What to say to non Muslims?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to say to non Muslims?

Say someone you know or a friend (non Muslim) has a sick loved one or hast lost a loved one...what is the right/polite thing to say to them? And what if they ask for your prayers? What do you say?
    Nothing is impossible with Allah

Re: What to say to non Muslims?

Originally posted by muslimgirl93 View Post
    Say someone you know or a friend (non Muslim) has a sick loved one or hast lost a loved one...what is the right/polite thing to say to them? And what if they ask for your prayers? What do you say?
    Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un, To Allaah we belong and to him we return.

It is da'wah, a statement and a reminder to those listening of the transity nature of this life, not a du'a for the deceased as some people think it is.

As for praying / making du'a for them, this is forbidden in Islam as the only time we can make du'a for a kafir is to ask Allaah for their guidance, once they are gone then they have lost that chance.
    Abu Saalehah

OUTREACH4ISLAM - Calling the not yet Muslims of Leicester to Islam since 2006

Comment

:salams

You can say "May Allah grant you sabr." Then, give some consoling words.

But, of course, you can't make Dua'a for the deceased for their forgiveness.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

"May God ease your journey through the pain. This too shall pass"

If they ask you to make du'a, just tell "yes I will" or the sentence above. See I don't say "Allah", "Jesus", "Goddess" or any other deities :) It's forbidden in Islam to make du'a for them OK maybe -- but is telling it would be necessary? Just tell them comforting words. Your manner speaks louder insha Allah

And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

How about you just say I’m sorry for your loss? How would you feel if you lost someone and somebody came up to you and said may Jesus have mercy on his soul? Keep it neutral, read dua in your mind or on your own. I think praying for forgiveness for someone shows compassion and true love, I am shocked to find out it’s actually forbidden, wow.

Comment

Praying for forgiveness for them to whom though, sister, when the One (SWT) being prayed to has forbidden us to do so...? We may think that (it is compassion and true love) but good and evil is what is deemed by the Creator to be good or evil... It's not for us, the created, to dictate to the Just, All-knowing Creator and Source of knowledge and truth what is what (na'oothubillah).

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
            -------------------------------
            "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
            NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Working...
            X