslim community, getting in shape and self-improvement. If you can slowly take an interest in some deeds that will please Allah Azzawajal overtime you will forget about these entertainment insha 'Allah and lead a more rewarding(for the hereafter) and fulfilling life.

Comment

Such a good response. I am going to work slowly to increasing my knowlegde of Islam. As for the Marriage and responsibility, all I have to worry about is school Al-hum-du-illah.

Comment

Well, we are to better society. Because we have human diagrams, we do not need to have a physical human present to study medicine. This is a very useful practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich View Post
            I watch anime and it includes: drawings of men, women, and animals. It is filled with music. Women are always drawn with skimpy cloths and anime will always have at least one episode either at a beach or hot spa so they can draw the women in skimpy bating suits. Do this and putting anime characters into sexual situations is actually named and done purposely... see fan service: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_service ). Anime is prompting western dress, western schooling, western ideas, western culture. In recent anime they more than likely either adding a homosexual character in it, and/or homosexual jokes or Homosexual fan service.

Another thing in a lot of Anime is stories/situations that come from he background of Shintoism, the idea of powerful spirits, powerful gods and goddesses, spirit world, magic, etc.

So can you tell me why anime would not be haraam?
            You are using logic here, not the Islamic texts.

There is a difference between live video of something, and a drawing. If you watching something that creates desire in you, cartoon or otherwise don't watch.

As for promoting western ideas, this would be an issue for any Muslim who is unable to differentiate between islamic thoughts and kufr thoughts. Sadly this is true for many muslims, but not all. If one is able to distinguish and be uninfluenced by them there is no issue on this point either.

In fact, there are brothers who are able to increase their love of Allah by watching these things, for instance motivating them to seek jannah due to what they enjoy of certain shows. Also, certain other anime are ideological, that teach you how the kuffar think and how they have an agenda and the like.

This is in regards to haram. In terms of recommendation, of course we should try to use all our time in whatever pleases Allah the most at all times.

I made this post to distinguish to you dear brother between something haram, and something that is not the best use of time (two different rulings).
            If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
            There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

So, in your opinion, would you agree that some gaming is all right? I have to admit, that not going without my favorite hobby is quite depressing. Al-hum-du-illah I resorted to the quran to gain knowledge; however, I only went an hour of reading and reciting before I grew tired, and put down the book.

Comment

What about islamic Anime? :) just curious and yes it is there

Comment

Originally posted by al-siddiq View Post
                  You are using logic here, not the Islamic texts.
                  What you are stating here, is Islam has no logic to it.

Comment

Uh sorry to barge in, but what he meant is that you were using your own interpretation of Islam; hints your "logic". No fighting/ debating among our brother everyone!

Comment

I watch anime and it includes: drawings of men, women, and animals. It is filled with music. Women are always drawn with skimpy cloths and anime will always have at least one episode either at a beach or hot spa so they can draw the women in skimpy bating suits. Do this and putting anime characters into sexual situations is actually named and done purposely... see fan service: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_service ). Anime is prompting western dress, western schooling, western ideas, western culture. In recent anime they more than likely either adding a homosexual character in it, and/or homosexual jokes or Homosexual fan service.

Another thing in a lot of Anime is stories/situations that come from he background of Shintoism, the idea of powerful spirits, powerful gods and goddesses, spirit world, magic, etc.

So all the things above are allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by GamerNarion View Post
                        \No fighting/ debating among our brother everyone!
                        debating is a big reason why this forum exists.

Comment

Yes, but they can lead to altercations my brother. I have seen many times this happen before.

Comment

What you are stating here, is Islam has no logic to it.
                            No akhi, I am saying that islam is not based upon logic, it based upon daleel from Islam. Rather, once one studies the daleel they can see logic come from it.

But akh GamerNarion is satisfied with your post so I will leave the discussion to you inshAllah.
                            If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
                            There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

So can you tell me why anime would not be haraam?
                              Some anime can be considered haram and they are usually categorized as "Ecchi"(probably where you get the fanservice and skimpy dresses from) i personally think anime is awesome as the ones i have watched as a kid have really inspired me to never give up (naruto,dbz.bleach) normal anime is considered halal as it doesnt have any of the above however what you have been watching is Ecchi anime which is haram so i can advise all of you to stay away from "hentai" or "Ecchi"

Comment

It is very restrictive to say animation is Haraam. For sure not all schools of thoughts of Islam believe this.
                                Note: I am a shia.

Comment

Working...
                                X