Do all non-Muslims go to Hell?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoveEveryone
    started a topic Do all non-Muslims go to Hell?

Do all non-Muslims go to Hell?

I have had a discussion with a Muslim friend of mine about this. He tells me that the Qur'an makes it clear that even if one lives a good life, helping to improve the world, they would still go to Hell for eternity.

I have a problem with this.

Are all the Native Americans who never even heard the word Islam, burning in Hell? Are the North Koreans who are brainwashed from childhood to believe that Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong-Il are basically deities destined for Hell?

• AbuMubarak
    replied
    Re: Do all non-Muslims go to Hell?

this one came up

Leave a comment:

• al-siddiq
    replied

Originally posted by gariba View Post
    so, if a person disagrees with you, this means that, necessarily, he is both ignorant and arrogant...

this person would be perfectly justified in thinking exactly the same about you
    The person would definitely be justified in thinking this, if I exhibited the same close-mindedness I say I would see in the other person. I would expect the person to view it like this, if they are convinced their belief is true (and not due to some emotional argument or peripheral side benefit).

Leave a comment:

• AyaMikail
    replied

MasyAllah am so glad I came across this topic..xD now I know that whomever that doesn't receive any words of Islam will be judged accordingly on judgement day and not straightaway go to hell ;) hope to learn more by reading more topics ....-Amin-

Leave a comment:

• Afghan
    replied

I remember this question posted to a shaikh (even down to the native americans) and he quoted the verse that said that every nation has been sent a messenger. So just because we have no records of islam being sent to native americans cannot mean we should assume that they didnt.

Leave a comment:

• gariba
    replied

Originally posted by al-siddiq View Post
    There are many people who think they are better than others, and this trait in my experience is more prominent in nonmuslims than muslims.
    disagree
    in my experience, religion has absolutely no influence on this

Leave a comment:

• gariba
    replied

as a muslim for me the greatest insult would be someone disbelieving in the very Creator that created them. And as a patient person, I kindly and calmly show them the correct point of view. If they choose to reject this after clear proofs, then this is plain ignorance and arrogance.
    so, if a person disagrees with you, this means that, necessarily, he is both ignorant and arrogant...

this person would be perfectly justified in thinking exactly the same about you

Leave a comment:

• Abu Mus'ab
    replied

I would like to mention a very important point here.

Hadhrat Ubayy ibn ka'b radhiallaahu 'anhu said: "If Allaah were to punish the inmates of His heaven and the inmates of His earth, then He could do so and He would not be unjust to them, and if He were to show mercy to them, then His mercy is better for them than their deeds............" And he went further to say "And if you die upon a belief other than this, then you will enter the fire"

The same was narrated from ibn mas'ood and hudhayfah radhiallaahu 'anhumaa, and zayd ibn thaabit radhiallaahu 'anhu narrated it from Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu 'Alayhi Wa Sallam.

And it is reported in abu daawood.

What people fail to realise is that Allaah created everyone and everything, and Allaah can do with His creation what He wishes, so how can Allaah be unjust?

Leave a comment:

• al-siddiq
    replied

so, what is all this nonsense about being "the best of peoples", and this contempt for the perverted, unclean kuffar ?

If you really are the best (which, of course is as yet unproved) just act modest ... no exaggerated claims, no disparaging definitions...

interact normally with people, and try to impress them with your moral qualities

no insults, no "the kuffar are lower than fly poop" and similar absurdities

then, perhaps, you would be taken more seriously by non-muslims
    This seems to be an issue of your interaction with muslims who are not where you want them to be in terms of their personality traits, and not an issue of islam.

I mean it should be very clear from studying the islamic texts that moral qualities naturally would sprout as a result of correct understanding of islam. If there are mistakes with the personalities of some muslims you met, then that is a problem with their understand, not with islam.

And this same idea applies not just to muslims, but to any person. There are many people who think they are better than others, and this trait in my experience is more prominent in nonmuslims than muslims. Again this is not really the discussion, if we see a problem we kindly address it, without sarcastic and indirectly insulting remarks =).

Nontheless, as a muslim for me the greatest insult would be someone disbelieving in the very Creator that created them. And as a patient person, I kindly and calmly show them the correct point of view. If they choose to reject this after clear proofs, then this is plain ignorance and arrogance.

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied

so, what is all this nonsense about being "the best of peoples", and this contempt for the perverted, unclean kuffar ?

If you really are the best (which, of course is as yet unproved) just act modest ... no exaggerated claims, no disparaging definitions...

interact normally with people, and try to impress them with your moral qualities

gariba, every muslim here knows that at a moments notice, Allah could decree they become UN-guided, hence one of the reasons we pray salat five times a day, within that salat, as beseech our Lord to keep us guided on the path

however, as the book of Allah clearly states, we are not to be ashamed of our worship of Allah, and that Allah has decreed ANYONE who believes in Him as the best of mankind, because they pray and enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong

what you are confusing is confidence in our Lord and His guidance with arrogance. anyone who was created out of murky fluid has nothing to be PROUD about, because in the end, we all will return to the dirt

Leave a comment:

• gariba
    replied

Well a muslim who understands reality would never really brag

Leave a comment:

• al-siddiq
    replied

paradoxically, quite a few Muslims spend most of their time bragging about how they are so superior, how they are the best of peoples, how the kuffar are ignorant, perverted, unclean etc etc

Most likely, a case of pride overriding rational thought ?
    Well a muslim who understands reality would never really brag, because they would understand that the power is with Allah and not the person. Even people in positions of authority do not have power except that as human beings we are deceived by the short term sights and not the long term consequences and so we perceive these people having power.

The only one who has the right to be prideful is Allah, because we are all merely creation. No one who is muslim now is guaranteed to die as a muslim, nor is a nonmuslim guaranteed to die as a nonmuslim. So it would be foolish to be bragging because we have nothing to brag about.

Leave a comment:

• gariba
    replied

It is not absurd at all. I know people like this myself. It is important to understand that pride is the overriding of rational thought due to belief that one is superior in some sense.

Some people cannot see past their emotions. This is the choice they make.
    paradoxically, quite a few Muslims spend most of their time bragging about how they are so superior, how they are the best of peoples, how the kuffar are ignorant, perverted, unclean etc etc

most likely, a case of pride overriding rational thought ?

Leave a comment:

• al-siddiq
    replied

what a strange question

the world is a complex place, and human life is full of problems, suffering, etc

who would refuse effective, positive guidance ? no one

The idea that people, out of pride, arrogance etc doggedly insist on voluntarily burning in hellfire is absurd.
    It is not absurd at all. I know people like this myself. It is important to understand that pride is the overriding of rational thought due to belief that one is superior in some sense.

Some people cannot see past their emotions. This is the choice they make.

Leave a comment:

• gariba
    replied

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    Hopefully at least one Non-Muslims who can see tha folly of caliming to be "Good" Non-Muslims ... (self-contradictory)
    Raz, Raz.... as usual, you sound allergic to irony

Leave a comment:

Working...
X